InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Cybertron's Core: Transformers Writing Community. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Yes, we are dial-up friendly! Please, DO NOT register to this site unless you honestly intend to participate in our community.
...HERE IS THE NEWS: Coming to you every hour upon the hour. HERE IS THE NEWS: The weather's fine but there may be a meteor shower. HERE IS THE NEWS: Another action-filled adventure! HERE IS THE NEWS: All the worst from the world convention. HERE IS THE NEWS: Somebody has broken out of Satellite Two HERE IS THE NEWS: Look very carefully, it may be you, you, you, you...
9.29 We have a very special announcement regarding the Core and Space Station Janus.
12.27 Talking robots! Golden water! Bad jokes! You'll find all this and more tomorrow in the DeviantArt chatroom at 8 PM Mountain Time as we watch (and parody) "The Gold Lagoon!"

2012 Membership Survey, Do we suck?
Big Kahuna
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 11:08 AM

Gone bye-bye
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

It’s time once again for one of our when-I-remember-to-do-this membership surveys! We would appreciate it if you members could fill this out and tell us how we’re doing.

Please keep in mind that “War Bound” is an independent game, so when we say “the staff” we’re referring to the Enforcers (Mayhem, silverblades2), Moderators (Dinotor, Shadowcat9279) and of course, myself (Big Kahuna), unless the question directly relates to War Bound.

And no, Dino, you can't fill it out yourself.

(For new members) How did you find out about the Core?

What are some of your reasons for sticking with this site?

How would you rate the performance of the staff?

How would you rate our helpfulness?

We’re more than just a writing site, we’re more of a community. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?

Do you have any problems with the setup of the site? What would you do to improve upon it?

What would you like to see more of on the site?

We would like to see more use of the OOC forums. Do you have any suggestions for how we could make it more enticing for members to post in? Would you be willing to start more threads for discussion?

Do you participate in the Monthly Writing Comp? If not, why not?

You totally should, you know. Do you at least read the entries and vote for your favorite?

How would you describe the gameplay within Fierce Fortitude?

What would you like to see more of in the gameplay?

How would you rate the performance of DC8 in running War Bound?

How would you describe the gameplay within War Bound?

CODE
[b](For new members) How did you find out about the Core?[/b]

[b]What are some of your reasons for sticking with this site?[/b]

[b]How would you rate the performance of the staff?[/b]

[b]How would you rate our helpfulness?[/b]

[b]We’re more than just a writing site, we’re more of a community. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?[/b]

[b]Do you have any problems with the setup of the site? What would you do to improve upon it?[/b]

[b]What would you like to see more of on the site?[/b]

[b]We would like to see more use of the OOC forums. Do you have any suggestions for how we could make it more enticing for members to post in? Would you be willing to start more threads for discussion?[/b]

[b]Do you participate in the Monthly Writing Comp? If not, why not?[/B]

[b]You totally should, you know. Do you at least read the entries and vote for your favorite?[/B]

[b]How would you describe the gameplay within Fierce Fortitude?[/b]

[b]What would you like to see more of in the gameplay?[/b]

[b]How would you rate the performance of DC8 in running War Bound?[/b]

[b]How would you describe the gameplay within War Bound?[/b]

--------------------
ON HIATUS. GO BUG OMEGA PRIME.

aka JazZeke
Moonhunter
user posted image
art by Canalus

"Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way." -The Doctor
Twitchythe3rd
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 03:35 PM

Scout

Group: Members
Member No.: 292

First!

Though i'm technically not a newbie anymore, stalking on DA.

Where else would I go? From what I hear, a lot of other RP sites kinda suck.

I get along with most everyone, so i'd say good.

Very helpful.

We’re more than just a writing site, we’re more of a community. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?
Seeing how we meet up in the chatroom a couple times a week, i'd say community sounds right.

Do you have any problems with the setup of the site? What would you do to improve upon it?
I have no problems with how it is now. It's easy to navigate around.

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

We would like to see more use of the OOC forums. Do you have any suggestions for how we could make it more enticing for members to post in? Would you be willing to start more threads for discussion?
The weekly riffing is a good start. I've been more or less reporting on other Transformers-related stuff like FoC and the Hall fo Fame, and will likely continue to do so.

I don't mostly because i'm not a good writer, and because i'm lazy.

You totally should, you know. Do you at least read the entries and vote for your favorite?
I don't because i'm lazy and usually occupied blowing things up on some game. Usually purging the world of those evil Spies.

Good. The plot continues to move along and thicken nicely, like some sort of delicious story-favored gravy.

I'm fine with how it is.

He got it off to a good start, but...

...it quickly ground to a halt. The game needs a jumpstart ASAP.

--------------------
Stormfront Characters
In Progress
R-dusk
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:19 PM

Scraplet

Member No.: 360

From Big Kahuna on devArt.

I love to write and roleplay, and I love Transformers. I thought that was reason enough.

Everyone seems friendly, so I think it's great.

Very helpful.

I agree in the fact that everyone seems to know and get along with each other quite nicely.

None

Maybe a couple more roleplays... but that's just me.

I don't have any suggestions so far, but I will be willing to post in them.

I'm participating right now. Should have my first entry done soon.

I'm new to this site so I haven't really done that yet.

Haven't created a character yet (working on it).

Haven't created a character yet (working on it).

It's been three or four days since I've submitted my first character... :/ I would really like a yay-or-nay-and-why really soon or at least tell me when he's going to get around to it. Gonna be honest... I'm kind of getting impatient.

Again, character has yet to be accepted.
v-for-vincent
  Posted: Feb 25 2012, 06:30 PM

Scraplet

Member No.: 288

Hmm not sure if I count as a newcomer but I'll give it a go.

I was invited by JazZeke (Champion!).

Lots of creative people in it. Awesomeness! biggrin.gif

Quick! Like Flash quick biggrin.gif And really helpful.

Lol! Think I mentioned that above but yeah, really helpful.

Community FTW! Its all Transformers baby! Feel the love! X3
We could talk Transformers until Unicron comes home. Oh wait...

Hmm, setup seems fine. I'm not very familiar with this type of site. I'm more used to the LiveJournal style, but I guess that's completely different.

Don't know. I'd say art but I don't know if it'll work with this site.

Ooh! Got plenty of topics to discuss but always worried some people might give it the "That's not canon!" or "If its not in the (continuity/comic) then its not possible"
Nobody asks the weird, interesting questions about transformation, culture, way of life. Plenty of weirdness to discuss!

When I can I'm in! Been so busy with work but I love the writing competitions, yeah! Not in it for the winning, just the wackiness! biggrin.gif

You totally should, you know. Do you at least read the entries and vote for your favorite? Again, work has kept me away but when I'm around I do. I don't like voting because all the entries are usually really cool, but a winner must emerge. A grand champion! One whom others will speak of in awe and doff their caps to, one who will be singled out as the top of their game, the ace, the kid, the champ, the... I'll be quiet now, shall I?

Is that Beast Wars? Sorry, Trukk not Munkky. I like my robots robots smile.gif

I see me in a chalet in the alps, with a Purlitzer and... Oh, the game. Hmm, sorry, haven't played.

That's another Beast Wars game, isn't it? Again, not into that continuity. Sorry smile.gif
If there was a G1 one or another continuity I'd be so there!
I know people say "G1's been overdone" but maybe setting it in a different G1ish continuity. But nope, not into Beast Wars smile.gif

Beast Wars? Sorry smile.gif I wonder if its a dice game like D&D or like FF?

Hope this was helpful smile.gif

--------------------
Cake is a lie, JaAm is truth.
XtheSuperSaiyajin
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 12:09 AM

Mini-Con

Member No.: 29

I'm not new tongue.gif

I love the Transformers fandom and all of it's craziness.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd say a 7 or 8

A 9 on the same scale.

I agree, the forum invites users not just to write or rp but to chat with other users. There is also the deviantart chat for those who'd rather socialize that way.

I've never really had any problems with it.

I cannot think of anything at this time.

No suggestions at this time but I am willing to start some more threads.

No I don't, I was never really any good at fan fiction or whatever the Writing Comp would count as.

Sometimes I do if the topic interests me.

Nicely paced and plenty to do.

I do not know at this time.

I have not been to that section yet so I can't give a fair rating

See above.

--------------------
user posted image
Face the fury of my stinger!
killowatt
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 03:52 PM

Scraplet

Member No.: 349

[sorry it took me so long...]

Via the chatroom on dA. Really, by chance.

Interest in the way forums work; the new platform on which to create new OC's and attempt to (one day) play a canon character; the bomb that's strapped to my ankle BK told me would explode if I left...

On a scale of 1 to 10, about a 8 or 9. I haven't spoken with them much, but the site is maintained well.

On a scale of 1 to 10, a nice, rounded 10. Being a newbie to Forums, ya'll have been most helpful. Thanks.

I do agree, but only from observation. The weekly chatroom events are always interesting to watch, and the jokes traded back and forth here on the Core add to the laid-back attitude of it all. But, I'm newer, so... yes.

Nope. Once I learned the platform, it was smooth-sailing.

Ponies? *is shot*

We have OOC forums? Oops. Let me get back to you on that.

No, I haven't yet due to the fact that I've been using my free time drawing for me. One day, I will. One day... oh yes.

I know, I know. I'm working on it. However, I have read a couple, though I didn't vote.

Uh, different? I'm basing this off of operating in the dA chat rooms and IM style role-play. So, naturally, I'm finding it slower than I'm used to, but the time to think up meaningful responses, and the fact that I can respond on my schedule is nice.

No opinion.

He is a stellar moderator; knows what he wants and was very willing to give out suggestions on how to create characters better suited to his game. However, here recently, it has been a bit... dead. Though, I understand that we all have "offline lives".

It started off nice and solid, but has come to a stand still. I'm not sure how to proceed since I am still interested in participating. I can wait.

--------------------
Wait... What?
kryptoknight
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 08:31 PM

Legend

Member No.: 340

Stumbled upon it via DeviantArt, and I am ever so glad I did. Yay for happy accidents!

Good people, good games, why in the world would I go elsewhere?

Not sure, probably a 10 out of 10.

Again I think a 10.

Sure, I haven't been able to take part as much as I'd prefer but I've certainly seen all the fun. The riffs are a great idea and I think they should continue weekly.

No, it's a nice, simple site. I like simple and functional over flashy and difficult to navigate.

Hmm... Maybe a bit more conversation in the OOC forums?

Heh, wasn't I just talking about this same thing... Well I'd certainly be willing to post more and have been meaning to get up reviews for the couple of movies I'd seen. I enjoy doing reviews and may end up trying to become the unofficial movie review guy.

Not yet, mostly I'm not sure I can get a clear story across within the word limit. I'm used to writing multi-chapter fics.

Heck yeah!

Very nice, the pace tends to vary but never too slow to be bearable. I like the focus on characterization over all else.

Nothing at the moment.

Awesome job, I would say 9. He has a clear idea of what his game is and is very helpful in getting players started.

Like the others I would say it started off fantastic but it has slowed to a crawl at the moment, but hey, we all have irl things to deal with. I have faith it will pick up again before long.

--------------------
Pred count: Grizz(Fuzor: Grizzly/Chromatic Black Dragon)
Til all are one.
Mayhem
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 10:15 AM

BK's Evil Moisture Buddy
Group Icon

Member No.: 180

What are some of your reasons for sticking with this site? Friendly, smaller, lack of activity checks/min post requirements/other stressors, and lack of politics/cliques like other sites.

How would you rate the performance of the staff? Nothing’s blown up or been set on fire so things must be going alright.

How would you rate our helpfulness? Peanutbutter

We’re more than just a writing site, we’re more of a community. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent? To some degree we are a community. What other sites sit and watch cartoons together?

Do you have any problems with the setup of the site? What would you do to improve upon it? The scrolling News that says it’s the news twice in a row and hasn’t changed in years could go for some updating.

What would you like to see more of on the site? Colony development.

We would like to see more use of the OOC forums. Do you have any suggestions for how we could make it more enticing for members to post in? Would you be willing to start more threads for discussion? I hesitate talking to much ooc since other sites encouraged it and it always backfired on me.

Do you participate in the Monthly Writing Comp? If not, why not? I did but I won’t again. It’s no fun to suck.

You totally should, you know. Do you at least read the entries and vote for your favorite? Yes.

How would you describe the gameplay within Fierce Fortitude? 42

What would you like to see more of in the gameplay? Purple Poodles

How would you rate the performance of DC8 in running War Bound? Rubber Duckie

How would you describe the gameplay within War Bound? Acorns and Blueberries

--------------------
"Don't blink!"

user posted image
Thanks BK for the funny pic :D
Stormshadow
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 04:21 PM

Scout

Member No.: 56

Short of it's awesomeness; just the general atmosphere and friendliness of the other players.

Pretty good.

Also pretty good

Well duh; I find it kinda obvious; after all we do know each other quite well; we are rather free with our comments because most of the time we know what offends and stay well clear of it.

Not really it seems pretty clear to me.

People from the UK!

I'm not actually sure what they all do; I don't really write fanfiction any more (because I quite frankly suck at it) so I'm not sure what else there is? Perhaps giving people ideas of what actually goes on there?

I can't write a decent story to save my life?

I'll read occasionally but I don't vote. My life usually trips me over and sends me flying into a dumpster every time I think I've got a few minutes to do much else other than sleep.

Fun

I'd like to use my character a bit more in sneakyness and stuff; but meh probably not the right game for subterfuge and her condition does kinda limit me a bit in that. Also more free time to actually post would be awesome...alas my work keeps me busy; how Arbiter manages it I have no flipping clue.

Not really gone on long enough for me to comment on that yet. So far so good though.

I've made a single post...again not done enough yet.

--------------------
user posted image

Transwarp- my Tf/other stuff site.
Omega Prime
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 02:52 PM

Ultra Magnus
Group Icon

Member No.: 326

Do I count as "new"? Eh. I wanted to participate in the Writing Competition after spotting it on IDW. Apparently, you had to send it in with your Core username, and I wasn't in the Core, so...

I enjoy the comps and the role-playing. And there's not much else to do except wallow in self pity, so here I am, here I remain!

8/10.

You're all fairly helpful and quick to make corrections.

I think we're a community- I mean, I think of most of you as "friends", at least.

No problems.

Boo- I mean, ah, more activity, I guess. When it rains, it pours, you know? When this place is active, it's active, but when it's not, well...

I don't really have any idea about that, I think the Comps do a good enough job and get me to post in Get Creative pretty regularly.

I do!

Yes!

Slow burn, more character interaction based than other rps I know of, at least.

Uh... actual combat? We have all of these stats, but we rarely use them... ever. Also, courage is pointless, and I hate it. That's all.

He's doing a good job; however, I wish he was online more often.

Good, so far. Nothing's really happened, yet, but again, "slow burn".

--------------------
Before anyone asks, I am Pretty Princess Megs. And also a man.

My media review/ random stuff blog!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

OPTIONS

Administrators -|- Moderators -|- Senior Members -|- Members

Ask the Ancient Master of Time and Space a yes or no question, and see what he has to say!

> Affiliates
Legacy of Cybertron ¤ Transformers Prime RP ¤ Transformers Universe RPG ¤ Sonic Cyclone ¤ Stargate Delta

RPG,D&D Library

Re-Skinned by Mage.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1080 seconds | Archive
The TRANSFORMERS, Cybertron, etc. are all registered trademarks of Hasbro and all that other legal crap nobody reads anyway. Basically, this site is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to infringe on any of the rights of Hasbro.

And yes, the lyrics scrolling across the head of the announcement box are from ELO's song "Here is the News." We're not trying to rip them off, we're trying to plug the coolest time travel concept album of all time.