Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info
Older topics
Here you can access all topics posted from May 12th 2005 to Apr 9th 2006 (In read only mode).
1126 15694 9 Apr, 2006, 11:06
In: Last Post[GAME]Learn how to count to...
By: DJ Omnimaga

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post ) post

The Game
trevmeister66
Posted: 12 Feb, 2007, 17:36

Post whore

Group: Members
Member No.: 290

oh i c, that's good. Hmm.. well no more questions right now, got to get back to evil level making mode rainbowdevil.gif

--------------------
~~~~~~~Project Status~~~~~~~
Age of War > .1% < Retransfering Sprites
Baseball > 2% < Menu's

Learning ASM > 10% < Started first game, and have no idea what I'm doing confused.gif

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Super Speler
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 13:38

Post whore

Group: Coders Of Tomorrow
Member No.: 95

Ok, now, what requests do you have for engine support (to those who tried it out) so that your level's can be pwnsome.

--------------------
[color=red]Currently conquering the world. In Phase 1.
List of members of private army:[/color]
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[color=red]If you wish to join PM me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Zeromus
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 14:04

Gardeblarblar

Member No.: 37

No offense, but the game was not fun. The physics seemed jumpy and too overdone, not smooth. The game lagged when the water or lava did it's thing, and i found my character wasn't going where I wanted him to most of the time ><

--------------------
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]
>+++.<.>>---.++++++++++++.--------->.<<------.+.+++
++.>>++.<<--.>---.++++++++++++.--------.++++++++++++++.
[IMG]http://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/omniexstaffbar.png[/IMG]
[URL=http://www.unitedti.org][IMG]http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/1936/powerrunnerbar3ma.png[/IMG][/URL]
BASIC flames are for n00bs, you don't want to be a n00b do you?
[IMG]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,omnimaga,grey,blue.png[/IMG]
Super Speler
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:00

Post whore

Zeromus, thanks for the advice. I'll work on making the phisics smoother. Also, should I get rid of the animated water? Oh and by the way, what did you play it on?

--------------------
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Floodkiller
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:37

Member No.: 275

1. I think that the animated water should probably go. That way more speed can go into player movement and physics. Besides, I understand it enough if it is just a black area, it means don't fall in biggrin.gif.

2. The level crafter for me was very finicky (is that how you spell it?), so I think I'll wait for a finished version of it (delete key please). Also, it overwrote lines alot when entering objects, so that was kinda sad as well when I spent over 10 minutes on a screen, only to have one thing screw up and the entire level going bad. finally, pillars are screwy when moving them up and down past their creation origin, and when i tested a level, it didn't overwrite any misprinted info.

3. Maybe a victory screen at the end of a level so that you know you beat it instead of falling in acid/lava/water at the end biggrin.gif.

Also also, I run a TI-84+SE and the movement was ok with me, but could be faster.

--------------------
Main Projects:
QuestRPG II: The Unknown: 2%

Side Projects:
Zombie Attack (Revised Edition): 5%
xLIBSweeper (1.1): 10%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
trevmeister66
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:51

Post whore

Member No.: 290

yeah, i have to agree with flood on some of that. The pillar creation was not very good, although it can probably be fixed. Since this is a very early version of the lvl editor, i'm thinkg it can be fixed a bunch (the lvl-editor), so i'm not going to complain. I'll let you do what you want to do.
All-in-all, i think this is very good, and once you figure out how things work, it becomes a lot easier.

--------------------
~~~~~~~Project Status~~~~~~~
Age of War > .1% < Retransfering Sprites
Baseball > 2% < Menu's

Learning ASM > 10% < Started first game, and have no idea what I'm doing confused.gif

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Super Speler
Posted: 18 Feb, 2007, 12:04

Post whore

Game on hold for several other projects (i.e. learn java, create on computer T.I. graphics/tile/map design, write platformer).

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

dinhotheone
Posted: 25 Feb, 2007, 11:50

Extreme Poster

Member No.: 236

i know its on hold but...in the new version whever i touch the top of the screen not the right wall, i goto the next level. Just wanted to bring that to your attention for when you get back to it.

--------------------
Soccer is life
domination of omnimaga, click below
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8868/dominationrc5.gif
Super Speler
Posted: 22 Jun, 2007, 20:59

Post whore

Umm... I tried looking at the source code in an attempt to come from behind with a surprise finish of The Game but failed at understanding the game engine...

I'm gonna pick this up again once I finish Pirate RPG though, promise.

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  post

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1297 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.