InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Independent Gaming Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Return to Independent Gaming

Looking for some help with some japanese shmups...
slowhands
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 09:36 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

I know this isn't some sort of support forum, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. I'm hopelessly addicted to alot of the cool japanese created shooters, not that I'm any good at them, but addicted none the less. I seem to be having some troubles with some of the updated versions, perhaps someone might offer some insight/help with them?

Blue Wish Resurrection v1.02 - actually, since version 1.0, it runs at some insane FPS, which makes it unplayable to say the least, even impossible to make menu selections! The versions previously ran just fine.

[edit] Ahh. It seems the screen.txt file in the root dir contains two variables, the first is window/fullscreen, the second is a 60fps cap, so I solved that one! [edit]

Asougi - There seems to be a nice manual included with the game, is there anyone out there working on a translation? I *think* I understand the game mechanics, but I also think I'm missing a whole bunch. I've watched the replay a few times, but I still don't think I'm getting whats what.

Galshell 2 - Crazy looking graphics, but gamepad support seems goofed up. Any ideas?

I know pretty much 100% of my problems stem from all these being "works in progress", but it never hurts to ask.
Tim W.
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 10:00 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Editors
Member No.: 4

I'm not too sure how much help I can be but here goes nothing... smile.gif

BWR - There's a text file in the config directory which can be edited... I remember fiddling with this to enable full screen, but I can't say for sure what the values mean. The last five digits (consisting of 0s and 1s) enables and disables something, you could try that out. Only other solution is to mail the author and send him the AppLog file, he could take a look at it for you.

(oops, you're right... it's the screen.txt file) smile.gif

Asougi - I use the Google translation service myself, but I think you got most of the basics. You can try posting in the shmups forum, there's probably a Japanese translator or two lurking around.

From what I understand, the other buttons correspond to the different spells... so to use the third or fourth button a large amount of mana is needed. I could be entirely wrong, though...

My joypad's currently broken so I might have to get back to you on the third question... sad.gif
demauk
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:38 PM

Member No.: 306

Hi, I'm also looking for help on japanese games, but a different kind of help.

How would I go about buying FLAT's or Shanghai Alice's games? I can't for the life of me find any "buy" links.
Tim W.
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 06:18 PM

Advanced Member

http://www.paletweb.com/
http://www.himeyashop.com/

You can use their search function to find practically any doujin game released (if in stock). smile.gif
demauk
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 09:38 PM

Member No.: 306

Awesome. Thanks!
Tim W.
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 03:05 AM

Advanced Member

« Next Oldest | The Gamer's Section | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0862 seconds | Archive