Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info
Older topics
Here you can access all topics posted from May 12th 2005 to Apr 9th 2006 (In read only mode).
1126 15694 9 Apr, 2006, 11:06
In: Last Post[GAME]Learn how to count to...
By: DJ Omnimaga

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) post

Pirate RPG
Super Speler
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 14:36

Post whore

Group: Coders Of Tomorrow
Member No.: 95

Ok, I started outlining story and stuff for an RPG centered around pirates (which I mentioned in a different topic but never intended to start for a little while). I'm begining it now. It's going to be almost completely nonlinear in that you can do anything required to beat it in any order (except the first dungeon, which would make no sense story wise if you could save it for last).

I'm still deciding on a few things, most relevant being how will the boat system work (which is necicary to get form island to island), what do you think? Menus? Map GUI Menu? Real Time Captaining?

Checklist:
-Outline Basic Story and Maps
-Learn xLib (Heh...)
-Graphics
-Write On Land Engine
-Add Puzzle Things
-Make Basic Island-A Map.
-Make More Islands
-Items
-Weopens
-Distribute Power Ups
-Enemies and AI
-Code In Story
-Stores
-Anything Else

So far the story is simple. You are the dreaded pirate Evil Beard and you have killed many people for your gain. Your crew thinks your TOO evil (oh, by the way, the crew is made up of people who sold there souls to the devil, that's how evil Evil Beard is) and leave you to die on an island with nothing but a gun with a single shot. You vow to kill the leader of the mutiny with this shot, but first you must get off the island...

I have alot more planned out but I won't give anything else away yet.

What do you want to see?

--------------------
[color=red]Currently conquering the world. In Phase 1.
List of members of private army:[/color]
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[color=red]If you wish to join PM me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 16:47

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 324

More similarity to the Pirates of the Caribbean? Maybe you have to rope a couple sea turtles, or barter with rum traders...

--------------------
I've given up trying to sync all of my sigs at once.
Go look at my UTI Profile and make my life easier. Thnx.
graywolf
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 16:50

Extreme Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 230

You search the island and meet hostiles and make weapons out of wood, etc. that's available on the island and fight the evil (more evil than even you) island king (or monster) and finally get off the island.

There should an entire episode on trying to get off the island and then whatever you want next.
Super Speler
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 17:11

Post whore

That's only a minor part of the storyline, I have it all mapped out on paper. Anyway, anyone have a good starting place for reading up on xLib?

--------------------
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 17:54

Ultimate Member

I don't memorize all the arguments willingly. I just get used to them. Generally, I keep a hard copy of the readme with me, and that suffices.

--------------------
Super Speler
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 18:51

Post whore

Ok, thanks, I'll start with the read me smile.gif

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Delnar_Ersike
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 20:49

Lazy, procrastinating h4xx0r of doom

Member No.: 283

Maybe have the main character disguise himself/herself as an experienced captain after getting off the island. Once he does, he gains fame and wealth, until he receives a task from a local duke to eliminate a pirate captain that has a whole fleet of ships...the same exact person who led he mutiny against you!

--------------------
user posted image

Current Projects:
-Learning 83+ assembly (10%)
-Setting up calc84maniac's on-calc assembler (postponed)
-Working on a secret project (5%)

Working on...
-Learning 83+ assembly: On Day 7 in Learn ASM in 28 Days and still trying to get over my lazy streak
-Setting up the on-calc assembler: Decided it is better to code assembly on a computer
-Secret project: planning how I will make it, waiting for summer
Super Speler
Posted: 11 May, 2007, 20:52

Post whore

Like I said, I already have the entire story mapped out smile.gif and he is an experienced pirate. Anyway, anyone have any 8x8 pirate sprites?

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Super Speler
Posted: 15 May, 2007, 21:49

Post whore

Sorry for double post, however:

After several anoying things happening I've decided to make this game pure basic. It will still be graphical however, and display stuff fast (anyone who knows me knows I hate pure basic games with long load times). I have an idea for map output, if it works I'll use it. If at the end of the week I can't get anything done in Pure Basic, I'll switch back to xLib.

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Harrierfalcon
Posted: 15 May, 2007, 22:40

Ultimate Member

Go Super Speler-powered Pure Basic!!!!

Yarr har fiddle dee dee
Being a pirate is alright to be
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate!

--------------------
Super Speler
Posted: 16 May, 2007, 14:15

Post whore

Yayz! Heh, I got everything working again in class today, I'm going back to xLib. By the way, he's no longer just a pirate... he's a NINJA PIRATE (I couldn't make any good pirate sprites ninja.gif). Anyway, I need some sprites, specifically: water (maybe animated, but not for now), two different 16x8 trees and one 16x16 tree.

Of course, with him now being a ninja pirate I have planned out a few really awsome cutscenes.

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

graywolf
Posted: 16 May, 2007, 16:50

Extreme Poster

Member No.: 230

And ninja moves too, right? biggrin.gif
Super Speler
Posted: 16 May, 2007, 17:32

Post whore

Of course ninja moves... I'm begining to form a serious storyline about why he's a ninja... it's pretty good. It involves being banished from his ninja town for being greedy (perfect for pirates and ninjas!).

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

dinhotheone
Posted: 16 May, 2007, 19:44

Extreme Poster

Member No.: 236

is he being banished from his ninja town because he was illegally downloading music smile.gif is my prediction correct? is that the "greed"
jk ya xlib isnt truly that tough to use, i "learned" it in about 2 days so im sure you can improve on my time. my method was just to build a basic program where you are a guy who can walk around on a tile map with collisions, walking animations, 4 directions, and a scrolling map, and also masked the little walking guy. it might seem overwhelming if you try to impllement xlib correctly into a major game as your "first trial" but then again perhaps thats the reason why your a coder of tomorrow and im only of today.

ps. the only thing more awesome than a ninja is a ninja-pirate, you struck gold right there

--------------------
Soccer is life
domination of omnimaga, click below
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8868/dominationrc5.gif
Super Speler
Posted: 16 May, 2007, 19:53

Post whore

Not much but I decided to take a screenshot (note: I made pirate (all angles) and grass but not the tree, that was tr1p1ea).
user posted image

--------------------

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  post

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1475 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.