These forums are closed. New forums are here.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to FoxyProxy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bug and suggestion for AutoAdd
Igor
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 06:17 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Bugs (2.0b3):

- When AutoAdd is disabled and reenabled in the config UI, the AutoAdd proxy is reset to the first non-default proxy defined (Tor in my case) even if it was previously set to a different proxy. The pattern is preserved correctly, however.
- The "Mode"-column in the "Proxies" global configuration table never contains any entries. I'd have expected to see something like Direct, Manual, Auto in this spot.
- I'd like to use a 24h based timestamp format for log entries in the de-DE localization.
Using a timeformat string of "dd.mm.yyyy HH:nn:ss.zzz" the timestamps are still displayed in a 12h based format.

Suggestion:

AutoAdd currently suffers a performance hit from its requirement to perform a pattern match on all loaded (or possibly all non-proxied?) Web pages in order to detect blocked pages. The longer the Web page the worse the performance implications.
I am under the impression that error pages related to blocked sites are typically rather short, containing only the basic error message and a minimum of markup. Would it help to introduce a (configurable) cap on the size of Web pages (1k, say) that will be parsed for block-related messages?
Eric H. Jung
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 05:34 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

When AutoAdd is disabled and reenabled in the config UI, the AutoAdd proxy is reset to the first non-default proxy defined (Tor in my case) even if it was previously set to a different proxy.
OK, fixed for 2.0 beta4.

The "Mode"-column in the "Proxies" global configuration table never contains any entries. I'd have expected to see something like Direct, Manual, Auto in this spot.
Thanks for finding this. Fixed for 2.0 beta4.

I'd like to use a 24h based timestamp format for log entries in the de-DE localization.
Using a timeformat string of "dd.mm.yyyy HH:nn:ss.zzz" the timestamps are still displayed in a 12h based format.
Fixed for 2.0 beta4. HH is now supported.

I am under the impression that error pages related to blocked sites are typically rather short, containing only the basic error message and a minimum of markup
Yes, I'd agree with that.

Would it help to introduce a (configurable) cap on the size of Web pages (1k, say) that will be parsed for block-related messages?
I'm not sure if that would help. I'll do some testing to see.

Thanks!
Eric

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Beta Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0709 seconds | Archive