Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Independent Gaming Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Return to Independent Gaming

PopOut - Website about Indie videogames, another one
popoyt
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 08:27 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 377

Hi,

I'd like to introduce you to a website i've created 2 months ago :
PopOut http://popoyt.free.fr/popout/en/

PopOut was created because i thought there was a lack of criticism in the indie video game scene. There are already some great websites such as http://indygamer.blogspot.com , but these sites lack something, in my opinion. It's pretty hard to see which games really are worth downloading and playing.

Plus, more that one opinion is always good for players y'know wink.gif

We are a few people working on it, and we're always looking for more writers ! If you'd like to jump into the PopOut bus, and if you can write well in both english and french, please mail us at popoyt [hat] free [knot] fr.

If you believe this post to be spam, please delete it.
rinkuhero
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 09:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Editors
Member No.: 11

It looks good. There are other independent gaming sites besides this one though. There's http://gametunnel.com, http://tigsource.com, etc., but more is always good.
Tim W.
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 10:01 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Ban! haha kidding. rolleyes.gif

Anyway yeah I'm always looking for writers as well so I can sit back and do nothing lol. Paul is correct though, there can never be enough sites about indie games - plus I never thought of it as competition.

If Kotaku and Joystiq can co-exist, why not GameTunnel, TIGSource and PopOut? biggrin.gif
popoyt
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 10:27 AM

Thanks ! I checked Gametunnel a few months ago but i wasn't blown away by its content. And tigsource is basically indygamer with less posts, no ? wink.gif Just joking, as i'm checking tigsource a lot too

I really think yours is the best one, Tim. I'm not trying to compete in the same league, but i think your reviews lack criticism...
rinkuhero
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 07:14 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11

I added your site's RSS feed to my reader, looking forward to what you write; one bit of advice is to post in it every day, nothing kills off a blog like going there and seeing that it hasn't been updated in seven months.
popoyt
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 08:08 AM

QUOTE (rinkuhero @ Jun 4 2007, 07:14 AM)
I added your site's RSS feed to my reader, looking forward to what you write; one bit of advice is to post in it every day, nothing kills off a blog like going there and seeing that it hasn't been updated in seven months.

That's my goal ; and that's why i'm looking for other reviewers ! I can't post one article a day all by myself. (Plus, every article has to be posted in both french and english)

I really don't know how you manage to find and post so many interesting things, Tim ! It's like yours days are 32h long wink.gif
« Next Oldest | The Gamer's Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0835 seconds | Archive