Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Board Guidelines

1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.
In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story. Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.
Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Upcoming things, To do list
Con
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 06:06 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 06:43 PM

Where'd that Princess go?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

And the Master Sword sleeps forever!

...how come your ZSNES messes up the top of the screenshots while mine does it for the bottom?

Oh hey guys, did you know the mascotte isn't really taken back to the BS-X city? If you disable some layers you'll find out that the poor thing just got shoved into the woods to the right by the flash of light laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 08:15 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

And the Master Sword sleeps forever!

hopefully dry.gif
except va project as I promised, however I think this project will take some more time until I can start hacking.

I do have this idea for a tiny lil' decoration patch

canon soldiers or which ideas? I won't hack this, but Euclid managed for Paralel worlds, guess he could hack such thingies for ast in a second.

dunno with zsnes images...

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 08:25 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 24 2009, 09:15 PM)
I do have this idea for a tiny lil' decoration patch

canon soldiers or which ideas?

Oh no, nothing so complex as introducing an all new enemy.
It's just an NPC. You know how the witch's assistant has the same sprite as most shopkeepers in the game?
Well, the idea is to leave the current sprite for all those shopkeepers but instead make this sprite appear when you go into the witch's hut.

...do you recognize her?

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 10:19 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

sure, that's the which you have to throw from her broom down in LA or OoX (can't remember.

Well, the graphics are compressed both in alltp and ast so it's not easy to exchange sprites.

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 10:36 PM

Group Icon

Ah, even an all new sprite (not a replacement) would have to be compressed? I see...

Anyway, in case you don't know, she's not only in Oracles, she's also in the GBA port of ALttP. That's why I thought of making this decoration patch, so that people who either prefer or only have that version won't have a "continuity break" so to speak.
...but yeah, it would only be one of many (like, whatever happened to the bug catching kid? laugh.gif)

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 01:33 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

I once helped red out to decompress the graphics for the menu items, so that he could translate it. Believe me, that was awful. I used decompressing software by DN (he left it on the sekiban files page), and included the decompressed graphics manually at an empty space and further made a manually vram transfer for these graphics.

It is possible, but for this decoration the effort is not in comparison with the effect. Rather important was to fix l8 boss if anything.

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 05:19 PM

Group Icon

Yeah but, seeing as I'd be adding a new sprite, not changing one that already is in the game, would it be necessary for this new sprite to be compressed too?
If not, the only difficulty would be to tell the game not to look for the original compressed sprite when entering that room but for the new un-compressed one instead, right?
Or am I misunderstanding how this stuff works?

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 07:01 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

you must then insert the uncompressed tile and load it manually into vram to the location where the old sprite is. However, I wonder why it is so important for you to replace that witch and call it "deco-patch" - for me it's silly tile-replacing playment...

Let's speak about more important things, I'm pretty sure I can fix those two l8 bugs (passway marked with red circle and missing tile in monster marked with arrow) if you want me to happy.gif

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image

--------------------

user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 09:12 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

well, believe it or not, I fixed this bug with euclid editor in 5 seconds biggrin.gif

here's the patch, I'll merge it with the update patch and post the fixed roms tomorrow

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 24 )
Attached File  boss_fix_l8.ips ( bytes)

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 09:23 PM

Group Icon

Ah, that's great! I had misunderstood when you previously mentioned lv8 boss, I thought you meant when you fixed the blue ghoma in map1.

So this was actually easy to fix? Cool!

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 25 2009, 08:01 PM)
you must then insert the uncompressed tile and load it manually into vram to the location where the old sprite is.

And that is still hard to do? (Even though there's no compression?) I can't tell ^^"
Anyway yeah, this isn't really important, it's just a silly little idea I've had, like the Soul Calibur set patch for the otehr game (for which also I had to look for help in order to change the palette of the Magic Sword)

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 02:30 AM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Well, I updated all week 4 roms with the boss fix, please redownload.

And that is still hard to do? (Even though there's no compression?) I can't tell ^^"
Anyway yeah, this isn't really important, it's just a silly little idea I've had, like the Soul Calibur set patch for the otehr game (for which also I had to look for help in order to change the palette of the Magic Sword)

It's not hard for me to hack this with my experience if you give me the tiles in hex, but where's the point exchanging original tiles with gbc tiles? I mean there's also a pikachu patch for map1/2 nobody needs... The soul calibur patch was something different because of the "cross-religious problem" Nintendo has and it looks more like a magc/master sword. More important was to fix that crappy okibi head patch to match the correct green color and changes colors with clothes like in alttp if anything. The mascott luckily is uncompressed

Well, now is only the walkthrough left to be done with which I hope you start soon smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
MasterOfPuppets
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 02:50 AM

Oracle

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 110

Yay! Good to see that was fixed, it always caught my eye when I was fighting it. Thanks again!

--------------------
Con
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 02:58 AM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

You're welcome happy.gif

I think that was the last fix needed to be done for restoration, right? I mean there are no further "real bugs" like this boss as far I think.

--------------------

user posted image
SmashManiac
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 03:27 AM

Legend

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 25 2009, 04:12 PM)
well, believe it or not, I fixed this bug with euclid editor in 5 seconds  biggrin.gif

Wait, you were able to fix the boss's missing tile with Euclid's editor? blink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Generic Discussions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1172 seconds | Archive