Home | News | Downloads | Projects | Articles | Awards | Forums | Chat | Guestbook | About | Arcade
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info
Older topics
Here you can access all topics posted from May 12th 2005 to Apr 9th 2006 (In read only mode).
1126 15694 9 Apr, 2006, 11:06
In: Last Post[GAME]Learn how to count to...
By: DJ Omnimaga

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post ) post

Metroid Pi, Yes, 3.141592654...
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 29 Jun, 2007, 22:59

Ultimate Member

Group: Coders Of Tomorrow
Member No.: 324

I am 99% finished. I haven't changed it in my sig yet, because I'm lazy.

And, if you haven't heard, it's gotten a huge kick in the pants speedwise. I decided that having the powerup interaction within the main loop was giving the parser another huge load to handle, so I ripped it into a subprogram, and now it is noticeably faster tongue.gif. (Sorry, Delnar confused.gif)

Third boss is finished, you have to stand in the beam to shoot him, not just charge up. But, he has 2 attacks. One, he drops stuff on your head (if you're standing on the ground) and two, he randomly gives off large amounts of dark matter, hurting you if you're near him. Thankfully, he only takes 5 hits.

Only 99%, because I have yet to see if ~1900 extra bytes can be used and it won't get ERR:MEMORY, to see if I can add in my extra feature. It's gotten very memory intensive, but I've added 3 scrolling graphscreen cinematics and several huge blocks of text, used for storyline and explaining powerups.

All in all, Metroid Pi is an excellent game so far (like everyone's said, thank you smile.gif), with many, many, many nuances and animations that make it so.

Even the wordwrapping routine that I stole (Oops, did I say that? tongue.gif j/k) I have modified to display a little cursor as it's typing stuff out, character for character. It's very cool.

Oh...I was wondering, is it copyright infringement if I use the name "Samus Aran"? Because other games use Link, Zelda, Mario, and seriously, nothing has happened to them. I don't want to get in a court case, so I think I'll just note Nintendo holds the copyright for character.

You can expect me to release this tomorrow, before I go to bed (usually from 10:00 to 2:00). biggrin.gif

(It's about time tongue.gif)

--------------------
I've given up trying to sync all of my sigs at once.
Go look at my UTI Profile and make my life easier. Thnx.
Super Speler
Posted: 29 Jun, 2007, 23:13

Post whore

Member No.: 95

Awesome, can't wait to play it.

--------------------
[color=red]Currently conquering the world. In Phase 1.
List of members of private army:[/color]
SilverCalcKnight, TD-Linux, Kuro, Cure, Weregoose, Lolbbq, elfprince13, leofox, Brazucs, +ZERO+, Radical Pi, shadow, bananaman, trigkid213, netham45, Full-Metal-Randomist, myfavcolorchanges, Fallen Ghost, trevmeister66, lolje, Harrierfalcon, clementop, blm22, Mexi1010, baorder54, Bking0, frenchcalc1, TheStorm, jimbauwens, Sting::Ray, IAmACalculator, MechaTech84, Groene07, Angel14995, Xphoenix, lordofthegeeks, tama and...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[color=red]If you wish to join PM me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Ad on omnimaga]Ti 83 Game Programming: Move your career forward with an accredited online degree![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Netham45]It isn't really a problem, but it kind of scares me when people randomly quote me, like they are stalking me.[/QUOTE]
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 1 Jul, 2007, 0:37

Ultimate Member

You don't have to wait anymore smile.gif.

user posted image
Teh_Deliciousness is here biggrin.gif!

Or the public testers version, anyways. It has not been released to any archives yet, because I'm sure I missed something.

But anyways, get it from here, or stare in awe at the screenie smile.gif.
user posted image

--------------------
kalan_vod
Posted: 17 Jul, 2007, 23:35

Super mega post whore of the doom

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

This looks really good, and it is quite a bit faster. I am glad that someone made use of the quickness of overlapping chars, in a big game. I did tinker with Metroid before, and I had a version of mapping identical to this (not same chars overlapping). The landing of the ship looked very well put! Can not wait for the final or initial release!
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 18 Jul, 2007, 1:20

Ragol666

Group: Founder
Member No.: 1

I must try this asap! shocked2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Join us on IRC on #omnimaga at irc://unitedti.org!
user posted image
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 18 Jul, 2007, 6:35

Ultimate Member

Thanks guys! smile.gif The landing sequence was one of the few parts that needed me to jot stuff down, so I'm glad it's appreciated biggrin.gif.

And I *think* that's the final release...

FYI, pressing [STO→] at any of the spots where it's typing text will skip that chunk of text.

--------------------
kalan_vod
Posted: 18 Jul, 2007, 12:07

Thanks for the tid bit, and I really like your text engine (it is really smooth and a nice effect).
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 18 Jul, 2007, 20:03

Ultimate Member

Thanks! I decided it need a storyline, but I think I overdid the starting text... smiley.gif

--------------------
kalan_vod
Posted: 18 Jul, 2007, 23:11

Judging by the SS, the opening text is long...But, there are few games with good dialog such as yours!
Delnar_Ersike
Posted: 19 Jul, 2007, 3:20

Lazy, procrastinating h4xx0r of doom

Member No.: 283

Harrier, don't forget to update the screenie in your signature. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Current Projects:
-Learning 83+ assembly (10%)
-Setting up calc84maniac's on-calc assembler (postponed)
-Working on a secret project (5%)

Working on...
-Learning 83+ assembly: On Day 7 in Learn ASM in 28 Days and still trying to get over my lazy streak
-Setting up the on-calc assembler: Decided it is better to code assembly on a computer
-Secret project: planning how I will make it, waiting for summer
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 22 Jul, 2007, 22:58

Ragol666

That game is awesome! I just tried it, great job on this! I wish I could do that kind of stuff without asm libs sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 2 Sep, 2007, 8:58

Ragol666

When upgrouping, my TI-83+SE freaked out badly shocked2.gif

user posted image

EDIT: I got able to ungroup it on the PC then send the individual files to my calc, awesome game btw, I never thought someone could make metroid run that fast on a calc. How did you managed to make it run that fast? blink.gif The game is hard though smiley.gif

Oh and I also got an error syntax when dying around lines:

For(F,0,47,2
Vertical F
Vertical 94-F
End
rand(e2)
Clrhome
getKey
"" <-This was the line with error, maybe your program got corrupted?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 3 Sep, 2007, 8:29

Ultimate Member

Prog prolly got corrupted somewhere, go download it at the UTI download section, nobody's complained about that version.

It's not all that hard, most bosses have a trick you can easily beat them with. And, I'm working on 'Metroid Pi2', which may or may not yet be named as such, since does use ASM progs. But only 2, and both are for reading from archived progs. And can be used for dynamic subroutines biggrin.gif. Meaning that, if I do this right, not only will this Metroid be longer, it'll be faster. Some features I'm looking at as of now:
  • Different interchangeable beams--!
  • Instead of regular-to-infinite jumping powerups, maybe regular-to-high-to-infinite.
  • Morph ball? (Prolly no bombs though)

--------------------
DJ Omnimaga
Posted: 3 Sep, 2007, 10:49

Ragol666

I would like in the next game that it is a bit longer though. Because in the current game I got the 2nd weapon in about 5 minutes, this had me worried that I almost finished the game since unless there is lot of other items in the game besides the 3rd one

Since you don't like huge games like Metroid II I would say make it a bit longer, but with moderation, unless you really want to make it longer than Metroid II, but then it will run as slow because of the amount of programs in the VAT (*cough*I need to implement Celtic II*cough*)

that said, great work again, I am getting better at the game now, there is something I like about it that Metroid II missed: when you jump, you can immediately shoot afterward, which made myself get an easier time with the first boss

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Harrierfalcon
Posted: 3 Sep, 2007, 15:09

Ultimate Member

Ahh...thanks to Celtic2's ability to read from archive, if my next Metroid is called "Metroid Pi2", then it will be MUCH longer.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  post

TI-Freakware's TI Ring
TI-Freakware's TI Ring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.8388 seconds | Archive

Skin by xlibman and Jc
All programs and games are property of their respective owners.