Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The London Life: An English Regency RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Board Has MOVED! Please join us at our new domain: thelondonliferpg.com

WELCOME

NAVIGATION

CALENDAR

STAFF

OF THE MOMENT

LINKS

CREDITS

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Locked

Emerson Ball: "Catching up", 4/14; pm - Imogen and Lizzie Dunford
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Feb 9 2010, 04:37 PM

Lady Imogen

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

"Let us envy her her freedom indeed, and then we have said two kind things about her, and need feel no guilt for smiling over her lack of taste - or her chaperone's lack of sense," Imogen returned. "And if the Duchess would never allow you to leave the house in such a costume, I venture you would never attempt to do so!"

If Imogen was disturbed by the acknowledgement of her illness, she gave no indication of it. In fact, she was quite used to it. Though she did like to be treated as normally as possible, she far preferred people to be open about her health than to hedge around the issue, pretending not to notice while all the time it was the first thing on their minds. She did not at all mind that Lizzie gave a thought to it every now and again. "I believe I shall be. Sometimes I must admit my mother can be right. I did overdo things at Almacks," she confessed with a self-conscious smile. "I think I have rested enough this evening that if I spend a quiet morning tomorrow, I will be able to tolerate a visit to tea!"

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image
Imogen's Profile
For the evening, Imogen wears an ivory gown with forest green sash and shawl
Elizabeth Dunford (Liz)
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 12:05 AM

Lady Elizabeth Dunford

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

Lizzie beamed at her friend, delighted by Imogen's attendance confirmation. She suspected that her mother had invited only the most ladylike, gentlest, and dullest ladies of her acquaintance, though having met Lord Foxford, she now hoped that Lady Rosalind would be one of the more interesting guests. Of course Charity was to come as well, and Elise, who though very kind, Lizzie thought a touch boring. She was far to accommodating to be entertaining. Even if all the other ladies were as diverting as dust, perhaps with Charity, Imogen, and hopefully Lady Rosalind, the tea wouldn't be a complete disaster.

"I am so happy to hear that! Moreover, if it would serve as a comfort to Lady Huntingdon, I am sure the duchess will have a chair nearest the fire reserved for you. I shall defend it with my life until you arrive!" she announced dramatically, snapping her fan closed and laying it over her heart. She grinned again and let out a small giggle.

--------------------
Lady Elizabeth Dunford
user posted image
Tuesday's Dress: A simple empire-waisted gown in muslin with a narrow band of lace trimming the square neckline. Her short puffed sleeves are also trimmed in lace. Over her shoulders is a patterned silk shawl. She carries a straw bonnet trimmed in small blue flowers.
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 12:53 PM

Lady Imogen

"If the weather is anything like it was today, I expect your valour will be sadly unnecessary, and the seat nearest the fire will be the only one that no-one wants," Imogen chuckled at the dramatic gesture. "But thank you, and I shall add that to my arsenal of arguments if Mama tries to fuss!"

There was no time for further fun, though, as a gentleman was advancing on the pair with purpose. "I do believe this may be your next partner come to claim you, Lizzie," she sighed. "But I shall look forward to tea and the opportunity to talk without interruption."

--------------------
Imogen's Profile
Elizabeth Dunford (Liz)
Posted: Mar 19 2010, 05:10 AM

Lady Elizabeth Dunford

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

Lizzie glanced up at the hulking man approaching the two ladies and nodded in confirmation of her friend's words. "Oh, yes, me as well," she said with a smile before looking again toward the gentleman. "That's the Earl of Bridgeton, Lady Julianne's brother." She wrinkled her nose before giving a delicate shrug. "The earl himself's not such a bad sort, but I'm afraid the thought of a possible connection to her completely precludes any sort of affection I might feel for him, or any of her other brothers!" She sighed before brightening again. "Though none of that means I can't have a perfectly lovely dance with him. I've heard that he's a surprisingly nimble dancer, which I can certainly appreciate, having danced with Mr. Hopkins-Lawrence at Almack's." She winced, the pain from her crushed foot still very clear in her mind. She wondered if he was in attendance (she rather doubted it, considering present circumstances!) but was prevented from asking Imogen by the earl's arrival.

"Lady Elizabeth," he said, with a bow at both girls. "I believe I've the next dance?" He offered her his arm expectantly. He was much taller than he had looked coming across the dance floor and was unfashionably large, though Lizzie didn't think he was particularly fat. No, he just seemed to be the sort who had very large muscles. In fact, he rather reminded her of the dancing bear she'd seen once as a child. A dancing bear in a ballroom. She had to stifle a laugh, instead glancing at Imogen. "Until tomorrow, Imogen?" she asked, laying her hand upon the earl's.

--------------------
Lady Elizabeth Dunford
user posted image
Tuesday's Dress: A simple empire-waisted gown in muslin with a narrow band of lace trimming the square neckline. Her short puffed sleeves are also trimmed in lace. Over her shoulders is a patterned silk shawl. She carries a straw bonnet trimmed in small blue flowers.
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Mar 20 2010, 06:26 PM

Lady Imogen

(OOC This is done now, can be closed)

--------------------
Imogen's Profile
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Locked

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1088 seconds | Archive