Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Devilmaydance. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shoutbox spamming, when 14-year-olds attack
ranma-tim
Posted: Mar 4 2008, 07:16 PM

Protagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

The shoutbox recently received a string of comments all from the same IP address that evidently came from a kid who made up for his lack of a sense of humour with an extensive 4-letter word vocabulary.

After debating what action to take I have opted for an IP ban and deletion of (most of) the posts, since a single user flooding the box with irrelevant comments helps nobody.

If in the future you see these comments before I do, please treat them with extreme humour. On that note, I'd like to thank whoever 'Steve' actually is.

Feel free to add here if you have any comments or feedback on what you think appropriate responses to this sort of thing are.
Ryu Van Burace
Posted: Mar 4 2008, 07:59 PM

Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

I know precisely who Steve is, it's not me btw biggrin.gif, I'll ask him to make himself known.
Malek
Posted: Mar 5 2008, 09:33 AM

Protagonist

Member No.: 38

/bows

Since my name really is Steve, I had no choice wink.gif (and the weather report was copy-pasted from the BBC's website cool.gif )
ranma-tim
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 12:28 AM

Protagonist

Well, good job Steve! It feels as if we were repelling boarders from our vessel or something.

The only question left is just how RVB was so certain he knew who Steve was. Hmmmm.
Ryu Van Burace
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 04:59 PM

Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Clearly puzzle pirate influencing you there.

Yes, how did I know, eh?

Are either of you turning up to DS London meetup tomorrow?
ranma-tim
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 11:45 PM

Protagonist

Further to my earlier message to you on another medium (crazy how we have so many these days), it's now pretty unlikely that I'll be at the DS meet tomorrow. Hopefully I can do the next one though.
« Next Oldest | The Comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0249 seconds · Archive