Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The London Life: An English Regency RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Board Has MOVED! Please join us at our new domain: thelondonliferpg.com

WELCOME

NAVIGATION

CALENDAR

STAFF

OF THE MOMENT

LINKS

CREDITS

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Get Crafty!
Victor Kincaide (Emily)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 02:23 AM

Tradesman

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

Share your crafts, show what you make, or what you want to make!

I just saw this super-cool tutorial on how to make a mummified fairy. The end result is creepily awesome.

--------------------
Viscount Hawksley
user posted image user posted image user posted image
I know that I'm a prisoner to all my father held so dear;
I know that I'm a hostage to all his hopes and fears...
Clarence Haworth (Shar)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 02:42 AM

Gentry

Member No.: 12

I want to make a child-size apron for my sous-chef, only I don't have enough of the fabric from my apron left and I really wanted them to match... *pouts* I suppose I could make a whole new set of them. I will make /two/ child-size versions, so I don't have this same problem in another couple of years!

The mummified fairy looks quite good, except for the wings. They're far too fragile to survive the mummification process!
Juliet Landon (Izzie)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 04:27 AM

Lady Juliet Landon

Member No.: 141

Okay, so, I don't like to brag, but I am fairly handy in the kitchen. I loooove to cook and to bake (just not so much with the cleaning up afterwards), and I found the cutest things that look so easy to make and are absolutely adorable.

I give you....Mummy Cupcakes!

user posted image

user posted image

I'm totally making these when I go home for Halloween. That and roasted pumpkin seeds. Yummmmmm.

--------------------

Bring it, Grafton
user posted image
Thank you Lin!
What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun.
During the day, Juliet is dressed in a simple dusty rose dress with puffed sleeves and a ruby red sash.
In the evening, she is dressed in a pale purple evening gown with a white underskirt, paired with an amethyst and rose gold necklace

Victor Kincaide (Emily)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 04:31 AM

Tradesman

D'awwww! Those are fantastic!

I made a super autumn vegetable soup last week. Ate the last of it for lunch today, alas.

--------------------
Viscount Hawksley
Juliet Landon (Izzie)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 04:36 AM

Lady Juliet Landon

Member No.: 141

Mmmm, I made Butternut Apple Harvest Soup a couple weeks ago. It was yummmmy. I'm still working on perfecting my apple cinnamon french toast...for some reason my oven doesn't like cooking it...

--------------------

Bring it, Grafton
user posted image
Thank you Lin!
What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun.
During the day, Juliet is dressed in a simple dusty rose dress with puffed sleeves and a ruby red sash.
In the evening, she is dressed in a pale purple evening gown with a white underskirt, paired with an amethyst and rose gold necklace

Benedict DeLancey (Betsy)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 04:56 AM

Commoner

Member No.: 260

OMG that is so cute Iz!

Do not ask, seriously...I will start pulling out pictures of all my knitted and sewn crap and you really don't want to have to go through that...

*resists!*

--------------------
Victor Kincaide (Emily)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 05:03 AM

Tradesman

I'm crocheting a scarf and it started out fine, but now I'm not sure what's going on with it, but it has me worried.

--------------------
Viscount Hawksley
Georgiana Haworth (Vikki)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 07:00 AM

Lady Louth

Member No.: 15

I love cooking and baking. I won't even get started on that. Besides, it's probably dwarfed by Shar's ability to make practically everything under the sun from scratch tongue.gif

I AM currently looking for new needlepoint projects though. My hoops got put away for a long while when I was doing my MA and then this last year when I just had no time at all. But now I have time... I want to get started again. Any suggestions? Cross-stitch and embroidery preferably. I can do tapestry and latch-hooking and all the rest, but they bore me a little and because usually they're more chunky, the result doesn't come out as nice looking. I might at some point upload a pic of the sepia-toned sleeping tabby I did for my sister (who has a sleepy tabby smile.gif ). If I can find it.

ETA - also, I have a copy of the wartime "Make Do And Mend" advice pamphlet that I picked up when I went to Bletchley. If anyone ever is interested in exceprts from it, I'm happy to copy out. History and domestic crafts all in one... wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Georgiana's Profile
For the evening, Georgiana wears a celadon green silk gown with cream trim
Clarence Haworth (Shar)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 12:14 PM

Gentry

Member No.: 12

Aww, Vikki.... you're way too sweet.

Practically anything, eh? That sounds like a challenge to get out a baking book and start looking into making puff pastry. :-D Not that I haven't been tempted for years...

If cooking counts as a craft... this weekend I plan on

Friday night:
Bread 'n spreads (usually storebought hummus and homemade garlic spread)
Potato-carrot soup with white beans and alphabet noodles
Stuffed flounder (because I just couldn't get enough of it at the dinner party last week)
Zucchini sticks (weekly experimental recipe)
Edamame salad with radishes and corn
... and I haven't decided on a dessert yet.

Saturday lunch:
Bread 'n spreads
Chulent (slow cooked bean stew)
Potato kugel
Edamame salad
...and /still/ haven't decided on dessert. There might be chocolate pudding involved, only the last bar of chocolate I got was really low quality, and that reflected in the pudding. :-\

If I wind up with lots of time and energy I might make lentil pastries, my son's been begging for them since we finished the last of the ones I made for the recent holiday.
Victor Kincaide (Emily)
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 03:42 PM

Tradesman

Hot damn in a pastry crust.

Can I come live at your house? wub.gif

--------------------
Viscount Hawksley
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1395 seconds | Archive