InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to DownTime. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Myri short story - OUT NOW !, Go get Star Wars Insider
Corellia's Dream
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:55 PM

General

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

Star Wars Insider magazine is making a regular feature of publishing new short stories.

Issue 134 (due around June) will have an adventure about Jaina and Jag on their honeymoon.

Issue 135 (July) will have a story by Karen Miller about Myri Antlilles [face_happy].gif

So Myri gets to feature in both this short story and in Mercy Kill, which will be out soon after. It's nice to see that Myri's been picked up and written about by someone other than Aaron Allston. I hope Karen Miller writes her well - apparently she's written in the EU before, but I don't know what, so have no idea what to expect.

The Star Wars Books facebook page asked for suggestions for other characters to feature in short stories, and there were a few mentions for the extended Antilles/Fel family. I hope they listen.

This post has been edited by Corellia's Dream on Aug 11 2012, 07:47 PM
Corellia's Dream
Posted: Jul 1 2012, 08:22 PM

General

I found this online the other week. I'm not entirely sure where it's from but I'm fairly sure it's official, not fan art.

A great pic of of Syal Antilles, and Jaina Solo - two of the best pilots of their generation.

user posted image

I like that Syal's helmet has the same design as Wedge's, but I don't think she'd actually use the same design so long as he's still capable of flying. Not unless Wedge specifically 'gives' her the design to use herself.

Syal and Jaina are now related - cousins-in-law. I'd like to see Syal, Jag and Jaina having a family get-together and ending up gossiping about flying. And maybe bickering about who's Dad is the best pilot in the galaxy [face_happy].gif
Corellia's Dream
Posted: Aug 11 2012, 08:06 PM

General

I got the new copy in Star Wars Insider yesterday - it has an interview with Aaron Allston about Mercy Kill, and a short story about Myri, called 'Roll of the Dice'.

The story is good; Myri is working undercover to gather intelligence on a gambling ship. Wedge also appears and appears to be rather enjoying himself. It's great to see them working together - and just great to see Wedge back in action, though Myri's the focus of the story.

Mercy Kill isn't out over here until next Thurs, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Amazon will send it out early. I'm looking forward to reading it.
« Next Oldest | The Cantina | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0639 seconds | Archive