InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Board Guidelines

1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.
In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story. Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.
Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Upcoming things, To do list
MadHatter
Posted: Dec 20 2009, 05:34 PM

Oracle

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 193

Yeah but we'll probably still need you for things like Master Quest Run #2... sweatdrop.gif

This post has been edited by MadHatter on Dec 20 2009, 05:34 PM
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 20 2009, 08:07 PM

Where'd that Princess go?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Whatever the heck would that be? blink.gif"

Trying to ask Euclid is a good idea. Hopefully I'll catch him on-line one of these days.

By the way, and seeing as this is the topic for things to come, GlitterBerri is now looking into the full voice acting of the original BS Zelda (we only translated bits of it).
I don't expect much to come from it (though it will certainly be invaluable for the eventuial VA project) but maybe there will be some big revelation near the end of week 4 wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
MadHatter
Posted: Dec 20 2009, 08:29 PM

Oracle

Group: Certified Members
Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Duke Serkol @ Dec 20 2009, 08:07 PM)
Whatever the heck would that be? blink.gif"
That's the point. We're talking about the future and why Con needs to say "farewell for now" to hacking instead of "good bye forever."

QUOTE (Duke Serkol @ Dec 20 2009, 08:07 PM)
maybe there will be some big revelation near the end of week 4 wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah Link will step out of the background per Tuf's fantasy and say "Hi, fans! I bet you wondered where I was during this game. I was actually having adventures in another dimension but I was still here at the same time! Anything is possible if you can imagine it because imagination is the spell that binds together all of Hyrule! Anyway I just wanted to drop in at the end here to give you guys a thrill and to mention that I did NOT come from Calatia! That's a scandalous lie! OK, that's it. Enjoy the credits!"
SmashManiac
Posted: Dec 20 2009, 10:06 PM

Legend

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 14 2009, 08:35 PM)
except there is some further coding for VA needed

huh.gif?

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 01:19 AM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

now smash, the va code for map1/2 works and everything needed is the va mp3 to finish the project.

For ast I think you need some further modifications.

Don't mind MH, I say goodbye to coding, but I will still be around the page but more inactive like Tre nowadays is ninja.gif

Coding stuff costs a lot of time which I don't have anymore with my current job and I also have a private life

--------------------

user posted image
SmashManiac
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 03:36 AM

Legend

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 20 2009, 08:19 PM)
For ast I think you need some further modifications.

Can you elaborate? I still fail to understand.

--------------------
user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 04:39 AM

Group Icon

The introduction pictures need to show up for a longer time (six miutes total), the game needs to go directly from intro to gameplay... stuff like that.

--------------------
user posted image
Tre
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 01:03 PM

Officially retired
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Congrats, Conn, on getting the final patch ready before the holidays!

And welcome to being "Retired". That's assuming BS Zelda Map 3 doesn't somehow get discovered before you run away to another land. tongue.gif

--------------------
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
Con
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 03:08 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

Thanks Tre happy.gif
and now I will have also time soon to reply to your mail which is in my inbox since 3 months wink.gif

Now it's only up to Duke to playtest and write the walkthrough... but I'll post the patch tomorrow I think. However, best might be to leave the 2MB version without intro/end of both AST/MQ also on the files page if people want to run it on rh or so.

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 03:54 PM

Group Icon

Agreed, might be for the best.

--------------------
user posted image
KiddoCabbusses
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 08:16 PM

The overly enthused BS-X nerd.

Member No.: 124

QUOTE (Con @ Dec 20 2009, 05:15 PM)
Thanks a lot, but there is also no real need for me to not retire since the list is completed and the work done happy.gif

Yeah, BS Zelda has gotten pretty far.

... we kinda still have blanks for BS Marvelous and BS Fire Emblem, though, don't we...? ... ... ok, I'm being really bad here. ^^; But aye, no pressures. Maybe at some point I'll actually be able to throw together a hack myself. Just not one with Pikachu.
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 09:57 PM

Group Icon

It would be wonderful to translate those informating voice acting segments for BS Fire Emblem and insert them in the game in the same fashion we just have with AST...
but of course, someone other than Con would have to do it, since not only he's retired, I don't think he's a Fire Emblem fan either laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Con
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 10:07 PM

Waiting for the dawn
Group Icon

smile.gif ... huh.gif ... blink.gif ... bomb.gif ... blowup.gif ... stalfos.gif

well, site's updated with the latest patch smile.gif enjoy

--------------------

user posted image
Duke Serkol
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 02:25 AM

Group Icon

What? I wasn't being sarcastic, I really have no intention of asking you to do that.

...unless you are in fact a Fire Emblem fan, then I would. So I suggest you deny that as emphatically as if I had asked whether you liek Mudkip wink.gif
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
KiddoCabbusses
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 02:45 AM

The overly enthused BS-X nerd.

Member No.: 124

I did a rough script translation before (I will probably have to revise it at this point, now that you mention it), but the thing we're missing at this point is the CG art for parts 3 and 4...
(And also the fact that the game took advantage of the Satellaview's Soundlink to play audio in the middle of game play similar to Sekiban did.)

This post has been edited by KiddoCabbusses on Dec 22 2009, 02:46 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Generic Discussions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0735 seconds | Archive