Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info
Older topics
Here you can access all topics posted from May 12th 2005 to Apr 9th 2006 (In read only mode).
1126 15694 9 Apr, 2006, 11:06
In: Last Post[GAME]Learn how to count to...
By: DJ Omnimaga

An intriguing idea I had, Idea, meaning I'm not actually doing it
Radical Pi
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 13:26

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

Group: Coders Of Tomorrow
Member No.: 4

This is a little bit of an interesting story, how I came up with this idea.
I was reading this topic, watching the discussion of the circle( command. Then I wondered "What kind of game could take advantage of the slowness of circle('s normal use?" I visualized a badly pixelated circle in my head, slowly being drawn on a calc screen. "What does this remind me of?" I closed my eyes to further visualize...
Suddenly it hit me. More of the scene was being drawn just as slowly. Then it got faster, and then it filled with color. And then I saw Paper Mario standing on the bottom. "That's it!"

So, wouldn't Paper Mario be a good idea for a calc game? The only things I'd really worry about are the action commands, but that's not much. Well, maybe screen size too, but that's always a problem.

What do you all think about a Paper Mario game for calc? I think it's possible, and probably a lot easier than other games with Mario in the title.

--------------------
Greetings from 2/5/2012!
The forums may be in read-only mode, but signatures aren't!
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 18:14

Ragol666

Group: Founder
Member No.: 1

that would be cool, i never seen any project of paper mario for calcs before, I would like to see one smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Join us on IRC on #omnimaga at irc://unitedti.org!
user posted image
Radical Pi
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 18:23

I've been in a Paper Mario obsession lately, just as I had been in a SMB obsession when I thought of SMASCII. So I'm not sure that if I started it the project would last longer than a week.

--------------------
Greetings from 2/5/2012!
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 18:26

Ragol666

Lol, kinda like when i started that racing game

but it would be cool to try out, Paper Mario is more of a RPG, right? I remember Papar Mario 64 had HP/MP/LV

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Radical Pi
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 19:48

From what I remember it had HP, FP (Flower Power for special attacks), Lvl, and some weird star thing. And badge points.

--------------------
Greetings from 2/5/2012!
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 20:05

Ragol666

kinda like the SNES mario rpg then

that game was so awesome ^^

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Radical Pi
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 20:09

I never got a chance to play the original Mario RPG. I keep hearing it's great though >_<

--------------------
Greetings from 2/5/2012!
Super Speler
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 20:30

Post whore

Member No.: 95

Super Mario RPG was awesome, one of my favorite games. I never played paper mario though, but I'm sure if you made a TI version it would own smile.gif.

--------------------
[color=red]Currently conquering the world. In Phase 1.
List of members of private army:[/color]
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[color=red]If you wish to join PM me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 20:59

Ragol666

Mario RPG is far away much better than paper mario. Think of paper mario as a stripped down version of mario RPG in 3D. But again, Mario RPG was made before Nintendo and Square-Enix (Squaresoft back then) went into disputes (hence why there was no final fantasy released on nintendo consoles for 6 years for a while. Mario RPG was actually made with the help of final fantasy creators, which is why its rpg side is so complete compared to paper mario

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Super Speler
Posted: 26 Jul, 2007, 21:24

Post whore

Well, anyway, tr1p1ea is actually making a seemingly RPGish mario game. There are some awesome screenshots lying around if you look (or ask him nicely tongue.gif).

This post has been edited by Super Speler on 26 Jul, 2007, 21:27

--------------------
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Radical Pi
Posted: 27 Jul, 2007, 11:46

Really? I knew he was working on a Mario game but I wasn't aware of any RPG aspects...

--------------------
Greetings from 2/5/2012!
Delnar_Ersike
Posted: 27 Jul, 2007, 14:56

Lazy, procrastinating h4xx0r of doom

Group: Members
Member No.: 283

RPGish Mario in progress by tr1p = Desolate 2?

--------------------
user posted image

Current Projects:
-Learning 83+ assembly (10%)
-Setting up calc84maniac's on-calc assembler (postponed)
-Working on a secret project (5%)

Working on...
-Learning 83+ assembly: On Day 7 in Learn ASM in 28 Days and still trying to get over my lazy streak
-Setting up the on-calc assembler: Decided it is better to code assembly on a computer
-Secret project: planning how I will make it, waiting for summer
Super Speler
Posted: 27 Jul, 2007, 16:05

Post whore

No, Desolate 2 has absolutly nothing to do with what I'm talking about, it's MARIO.

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 27 Jul, 2007, 18:54

Ragol666

true, he is making a mario rpg project, and i think he still plan to do desolate 2 someday

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options post

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4463 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.