These forums are closed. New forums are here.

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to FoxyProxy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bug: Config UI - resizable windows, Content not scaled on resizable windows
Igor
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:11 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

The config UI contains several resizable windows. In some cases the embedded content does not scale correctly when the window is resized:

Proxy-settings window:
- horizontal resizing works ok, but minsize should be fixed so that the "Port" input fields remain visible for the Proxy-Details tab
- vertical resizing should be disabled

Add/Edit pattern window:
- both horizontal and vertical resizing don't work
- vertical resizing should be disabled, horizontal resizing would make sense (with scaling input fields and foxyproxy.whiteblack.description.label), but only with a minsize fixed at the current default size

FoxyProxy options window:
- both horizontal and vertical resizing work ok

(FP 2.0b4)
Eric H. Jung
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 11:08 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

OK, thanks. But I'd like to leave this work for another release. Right now I'm specifically looking for any showstopper bugs, anything that "breaks". I'd like to release the extension tomorrow (Sat).

--------------------
Igor
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 11:59 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

That's fine.
There are a couple of areas where I think the GUI could use some additional polish but none of them qualifies as a show-stopper.
What is more important is that once you get the configuration set to what you want it to be FoxyProxy appears to work quite faithfully. I've done some fiddling with contending proxies and contending patterns now and all of them worked as expected.
This is not an exhaustive test, however. Do you know if there exists a test framework for automated testing of Firefox extensions yet?
Eric H. Jung
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 01:22 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Do you know if there exists a test framework for automated testing of Firefox extensions yet
Not to my knowledge. I've seen other people ask this in the past.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Beta Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0830 seconds | Archive