Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to lock, modify, and delete posts at their discretion. We always explain reasons for locking a topic anyway, and every effort is made to be fair and rule-conscious while making any moderations.
If you what are entirely unsure as to what we deem as acceptable after reading these rules, ASK! PM an Administrator or Moderator BEFORE posting! Failure to ask about something's suitability is your fault, not ours.
1. Everybody has opinions; these can range from opinions on Metroid games or events around the world. While everyone here is perfectly entitled to their own opinions, should the opinion be deemed unsuitable (could start an argument etc) then it will be removed. If you see something you donít like in a topic, then simply IGNORE it and donít reply. If we see people trolling or intentionally starting verbal and abusive fights we WILL take immediate action. You can be rest assured of that.
Be polite when discussing things, also. Not necessarily Virgin Mary polite, but certainly taking consideration for other users. As stated, if you post something rude or flammatory in a topic you are CLEARLY in breach of the rules of this forum. You cannot say you were not warned, as, well, we won't even buy that poor attempt at an excuse.
2. Use common sense when writing your posts; avoid content that will get you into trouble. Just because you donít find something offensive does not mean that someone else wonít. We accept mature discussions fully, but if you even wonder if an Administrator or Moderator would question what you want to say, chances are youíd be best to leave it out.
Behaviour that will get you into trouble includes, but is not limited to; blatantly insulting someone (flaming); trying to start an argument with someone (trolling); vulgar and sexually explicit language; hard to read posts (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation, 1337 speak, and so on).
3. Donít start slapping the old post button like itís going out of fashion. Your post will be posted Ė check to make sure Ė and if it isnít, THEN try again. Double (or triple etc) posts will be deleted by the Administrators or Moderators. We deem double posting as the same user posting one message, and then posting another message or the exact same message again. Double posting is void after the period of 5 days. There is an edit button people, use it.
4. If someone needs genuine help or advice, and you KNOW you can offer some decent help, then be nice and do it. It doesn't cost.
5. Spam, post-count bumping (see also double posting) and excessive topic bumping (keeping a topic at the top of the board when blatantly no-one wants to reply) is in violation of these boardsí ways of conduct. It's not big, nor clever, and we'll be on you before you know it.
6. Links to porn, ROMs, Warez (illegal software) and/or ANYTHING that the Administrators or Moderators deem as unsuitable for this forum WILL be removed instantly, you'll probably be banned and we may even ban your IP address Ė THERE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE.
7. Please, if there are to be spoilers for a game in your post or topic, clearly mark it. It's not hard and only takes a few more key-presses. If you don't know what spoilers are: saying Timmy died at the end of the game "Timmy And His Amazing Trampoline" would be spoilers. Revealing a bosses name or item locations for the game are not classed as spoilers.
8. If you want to have an image in your signature - PLEASE - obey the limits of having 450 X 125 pixels ONLY! You may, of course have something smaller than this, but even something that is 450 X 126 pixels big will be removed. Otherwise the images simply take up way to much database space AND is an annoyance for the 56k'ers out there. Also, having seperate sig images that - overall - come to over 450 x 126 will ALSO be removed. Also, please try and make sure that your sig images are of a reasonable filesize. 60k+ sig images are unacceptable as that adds on another unessacery secs of d/l time for users. The maximum we will let go is 50k for a sig image. Anything greater than that WILL be removed. Thankyou.
9. We will NEVER EVER EVER ask you for your usernames or passwords for any website, anywhere, anytime. If ANYONE AT ALL asks you for your details, do not give them to them. If you DO give them away, then you have no one to blame for your - blatantly obvious - stupidity.
10. If you want to have an avatar linked off-site, then you must obey two things: firstly it can be no bigger than 128 x 128 pixels (at no larger than 25k), and secondly it cannot infringe on any previous rules stated (display porn/insults to other users etc). If you break this rule we may just stop you HAVING an avatar full-stop.