InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Board Guidelines

1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.
In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story. Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.
Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

My collection is complete, All your Legend of Zelda is belong to me
Tre
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 10:10 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 33

As some of you might know (or not know), I've been trying to get my hands on all of the Legend of Zelda titles in their original and "collectors/classic" formats. Today I finally got my hands on the final two games I needed... the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. It was sheer luck that I even went to the game stores today, but I did, and I found that both stores I hit had the games I wanted in stock. Made me rather happy for that to happen! I now own all the Zelda games (canon, and non CD-i titles).

The only games I don't have, and won't be getting, are the titles for Wii and DS... because I don't own those, and have no intention of getting the games at full price... I'll get them when they drop in price drastically. biggrin.gif

And for everyone's amusement, my collection!
1: Legend of Zelda (NES, GBA, GCN)
2: Adventure of Link (NES, GBA, GCN)
3: A Link to the Past (SNES, GBA)
4: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
5: Ocarina of Time (N64, GCN)
6: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (GCN)
7: Majora's Mask (N64, GCN)
8: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
9: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
10: Four Swords (GBA as bonus game for ALttP advance)
11: Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
12: Minish Cap (GBA)
13: The Wind Waker (GCN)
14: The Twilight Princess (GCN)

I'm rather proud to be able to say that I have the gold cartridges for the NES titles, the boxes for all games except Oracle of Ages and Minish Cap, and all of their battery packs still work flawlessly.

Now one of these days, when the DS and Wii are cheaper, I'll be buying the Wii version of Twilight Princess, and a copy of Phantom Hourglass. And potentially any other Zelda titles that come out. I'm going to be playing through the entire collection from start to finish (all on my Gamecube, how nice is that?) over the next few months... this is the reason I've not made any comments on any topics with even a slight hint of spoilers or plot to the games. I may have beaten the first half of the series, but stopped collecting the games. So I don't want to know anything about the games I missed before now. biggrin.gif

Feel free to post your collection of Zelda games here if you want. It's always good to know I'm not the only freak collecting the entire series. tongue.gif

--------------------
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
Tuf Pic
  Posted: Jun 7 2008, 08:42 PM

*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 94

Congragulations, Tre!!!! wink.gif smile.gif happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (My Viewpoints)
"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."
KiddoCabbusses
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 01:47 AM

The overly enthused BS-X nerd.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Tsk tsk. Until you have Data carts for every BS Zelda and Sekiban week, it will NEVER BE COMPLETE.

*Thunderclap*
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 02:03 AM

Oracle

Member No.: 110

Wow, you have the CD-i games? All 3? Ironically enough, the only box I have is for the Minish Cap.

--------------------
Tre
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 06:19 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

QUOTE (KiddoCabbusses @ Jun 7 2008, 08:47 PM)
Tsk tsk. Until you have Data carts for every BS Zelda and Sekiban week, it will NEVER BE COMPLETE. *Thunderclap*
Okay... that's probably a good point there. Although, since these are Japanese only games, I'm still in the clear. Especially as I said I have all ~canon~ titles.

QUOTE (MasterOfPuppets @ Jun 7 2008, 09:03 PM)
Wow, you have the CD-i games?  All 3?  Ironically enough, the only box I have is for the Minish Cap.
QUOTE (The Awesome Tre)
I now own all the Zelda games (canon, and non CD-i titles).
^ Means I don't have the CD-i titles. I didn't even bother getting them on emulators, despite someone having posted them up at one point. But yes, I do have the boxes to all my games (except the boxes for Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages), although my NES and SNES copies did suffer a small amount of crumple damage.

@Pic - Thanks! What I really like, is that I keep my older titles in my storage shelf in my closet, and play the entire series on my Gamecube (From LoZ to TP). That's the other reason I was all happy and stuff... I managed to get a Gameboy Advance Player... for 19$USD. Brand new. Unopened. Perfect condition and everything. Heh.

--------------------
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 09:35 PM

Where'd that Princess go?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

You are legitimated to shouting "score!" wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 09:50 PM

Oracle

QUOTE (Tre @ Jun 8 2008, 06:19 PM)

QUOTE (MasterOfPuppets @ Jun 7 2008, 09:03 PM)
Wow, you have the CD-i games?  All 3?  Ironically enough, the only box I have is for the Minish Cap.
QUOTE (The Awesome Tre)
I now own all the Zelda games (canon, and non CD-i titles).
^ Means I don't have the CD-i titles. I didn't even bother getting them on emulators, despite someone having posted them up at one point. But yes, I do have the boxes to all my games (except the boxes for Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages), although my NES and SNES copies did suffer a small amount of crumple damage.

Ah, I got ya. It's a great accomplishment!

--------------------
Tre
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 09:22 AM

Officially retired
Group Icon

@Serkol - Score! happy.gif

@MoP - Thank you, thank you. And for my next trick... I also have all the Megaman, Megaman X, and Final Fantasy titles on PSX and Gamecube. I wish I could say they are all the originals, but I couldn't find all the NES and SNES carts... so I decided to just get the reprint versions instead. happy.gif

--------------------
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 03:10 PM

Where'd that Princess go?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I kinda dropped out the the Megaman series after Megaman X4 and 5. Though I really enjoyed Command Mission.

Not much of a fan of the Battle Network and Zero series on GBA. But ZX does rock (pun intended).

--------------------
user posted image
Tre
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 07:23 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

I've always been a big fan of the Megaman and X titles... though I never liked Legends (don't know why...) and hated the Battle Network and Zero titles. Of course, I have them emulated, but I won't buy them. The same goes for that "Star Force" crap... I'm not even going to be emulating that garbage. Oo;;

--------------------
Tuf Pic
  Posted: Jun 22 2008, 08:53 PM

*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (Tre @ Jun 8 2008, 06:19 PM)
@Pic - Thanks! What I really like, is that I keep my older titles in my storage shelf in my closet, and play the entire series on my Gamecube (From LoZ to TP). That's the other reason I was all happy and stuff... I managed to get a Gameboy Advance Player... for 19$USD. Brand new. Unopened. Perfect condition and everything. Heh.

Your'e quite welcome, Tre!!!! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (My Viewpoints)
"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."
MadHatter
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 03:59 AM

Oracle

Member No.: 193

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I have a related question.

How do you guys store your collections? I've recently decided that I really can't display all my games anymore so I've started locking some of them away in cold storage. I've been putting them in large plastic bins and putting them in my basement. I hope this works. The only things I'm worried about are:
1. Mice
2. Moisture
3. Cold temperature during the winter.

My collection includes cartridges, CD/DVDs, and various magnetic storage media like 3.25 floppies for my older PC games.

So how do you guys carefully store your collections? Any tips for me?

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about more than just a zelda collection, btw. I don't want anyone to be misled by this thread's original topic.

This post has been edited by MadHatter on Oct 29 2011, 04:01 AM
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 03:27 PM

Oracle

Those plastic tubs are a good idea. You also will want to put the games in water tight ziplock bags too, in case the basement floods.

--------------------
MadHatter
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 04:25 AM

Oracle

Member No.: 193

Ah good point. I'll go do that right now actually. I'd already gotten everything with cords in plastic bags since it keeps the cords from tangling horribly. I also removed all the batteries from things like handhelds since batteries tend to explode. Now my only hope is that no burglar comes since I've got everything nicely bundled for him... smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Generic Discussions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1023 seconds | Archive