Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info
Older topics
Here you can access all topics posted from May 12th 2005 to Apr 9th 2006 (In read only mode).
1126 15694 9 Apr, 2006, 11:06
In: Last Post[GAME]Learn how to count to...
By: DJ Omnimaga

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post ) post

The Game
trevmeister66
Posted: 12 Feb, 2007, 17:36

Post whore

Group: Members
Member No.: 290

oh i c, that's good. Hmm.. well no more questions right now, got to get back to evil level making mode rainbowdevil.gif

--------------------
~~~~~~~Project Status~~~~~~~
Age of War > .1% < Retransfering Sprites
Baseball > 2% < Menu's

Learning ASM > 10% < Started first game, and have no idea what I'm doing confused.gif

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Super Speler
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 13:38

Post whore

Group: Coders Of Tomorrow
Member No.: 95

Ok, now, what requests do you have for engine support (to those who tried it out) so that your level's can be pwnsome.

--------------------
[color=red]Currently conquering the world. In Phase 1.
List of members of private army:[/color]
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[color=red]If you wish to join PM me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Zeromus
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 14:04

Gardeblarblar

Member No.: 37

No offense, but the game was not fun. The physics seemed jumpy and too overdone, not smooth. The game lagged when the water or lava did it's thing, and i found my character wasn't going where I wanted him to most of the time ><

--------------------
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]
>+++.<.>>---.++++++++++++.--------->.<<------.+.+++
++.>>++.<<--.>---.++++++++++++.--------.++++++++++++++.
[IMG]http://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/omniexstaffbar.png[/IMG]
[URL=http://www.unitedti.org][IMG]http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/1936/powerrunnerbar3ma.png[/IMG][/URL]
BASIC flames are for n00bs, you don't want to be a n00b do you?
[IMG]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,omnimaga,grey,blue.png[/IMG]
Super Speler
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:00

Post whore

Zeromus, thanks for the advice. I'll work on making the phisics smoother. Also, should I get rid of the animated water? Oh and by the way, what did you play it on?

--------------------
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Floodkiller
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:37

Member No.: 275

1. I think that the animated water should probably go. That way more speed can go into player movement and physics. Besides, I understand it enough if it is just a black area, it means don't fall in biggrin.gif.

2. The level crafter for me was very finicky (is that how you spell it?), so I think I'll wait for a finished version of it (delete key please). Also, it overwrote lines alot when entering objects, so that was kinda sad as well when I spent over 10 minutes on a screen, only to have one thing screw up and the entire level going bad. finally, pillars are screwy when moving them up and down past their creation origin, and when i tested a level, it didn't overwrite any misprinted info.

3. Maybe a victory screen at the end of a level so that you know you beat it instead of falling in acid/lava/water at the end biggrin.gif.

Also also, I run a TI-84+SE and the movement was ok with me, but could be faster.

--------------------
Main Projects:
QuestRPG II: The Unknown: 2%

Side Projects:
Zombie Attack (Revised Edition): 5%
xLIBSweeper (1.1): 10%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
trevmeister66
Posted: 14 Feb, 2007, 16:51

Post whore

Member No.: 290

yeah, i have to agree with flood on some of that. The pillar creation was not very good, although it can probably be fixed. Since this is a very early version of the lvl editor, i'm thinkg it can be fixed a bunch (the lvl-editor), so i'm not going to complain. I'll let you do what you want to do.
All-in-all, i think this is very good, and once you figure out how things work, it becomes a lot easier.

--------------------
~~~~~~~Project Status~~~~~~~
Age of War > .1% < Retransfering Sprites
Baseball > 2% < Menu's

Learning ASM > 10% < Started first game, and have no idea what I'm doing confused.gif

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Super Speler
Posted: 18 Feb, 2007, 12:04

Post whore

Game on hold for several other projects (i.e. learn java, create on computer T.I. graphics/tile/map design, write platformer).

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

dinhotheone
Posted: 25 Feb, 2007, 11:50

Extreme Poster

Member No.: 236

i know its on hold but...in the new version whever i touch the top of the screen not the right wall, i goto the next level. Just wanted to bring that to your attention for when you get back to it.

--------------------
Soccer is life
domination of omnimaga, click below
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8868/dominationrc5.gif
Super Speler
Posted: 22 Jun, 2007, 20:59

Post whore

Umm... I tried looking at the source code in an attempt to come from behind with a surprise finish of The Game but failed at understanding the game engine...

I'm gonna pick this up again once I finish Pirate RPG though, promise.

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  post

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1322 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.