Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The London Life: An English Regency RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Board Has MOVED! Please join us at our new domain: thelondonliferpg.com

WELCOME

NAVIGATION

CALENDAR

STAFF

OF THE MOMENT

LINKS

CREDITS

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Locked

St. George's: "Music and Merit", 4/14; am: Harriet, Imogen, Lizzie, Elean
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 04:44 PM

Lady Imogen

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

Imogen nodded, confirming that the lady Lizzie subtly pointed out was indeed Harriet. The flow of people brought them closer still, and she smiled in greeting.

"Miss Fforde; a happy Easter to you. Did you enjoy the service?" She waited for the other lady to reply before adding, "May I introduce Lady Elizabeth Dunford, sister to the Duke of Claitonborough; and Miss Clare, the daughter of a friend of mine from Bath?" Unfortunately she was at a bit of a loss as to what further information to give her two companions about their new acquaintance, as she knew very little herself. She did know that she liked Adam Lane's novels and played very well, but she had not one minute ago told Eleanor and Lizzie that she was musical, and 'Miss Fforde likes novels' seemed destined to win an award for the most inane introduction ever.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image
Imogen's Profile
For the evening, Imogen wears an ivory gown with forest green sash and shawl
Harriet Fforde (Shar)
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 03:33 AM

Tradesman

Member No.: 16

Harriet smiled happily as she joined the younger women, pleased to have finished her conversations of duty.
"It was lovely," she said. "Even if it was a bit long!" she added in a lower voice, chuckling lightly. Surely she could trust Lady Imogen and her friends not to betray her impatience at so very extended a service! "How do you do, Lady Elizabeth, Miss Clare," she said when introduced, dropping a lighthearted curtsey to each. Was either of them a potential student, she wondered. If she had to teach, she imagined that Lady Imogen's friends would be less objectionable than some.
Eleanor Clare (Rose)
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 11:19 AM

Miss Clare

Member No.: 81

((OOC: Henry thinks "Miss Fforde likes novels" is a perfectly acceptable form of introduction.))

Eleanor curtsied to Miss Fforde on the introduction. She was very pretty but a little glib. Eleanor could not quite like her comment on the church service. Eleanor herself had found it rather short. Certainly too short to properly compose her mind as it should have been for worship.

"How do you do, Miss Ffrode," she replied agreeably enough, however. If Lady Imogen was friends with her, then she must be pleasant.

--------------------
"We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be."
Eleanor's profile
Elizabeth Dunford (Liz)
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 06:07 PM

Lady Elizabeth Dunford

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

Lizzie nodded gracefully, taking in the blonde. "Miss Fforde, it's lovely to meet you." And it was. Lizzie was always curious to meet the ladies in whom her brother showed interest, no matter how mild. Miss Fforde was very pretty, Lizzie decided. In fact, if she had thought about it, she would have noted that their coloring was very similar - the same golden hair and light eyes, the same long, slim figures. She had heard that people tended to gravitate towards people that resembled themselves or their family. Perhaps that explained Tony's interest? "If you will forgive my boldness, I believe you have met my brother, the Duke of Claitonborough? At Almack's last Wednesday?"

--------------------
Lady Elizabeth Dunford
user posted image
Tuesday's Dress: A simple empire-waisted gown in muslin with a narrow band of lace trimming the square neckline. Her short puffed sleeves are also trimmed in lace. Over her shoulders is a patterned silk shawl. She carries a straw bonnet trimmed in small blue flowers.
Harriet Fforde (Shar)
Posted: Aug 26 2009, 01:50 AM

Tradesman

"I did have that honor, yes," Harriet agreed. "Your brother is a true gentleman--I am sure you must be proud of him!" The other girl, she realized now, was one of those who'd been sitting at the Duke's pew during the service, and she avoided staring at her while trying to think of what could have brought them to share a pew with the Duke. Ought she to cut her losses and give up, assume the other woman was no competition and continue on, or fight for the Duke's attention?
"An excellent dancer as well. It is so lovely to find a gentleman who can dance and admits it, rather than being so gruff and difficult that one must think it a great victory to get them into a set!"
Eleanor Clare (Rose)
Posted: Aug 29 2009, 10:42 AM

Miss Clare

Member No.: 81

Eleanor could not help feeling some wistfulness at Miss Fforde's enthusiastic description of the Duke's dancing skill. She had never danced with a man before and was almost certain she should be too terrified to get through the dance, but she had enjoyed the lessons at school, and had never had any difficulty with the steps. If only she were not afraid of failing so much, she would very much like to attend a private ball and maybe dance once. And if the partner were such as the Duke! Not that such lofty aristocrat would ask a daughter of the gentry to dance. She should not expect so much! But she could not help looking towards the door and noticed her step-mother coming towards them.

--------------------
"We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be."
Eleanor's profile
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 12:54 PM

Lady Imogen

Imogen also couldn't comment on the Duke's dancing skills, since she had not been able to bring herself to take Lizzie's place dancing with him on Wednesday. She contented herself with smiling as the others appeared to get on quite well enough - until Miss Clare's motion caught her eye and she looked up to see Selina approaching.

"Oh dear, I fear we've been keeping you far too long Miss Clare. I should apologise to your step-mother. But I trust we will see you again in a short while at the park?"

--------------------
Imogen's Profile
Elizabeth Dunford (Liz)
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 01:43 PM

Lady Elizabeth Dunford

Group: Admin
Member No.: 36

"Oh, Imogen! You're coming to the park?" Lizzie interrupted, happy to hear that she would have more time to spend with her friend. "What wonderful news!" She had rather thought that Lady Rathbone wouldn't have allowed it; too much sun and noise and all that rubbish. Personally, she thought Imogen looked the picture of health today, especially when one considered the routine of standing, kneeling, and gesturing the church service required, which must have been tiring to Imogen. "I believe my brother will invite Mrs. Clare and Miss Clare to join us in the park, if he has not already. Do say you'll visit us as well! And you, Miss Fforde, provided you've not already agreed to join someone else's party." She smiled to the group, so excited to be back in London and making new friends that she barely noticed Mrs. Clare's approach.

--------------------
Lady Elizabeth Dunford
user posted image
Tuesday's Dress: A simple empire-waisted gown in muslin with a narrow band of lace trimming the square neckline. Her short puffed sleeves are also trimmed in lace. Over her shoulders is a patterned silk shawl. She carries a straw bonnet trimmed in small blue flowers.
Imogen Rathbone (Vikki)
Posted: Sep 4 2009, 01:33 PM

Lady Imogen

"I am; the doctor says I should spend as much time in the open air as possible, if it is dry. Mama's maid was set yesterday to searching our house for the biggest parasol she could find, just in case it should turn out to be too hot." The hunt had turned up two silk shades and one enormous paper creation decorated with chinoiserie. She couldn't imagine where it had come from, but it was big enough for her to sit under without fear of anyone having to fuss about shade. "And I can't imagine anything more charming than joining you, your family and the Clares."

--------------------
Imogen's Profile
Harriet Fforde (Shar)
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 02:47 AM

Tradesman

"Why, that would be lovely, Lady Elizabeth," Harriet said, in some surprised that an invitation was so quickly forthcoming. This would also give her a chance to judge whether this Mrs. Clare was true competition. The Mrs. before her name suggested that she was not. Surelyno duke would wish to take a Mrs. to wife? "My hostess has offered an invitation, but I am sure she did so out of obligation rather than desire--she sees me quite enough at home, I am sure! She will have a more pleasant time with her friends. I will be certain to ask her."
Another afternoon in company with the aged ladies who were her hostess's friends was decidedly to be avoided. Harriet herself preferred a certain liveliness. A restrained liveliness, of course, appropriate to Lady Imogen's situation. Poor thing, to be worrying about doctor's orders, and parasols, and such, on a beautiful day, a harbinger of summer.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Locked

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1457 seconds | Archive