Welcome to Royal Dublin Fusiliers Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Search/information ref Service History, Fusilier Joseph Carr
meat998s
Posted: May 1 2012, 07:57 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,131

My granddad fought in 'Gallipoli', and it is believed he had his 16 birthday on one of the beaches. I think from what I have managed to find it was 'X' beach? He went on to fight in and around ‘The black Sea’ and some other areas of ‘Russia’, apparently. He was gassed in the trenches at some point during 'The Dubs' time in 'The Great War'. I have 'The Kings’, (George), citation for the disbandment of 'The Royal Dublin Fusiliers'. They were then amalgamated in to 'The Irish Guards'.

I'd really like to find out more if this is possible. I have some other information about my granddad as he continued his career after the first world war at 'Bletchley Park' and after the war for the British Government.

If anybody can shed any more light on his career it would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. I'm very keen to find out more about what he did, I can only remember the stories he used to tell me as a kid. His stories did greatly influence me later on in life!

Thanks,

Pete Leahy.
Mikey
Posted: May 6 2013, 10:43 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,496

Email sent...
« Next Oldest | General Queries | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2801 seconds | Archive