InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Board Guidelines

1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items. In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story. Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator. Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

BS Zelda considered just a spin off
ZethAlkar64
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 02:30 PM

URA + BS-X = <3

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 239

One of the scans I have of the Zelda Historia which has been putting together facts of the series and finally answering a lot of questions, I noticed an article about BS Zelda. This is my rough translation of it.

user posted image

Headline: About the titles not included in the chronicles.

Subline: Besides Link's Crossbow Training, the series has spin-off titles which are not included in the chronicles.

Right: Link's Crossbow Training

Bottom Left: BS The Legend of Zelda

This post has been edited by ZethAlkar64 on Jan 6 2012, 02:32 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 03:03 PM

Where'd that Princess go?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yeah, we knew this already. Honestly, I'm surprised the game got a mention to begin with.

But thanks Zeth happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
ZethAlkar64
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 04:38 PM

URA + BS-X = <3

Member No.: 239

QUOTE (Duke Serkol @ Jan 6 2012, 03:03 PM)
Yeah, we knew this already. Honestly, I'm surprised the game got a mention to begin with.

But thanks Zeth happy.gif

Of course, though I thought it was possibly somewhat canon, the storyline seemed to play nicely off ALTTP and suggested Link was venturing other places during that time. Which fit in with Link's Awakening, so in a way I'm a little sad to hear this but at the same time, now I know for sure. x3

--------------------
user posted image
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 06:06 PM

Oracle

Member No.: 110

Thank you for posting the larger scan though! Also interesting how they just call it BS Zelda when it's AST.

--------------------
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 06:15 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (ZethAlkar64 @ Jan 6 2012, 05:38 PM)
so in a way I'm a little sad to hear this but at the same time, now I know for sure. x3

Do you really care what Nintendo considers canon?

I stopped after they put trains in Zelda and now that I've seen the ending of Skyward Sword I'm only more confident in my decision to firmly not give a crap...

Plus the details of this official timeline don't make sense anyway.

QUOTE (MasterOfPuppets @ Jan 6 2012, 07:06 PM)
interesting how they just call it BS Zelda when it's AST.

And by interesting, we mean these people don't know what they're talking about.

--------------------
user posted image
Tuf Pic
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:32 AM

*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (Duke Serkol@Jan 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM)
Do you really care what Nintendo considers canon?

They should do an EXPANDED UNIVERSE, (like the 1 for Star Wars)!! stalfos.gif grey.gif cthulhu.gif

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (My Viewpoints)
"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."
ethanland
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 05:51 AM

The Satellabrony

Member No.: 292

QUOTE (Tuf Pic @ May 2 2012, 09:32 PM)
They should do an EXPANDED UNIVERSE, (like the 1 for Star Wars)!! stalfos.gif grey.gif cthulhu.gif

That would make the CD-i games canon. Would you really want that?

--------------------
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 02:57 PM

Group Icon

If I had to choose which to consider canon, the CD-i games or Spirit Tracks, I'd go with the CD-i games and never look back.

--------------------
user posted image
SmashManiac
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:01 PM

Legend

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Duke Serkol @ Jun 26 2012, 09:57 AM)
If I had to choose which to consider canon, the CD-i games or Spirit Tracks, I'd go with the CD-i games and never look back.

lol wut?

What's wrong with Spirit Tracks on this regard? I don't intent to play it, so feel free to spoil.

--------------------
user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:16 PM

Group Icon

Well, Spirit Tracks is not a bad game per se (I certainly would prefer replaying that over the vast amounts of nothing in TWW), but as silly as the CD-i games may have been (and it's mostly the side scrolling ones) they generally stayed true to the fantasy medieval setting of the series.
They don't throw a train at you, with a farfetched explanation about Spirits who made railways, expecting you to just buy into it.

Also, while I don't like TWW for several reasons, I must admit it had a great story (one of the best in the series even), the ending of which provided incredible potential to innovate the series and take it into a new direction. And then we got ST which pisses that away by being just another LoZ with trains in a New Hyrule that looks like the old one rotated 90, with a new [spoiler]evil king[/spoiler] that looks and acts the same as the old one.
FAIL.

--------------------
user posted image
Tuf Pic
  Posted: Dec 25 2012, 03:29 AM

*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:

Member No.: 94

*NECRO-BUMP*!! stalfos.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1TSpfPFNlE

It gives good reasons why there SHOULD BE A "MULTIVERSE"/EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!

Not only BS Zelda would fall under this umbrella definition, but SC2 & Zelda Ura, specifically for the latter, Zeth's hack!!

@ethanland: I know the CD-i games had serious flaws, but so did OOX, & I want to show you all a quote I never had before:

QUOTE (Wynter @ then known as Sin Seishin)
QUOTE (Tuf Pic)
Dear Seishin:

Does the 3rd flame HAVE TO BE MAGENTA/DESPAIR?!

It could easily be TERROR/FEAR, & be colored GREEN, to fit better with the 3 Goddesses, & Sorrow could be named IGNORANCE/DECEPTION, because, not only are those opposites of Wisdom, but Veran was decieving the people of Labrynna, & that led to suffering, so...

Twinrova are the PERFECT VILLIANS TO SACRIFICE LINK, so it makes me very upset to see their potential wasted on sacrificing THE PRINCESS, & it wouldn't KILL Nintendo, &/or Capcom to do remakes of OOAOOS, & maybe additionally AOL, & I have a couple of ideas that might make everybody happy...

1) If AOL comes before OOX on the timeline, then POTENTIALLY, Twinrova could be behind the plot to sacrifice Link, & who knows, maybe they could kidnap him, & the there might be 2 ZELDAS, & the 1 who was from LOZ could rescue him, in which case I WOULD TOLERATE FARORE GETTING SACRIFICED IN OOX, but ONLY IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN,

...&...

2) What if Nintendo/Capcom were to let players CHOOSE WHO TO SACRIFICE IN A REMAKE OF OOX, through different "secrets"...

What do you think?!

Wow, that brings back memories, thought you were over the whole sacrificing Zelda factor, although sacrificing Farore is a different approach this time around, but a welcomed one. It would make more sense if they sacrificed all three Oracles to ressurect Ganon. One would think the combined powers of the Oracles would far supercede that of the royal blood of Zelda. Then again, Nayru could have just been used to bring Ganon back from before his demise. The story's got some serious gaps.

& to expand on my 2nd point, playere were allowed to choose between Ricky, Moosh, &/or Dimitri, so why in hevean's name would they only let you rescue Zelda, & not even give you the option(s) to rescue either FARORE OR LINK?! *Tuf Pic grumbles*

Oh, & it could be through different events as well, such as playing minigames at different locations, which I believe is they way you got the flute(s) of Ricky/Moosh/Dimitri...

& yeah, back on the subject, BS Zelda SHOULD BE CANON!! blowup.gif

This post has been edited by Tuf Pic on Dec 25 2012, 03:31 AM

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (My Viewpoints)
"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1051 seconds | Archive