Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Board Guidelines

1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items. In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story. Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator. Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Pages: (18) « First ... 15 16 [17] 18  ( Go to first unread post )

Subline patch, finalize(d)
Hiei-
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:23 AM

Guardian Spirit

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 176

Okay, I'll try to edit the sublines then.
SmashManiac
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:37 AM

Legend

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Hiei- @ Apr 21 2012, 09:55 PM)
But I noticed something and just wondering if I'm the only one who got this problem or not (for those who tried the patch on real hardware), the first letter of each line (left side) are cut on my TV.

The sublines patch was not designed to be inside the safe zone for TVs. There's just no place to put it elsewhere without significantly affecting gameplay unfortunately. I'm surprised you can even read the 2nd line correctly.

All I can hope is that we finish the broadcast restoration soon *cough cough Duke hurry up cough* so the sublines are no longer a requirement.

--------------------
user posted image
Hiei-
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:57 AM

Guardian Spirit

I'll try to recompile the sublines with the program included in the zip archive (just one space at te beginning and end of each line will be enough to be able to see the whole sentences).
Con
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:56 AM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

All I can hope is that we finish the broadcast restoration soon *cough cough Duke hurry up cough* so the sublines are no longer a requirement.

I also hope Duke finds the time to finish the translation texts soon so that this project can continue - there's also need to upload all the text (original kanji + translation) for documentary and retrace reasons happy.gif

Yes, the first letters are problematic, but it is also problematic to rework the sublines to fit on TV. There's not much place and we had to think about many phrases to still make sence with only 32 characters each line. Adding a space to have only 31 characters will have a quite strong impact on the whole text. If you can't adjust your TV to display the screen correctly I only can wish much luck smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
KiddoCabbusses
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:07 AM

The overly enthused BS-X nerd.

Member No.: 124

QUOTE (SmashManiac @ Apr 22 2012, 08:37 AM)
But I noticed something and just wondering if I'm the only one who got this problem or not (for those who tried the patch on real hardware), the first letter of each line (left side) are cut on my TV.

The sublines patch was not designed to be inside the safe zone for TVs. There's just no place to put it elsewhere without significantly affecting gameplay unfortunately. I'm surprised you can even read the 2nd line correctly.

I will note that this is kinda TV-setup specific. My flat screen shows all the letters fine. It's most likely you'll have issues on a CRT.

On the note of the Audio Restoration, since I have my sd2snes, does anyone wanna experiment with using MSU1 hacking on Sekiban? I'll be eager to test it on my SFC setup. I'd suggest doing a test edit with a nice, 50-minute long PCM audio file, or such.
SmashManiac
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:13 PM

Legend

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (KiddoCabbusses @ Apr 22 2012, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (SmashManiac @ Apr 22 2012, 08:37 AM)

I will note that this is kinda TV-setup specific. My flat screen shows all the letters fine. It's most likely you'll have issues on a CRT.

Actually flat screens also have this behavior, but less severely. For instance, my PC is directly connected to my 1080p TV, and I have to set up my TV in PC mode in order to see the entire screen.

--------------------
user posted image
Hiei-
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:22 AM

Guardian Spirit

Yeah, I play on a real old TV like when the SNES was released (no PC screen nor HD TV and no flat screen) to avoid any input lag.

I'll try to modify the patch when I'll have some times smile.gif

This post has been edited by Hiei- on Apr 24 2012, 02:23 AM
Hiei-
Posted: May 19 2012, 01:43 PM

Guardian Spirit

I found that if you have a modded SNES and that you switch the system to "50hz", you can see the missing letters wink.gif
Con
Posted: May 20 2012, 11:30 AM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Problem solved with little effort and without adjusting the patch happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Con
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 01:46 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Tre now played AST (after 10 years being part of the page) floater.gif

...and ran into 2 bugs. The first was a minor thing with the itemfix (2 text letters were corrupted) but the other one was another graphical corruption with the sublines: graphics did mess up while entering lost woods.
I was able to recreate this bug (happened in 1 of 30 cases I entered/left the lost woods).

I released a v.13 sublines version (bug seems fixed) and all AST prepatched roms (Official and MQ) are fixed as well. So anybody should redownload the roms, even if the bug occured rather scarce.

--------------------

user posted image
Terra Branford
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 03:38 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Heh, yeah... leave it to me to ~finally~ play the game, for recreational purposes... and end up finding two graphic bugs, which causes you to end up having to repatch all the game files for the pre-patch versions of the roms.

Sorry again, about that.

On the plus side, not counting those two bugs (which are fixed now), all four weeks of the "Original Quest" AST, works 100% on the PSP, when emulated with SNES9xTYL.

--------------------
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
Con
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 04:40 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Nothing to apologize, due to all the progress and updates made in the past we nearly ran out of willing playtesters wink.gif
So any bug report is always welcomed!

--------------------

user posted image
Terra Branford
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 05:38 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Heh... well, given how many re-re-re-revisions to each patch had to be made, and each revision forced another thorough playtest, yeah... it was hard to keep willing playtesters for AST. tongue.gif

--------------------
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 04:51 AM

Oracle

Member No.: 110

Maybe that'll fix the bug with the witch's hut being corrupt at the end of one of the weeks on RH. I don't have time to check right now though. Anyway, thanks for the work you two!

--------------------
Con
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 12:23 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

hm, most likely it won't, but there is a chance... please check and if it's still corrupted I could try blindly to fix it if you tell me the week(s).
I'll try out some codes then, send you the rom and you can check whether it helped or not.
Since I can only trace bugs occuring with Geiger there's no other possibility.

--------------------

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Patching | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (18) « First ... 15 16 [17] 18  Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0843 seconds | Archive