InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Evan Lysacek Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

> Important

Congratulations Evan!
2009 World Champion
2009-2010 ISU Grand Prix Final Champion
2010 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST!!!

Follow ELFF on twitter

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

2012 Nationals, comments or predictions
CarleyB
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 142

Nationals will be in full swing in two weeks. Thought I would start a topic where you can make your comments, predictions, rants, or whatever. So take it away!!

--------------------

keeper of Evan's 2006 National's TIME TO SAY GOODBYE exhibition program
keeper of Evan's height
Send PMSend EmailYIM
Ellen
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Member No.: 662

I'll bite.

Ladies: If Alissa is recovered from the injury she sustained going into the Grand Prix, then she should walk (skate) away with the gold. What's Mirai up to? I assume she'll be there! If so, I look for her to make the World team.

Men: My brain is a bit foggy this morning so I can't remember all names, but Dornbush could win it, as well as the other youngster who fared well in last year's Worlds. Then there's ... oh, heck, what's his name ... gorgeous skater with the blond curly hair. Anyway, he could definitely make the World team (hope so!) He reminds me of John Curry. His name will come back to me...

Ice Dancing: No brainer, Davis/Whilte = Gold; the Shibutanis = Silver. Bronze? Dunno

Pairs: Here's where I completely don't know the names. That said, it's definitely the USA team's "weakest link." I keep hoping that we'll get some great pairs skaters who can compete on the world stage.

Whew! That was hard. :lol2:

--------------------
Keeper of: Evan's health and safety
Send PMSend Email
#1Evanfan
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Olympic Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

Ladies: rooting for Alissa and Mirai to be the world team.

Men: would like Jeremy to skate his best to make up for last year and one of the new up and comers (hopefully Dornbush, I think he's the strongest) make the world team.

Pairs: I do like Cain/ Reagan, but I agree with Ellen, it's USA's weakest link.

Dance: Davis/ White and the Shibutanis of course!

--------------------
Diehard Evan Fan through the best of the best and the worst of the worst
Keeper of Evan's winning skates at the Olympics, his reactions and his incredible sportsmanship
user posted image
Send PMSend Email
nessats
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Junior

Member No.: 868

QUOTE (Ellen @ Jan 12 2012, 03:49 PM)
Then there's ... oh, heck, what's his name ... gorgeous skater with the blond curly hair. Anyway, he could definitely make the World team (hope so!) He reminds me of John Curry. His name will come back to me...

Are you thinking of Adam Rippon? He reminds me of John Curry.

--------------------
Keeper of Evan's Work Ethic
Send PMSend Email
Ellen
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Member No.: 662

QUOTE (nessats @ Jan 17 2012, 11:37 AM)
Are you thinking of Adam Rippon? He reminds me of John Curry.

Yep! I'd like to see Adam really lay one down and win Nationals. Adam is so talented and beautiful to watch, and he really needs to step up his game. He's the best among the current crop of US male figure skaters (not including, of course, Evan Almighty!)

--------------------
Keeper of: Evan's health and safety
Send PMSend Email
#1Evanfan
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Olympic Champion

Member No.: 781

QUOTE (Ellen @ Jan 17 2012, 02:49 PM)
Yep! I'd like to see Adam really lay one down and win Nationals. Adam is so talented and beautiful to watch, and he really needs to step up his game. He's the best among the current crop of US male figure skaters (not including, of course, Evan Almighty!)

He's a fantastic skater, I hope he does well and makes the podium!

--------------------
Diehard Evan Fan through the best of the best and the worst of the worst
Keeper of Evan's winning skates at the Olympics, his reactions and his incredible sportsmanship
user posted image
Send PMSend Email
Andrea
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Novice

Member No.: 923

Hope Keegan surprises and snags a medal. I'm glad you guys like Cain/Reagan, Ashley is a friend of mine. I'm totally rooting for them too :). I want Evora/Ladwig to get the title.
Send PMSend Email
merrybari
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 150

Hoping Keegan does well also!!

Wish lists - in no particular order:
Ladies: Alissa and Mirai and Ashley Wagner

Dance: Davis/White and the Shibs :wub: both - with Hubbell /Donahue

Pairs: Evora/Ladwig and Denney/Coughlin, not really familiar with any others - do not follow pairs very much. :(

Men: Would love to see Adam Rippon live up to his potential; Want to see if Dornbush is for real or if last year was a fluke - hoping for the former. Would love to see Jonathon Cassar make a move this year. He showed a lot of promise in Greensboro. Quite honestly, and sadly, I don't see any combination that can assure us getting that third spot. Abbott is not consistent at all internationally and has not, IIRC, even finished in the top 10 when he's been at Worlds - or maybe he did place as high as 9th. Have my fingers crossed the up-and-comers will rise to the occasion.

Edit to correct: Jeremy did place 5th in 2010, [I'll be looking my facts up first in future. :) ] so I have to add him to the mix. Really hope he can keep his head together and skate well.

--------------------
"...if you get out there and fight and give it everything you have ... then some pretty cool things are possible." ~ Evan Lysacek

Keeper of: Evan's nerves and his 2010 Vancouver Olympics "Firebird" SP
Send PMSend Email
Melinda4Bama
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

National Champion

Member No.: 807

QUOTE (merrybari @ Jan 21 2012, 05:27 PM)
Abbott is not consistent at all internationally and has not, IIRC, even finished in the top 10 when he's been at Worlds - or maybe he did place as high as 9th. Have my fingers crossed the up-and-comers will rise to the occasion.

IIRC, Abbott finished 5th at the 2010 WC. However, that was the post Olympic world's when many of the top skater's withdrew after the Olympics.
Send PMSend Email
merrybari
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

QUOTE (Melinda4Bama @ Jan 21 2012, 05:43 PM)
Abbott is not consistent at all internationally  and has not, IIRC, even finished in the top 10 when he's been at Worlds - or maybe he did place as high as 9th. Have my fingers crossed the up-and-comers will rise to the occasion.

IIRC, Abbott finished 5th at the 2010 WC. However, that was the post Olympic world's when many of the top skater's withdrew after the Olympics.

Thanks for setting the record straight!!

--------------------
"...if you get out there and fight and give it everything you have ... then some pretty cool things are possible." ~ Evan Lysacek

Send PMSend Email
CarleyB
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Abbott is not consistent at all internationally  and has not, IIRC, even finished in the top 10 when he's been at Worlds - or maybe he did place as high as 9th. Have my fingers crossed the up-and-comers will rise to the occasion.

Nope, Abbott finished 11th at 2010 Worlds. I spoke to him after the FOFS brunch on the way out of the restaurant, and he told me he was very disappointed in his results. I explicitly remember that because Evan won that year. The MC had announced that the World Champ and Nationals Champ were coming and everybody clapped and cheered like crazy. But only Evan really made an appearance. Jeremy just hung out by the door. Remember that he said he was "the neglected National Champion two years in a row because of Evan?"

--------------------

keeper of Evan's height
Send PMSend EmailYIM
CarleyB
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

As far as predictions go, I am pretty much in agreement with Mary.

Ladies: Alissa, Mirai, Ashley

Dance: Meryl/Charlie, Shibs, and I don't really care

Pairs: Evora/Ladwig, Denney/Coughlin, and I don't really care

Men: This is the hard one and could go any one of many predictions. No one is really consistent, mentally tough, or possesses anywhere near the skills Evan has, although you would think Jeremy would considering his age and how long he has been around. I think I am going to stick my neck out and go with the men who have been to Worlds and placed in the top ten.

Rippon, Dornbush, Mroz

Of course only two of these guys can go, but Adam and Brandon have both placed fifth when they went, and Dornbush placed 9th last year. Whoever goes is going to have to have a beautifully clean quad and 3A's, as well as good PCS. Who has the potential for the highest PCS? Rippon and Abbott

Oh Vey :help:

--------------------

keeper of Evan's height
Send PMSend EmailYIM
nessats
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Junior

Member No.: 868

QUOTE (CarleyB @ Jan 22 2012, 12:10 AM)
Abbott is not consistent at all internationally and has not, IIRC, even finished in the top 10 when he's been at Worlds - or maybe he did place as high as 9th. Have my fingers crossed the up-and-comers will rise to the occasion.

Nope, Abbott finished 11th at 2010 Worlds. I spoke to him after the FOFS brunch on the way out of the restaurant, and he told me he was very disappointed in his results. I explicitly remember that because Evan won that year. The MC had announced that the World Champ and Nationals Champ were coming and everybody clapped and cheered like crazy. But only Evan really made an appearance. Jeremy just hung out by the door. Remember that he said he was "the neglected National Champion two years in a row because of Evan?"

Evan won Worlds in 2009, not 2010. And Jeremy did finish 5th at Worlds in 2010 (11th in 2009), at least according to both Wikipedia and icenetwork.com. (I had to look it up because I never thought Jeremy did that well at Worlds.)

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.j...d=100083&mode=I

2010 Season Notes
SP Music: "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles performed by Jeff Beck
FS Music: "Symphony No. 3 in C minor" by Camille Saint-Saens

Won gold at Skate Canada and qualified for the Grand Prix Final for the second year in a row ... Won his second straight U.S. championship ... Placed ninth in his Olympic debut ... Capped his season by coming in a career-best fifth at the World Championships.

--------------------
Keeper of Evan's Work Ethic
Send PMSend Email
Melinda4Bama
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

National Champion

Member No.: 807

The 2010 WC was one month after the Olympics. Evan withdrew and competed in DWTS. Several other skaters withdrew including Plushenko & Weir. Abbott finished 5th and Rippon finished 6th, which secured three spots for the 2011 WC.
Send PMSend Email
merrybari
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Figure Skating Legend

Right you are Melinda! Thanks for setting that straight. There's hope for that third spot yet. :thumbup:

Time goes so fast it's hard to keep track. Since I sort of started this and can't depend on my memory, I did some checking at ISU. >>HERE's << what I discovered:

Jeremy at Worlds:
2011 - did not compete (finished 4th at Nationals; came in 3rd at 4 Continents, equalling his highest finish there)

2010 - 5th

2009 - 11th when Evan won. That's the year of the conversation you/we are remembering with JA Carley.

2008 - 11th when Evan was out with injury

Carry on!! :hug:

--------------------

Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Add us to your favorites

All graphics � Evan Lysacek Online, Leah Adams, Jay Adeff, Adam & Devon Stein, Jeffrey Nicholson, J. Barry Mittan, Mika, Music By Rachel, Michelle Wojdyla, Andrea Chempinski, Sarah S. Brannen, Moon, Sean O'Connor, Antonia Reitter, BB-Staff, Tracy Marks, Heather Winfield, Masako, USFSA, and Associated Press. FreeDomain.co.nr

Do you want to be an affiliate? E-mail us.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0971 seconds | Archive