InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Metroid: Net Mission. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

General Roleplaying Rules & Information, The Guidelines
Hexit
  Posted: Jun 15 2007, 03:44 PM

MIDI Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admodistrator
Member No.: 34

Let me introduce you to the new board on the MNM Forums; The Role-Playing Board.

For those of you who are not familiar with the concept of RPing, I shall quickly explain it. Essentially it is the act of using characters of your creation in a story-like game with other players for a sense of enjoyment. Think of your childhood when you pretended to be superheroes and add a fair amount of modern maturity to it, and you generally get the idea.

So, let me lay down the rules and guidlines you should (and will) follow when RPing;

1 ) All RP games will be "guided" (an overseer to ensure that any of thier rules for the game, etc, are beign followed) by one specific forumite, usually the creator of the RP. The "RP Leader" is responsible for guiding and controlling the RP game, and will act as a liason with the Admins & Mods if intervention is required to stop flaming, fights and other contravening of Forum Rules.

2 ) If RP's fail to uphold Forum Policies, they will be locked and will remained locked depending on the severity of the incident(s), with punishments varying from RP locking for 2 days to deletion.

3 ) If an RP is to use coarse language, and other mature material that may offend other forumites, the RP Leader must ensure that;

a ) The RP main posting topic is labelled "Mature RP" in the Topic's Description.
b ) Any offensive language in any post has most major letters asterisked out.
c ) No possible offensive terminology or descriptions are used.
d ) Any images used do not contravene Forum Rules,
e ) All participants understand and agree follow rules 3b, 3c and 3d, and that failure will result in appropriate punishment by the Moderating Team.

4 ) It is advised that RP's have two main topics; "RP Posting Topic" and a "RP Discussion" topic where in-character and out-of-character interaction will occur (respectively). These topics should be clearly titled so particpants do not get confused.

5 ) RP Leaders make the rules/stories/sign-up systems for the RPs, not the moderators. Any questions and queries should be sent to the RP Leader, not the Moderating Team.

6 ) If participants or RP Leaders fail to uphold the RP Board Rules, appropriate punishment will be given. Failure to comply with these rules on more than 3 occassions will result in the user recieving a permanant ban from entering the RP board.

7 ) Be civil and respectful to your fellow RPer. Also, do not use extreme "character control" (the act of using another players character in an extreme way without the permission of the characters creator). Slight character control is allowed, but it is advised that if you need to use another person character in a certain way that you PM the participant and wait for the permission to be given.

8 ) RP Leaders cannot have more than 2 RP games active at once. Failure to comply will result in all of thier RPs to be locked.

9 ) The Moderating Team's word is final. There is no room for discussion if punishments are used.

10 ) The RP Leaders word is final within thier own games. It should be noted that RP Leaders are expected to treat others how they'd like to be treated (i.e. be respectful, fair and vigilant).

11 ) "Rogue RP Leaders" (RP Leaders who disobey thier own rules) will be permantly banned from the RP Boards.

12 ) Have fun! RPing is meant to be a creative and enjoyable thing! biggrin.gif

And to let you know, I will be keeping a good eye on these topics in here. I will be the primary moderator for the board.

Anyway; those are the rules. Use them, or suffer the consequences. Any queries involving them, PM me.

Hopefully we will have a couple of RPs being set up soon (I know a certain set of SCU RPing forumites will be descending on the forums in a few days).

= LOCKED =

--------------------
user posted image

HexitMediaLabs Music Composition & Digital Art

MNM Forum Moderator. Fear me.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1282 seconds | Archive

Affiliates: