Title: Changes Re: Posting/Quoting/Emoticons
Description: added #5
QianHui - July 7, 2006 12:40 PM (GMT)
The admins have agreed on a few changes that we are doing to ELFF:
1) Limiting threads to 10 pages – There is an issue of long threads that have gone off topic and very hard to follow. From now now, all threads except for the “game threads” will be closed when they reach 10 pages. After the limit is met, one of us will start a new thread on a given topic (the original thread topic). This is done to keep things more organized, and therefore easier to follow and moderate.
2) Disabling quote embedding – I’ve noticed that a lot of posts contain 3 or more quotes within one another, and therefore making the posts extremely long even though the actually writing of that particular post may be only 1 sentence. To prevent that from happening, we are going to disable quote embedding. Here’s an example of what’s going to happen when you click “quote” of a post that has quotes within one another:
will turn into simply
This will remove any quoted text when quoting a post that contains quotes.
3) Try not to turn threads into conversations before just 2 or 3 people. In other words, do not go off topic. You are more than welcome to start a new thread in the Off Topic
forum to discuss things unrelated to Evan/skating.
4) I've added new Evan smilies. Click on "Show All" in the emoticon scroll bar to see them. el-ecjump
5) I changed some smilies to this kind :D to make things neater. :hug:
If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, please contact us by doing one of the following:
1) Private message Dereck255, Megi, or MissMac.
2) E-mail Dereck255, Megi, or MissMac via their profiles here.
3) E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Post in this thread of the Feedback
Please do not contact me until September as I am going away for the rest of the summer.
Thanks everyone! :thumbup:
merrybari - July 7, 2006 03:20 PM (GMT)
Great new plans for the forum. Will streamline things for all of us!!
I also noticed, we have new How To Pick Music Icons for the topics. Luv it!!! el-ecjump
Have a great trip - we'll definitely miss you. Hope you can visit here once in a while and maybe post a journal thread to let us know what you're doing from time to time.
Nika - July 7, 2006 07:45 PM (GMT)
thanx for letting us know ;)
and yes, love new emoticons! And yes we're gonna miss you :cryoutloud:
Brigichan - July 7, 2006 07:49 PM (GMT)
Thanks for reminding! I've noticed some tiny changes too, and love the new icons.
Take care, QuianHui!
gosia.cookie - July 7, 2006 09:51 PM (GMT)
QianHui, thanks for letting us know! I think the modifications are pretty justified. :thumbup:
QianHui - July 8, 2006 06:29 PM (GMT)
We are glad that you like the new changes :thankyou:
I'm going to miss all of you :cryoutloud: I'll definitely try to get online whenever I get a chance. Everyone behave yourself! :D
Nika - July 8, 2006 08:53 PM (GMT)
|QUOTE (QianHui @ Jul 8 2006, 01:29 PM)|
| Everyone behave yourself! :D |
:lol2: we're gonna be nice, don't worry! ;) am I right guys? :P
evanatic92 - July 8, 2006 09:20 PM (GMT)
I like the new Evan emoticons mandy! :D
Northern - July 9, 2006 01:02 PM (GMT)
Thanx for the information..
these new emoticons are cool!! el-olykneel el-05ec el-ecjump el-carmenend el-echa
gosia.cookie - July 9, 2006 10:32 PM (GMT)
|QUOTE (Nika @ Jul 8 2006, 09:53 PM)|
| :lol2: we're gonna be nice, don't worry! ;) am I right guys? :P |
Sure you're right! :D All in all, we're good girls/boys, aren't we? :B
ElShaddai425 - July 16, 2006 11:58 AM (GMT)
Cool, I think you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up! :thumbup: