zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Villanova Law. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Orientation tomorrow
BigHurt
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 06:23 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

This may seem like a toolish question to ask, but what is the appropriate dress code for tomorrow? I mean, we are expected to wear formal attire for the little shing-dig on the second night, but what about the first. I know, stupid question, but I rather ask it than be the odd man out!
Bronz
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 08:30 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

Im wearing shorts and a button down or collared shirt. I believe kevgdog is wearing something along those lines.

Is anyone bringing there laptop? I think I am
lawnecon
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 09:13 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

Being a dork, I just went back and reviewed some of the orientation info on the website prior to reading this post. Anyway, the SBA letter said to dress comfortably due to the temperature and the amount of time we'll be on our feet. I assume that means we don't need to wear a three piece suit, but anything between that and dressing like a complete slob should be acceptable.

I'm leaving the computer at my place tomorrow since we already will have to lug all of our books back home after orientation and the legal writing seminar isn't until the second day of orientation. I'll probably bring it to day 2.
HandsDown
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 09:47 PM

Member No.: 9

Not sure what I'm wearing but I don't think its a big deal. The outline for day one looks like a lot of walking and touring.. I'm not bringing the computer to the first day because my mentor acted like we wouldn't need it, I have to lug the books to the car, and its actually broken and waiting on a part from Dell.
omachoomar
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 09:50 PM

Member No.: 22

where in the law school building does orientation start at 10 am? It does'nt say on the web page.
kevdog161
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 10:28 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (omachoomar @ Aug 20 2006, 09:50 PM)
where in the law school building does orientation start at 10 am? It does'nt say on the web page.

Are flip flops and shorts OK? Sneakers? I think shorts and a polo with either sneakers or flip flops should be considered acceptable. Thoughts?
lawnecon
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 10:53 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (omachoomar @ Aug 20 2006, 09:50 PM)

Sorry, this is a late response, but if you look at the schedule under the orientation link, you'll see that orientation unofficially commences at 9 AM with a mass (being a Roman Catholic school), but the university president addresses the incoming class as a whole at 10. I think his opening remarks plus the SBA address lasts about a half hour. After that part of the class has to sign in. That's what you really don't want to miss since they noted on the site that if you fail to sign in (and I assume after trying to get in touch with you), they'll give the seat away to somebody on the waitlist.

Kevdog - I assume as long as it doesn't look like you just rolled out of bed and refrain from wearing anything that's obviously inappropriate, you should be fine. I doubt footwear matters too much, but doing all that walking in flip-flops might not be fun; however, I don't really wear them, so I wouldn't know.
omachoomar
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 12:35 AM

Member No.: 22

thanks for the reply, it was'nt too late since im too hyper too sleep!
kevdog161
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 06:15 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (lawnecon @ Aug 20 2006, 10:53 PM)
[QUOTE=omachoomar,Aug 20 2006, 09:50 PM] where in the law
Kevdog - I assume as long as it doesn't look like you just rolled out of bed and refrain from wearing anything that's obviously inappropriate, you should be fine. I doubt footwear matters too much, but doing all that walking in flip-flops might not be fun; however, I don't really wear them, so I wouldn't know.

I tend to wear nothing but flip flops all summer, so I'm used to being in them all day long and even walking pretty great distances in them if I am at the shore. I think that I'll wear them today. I definitely won't look like a slob so I'm sure it's no big deal.
« Next Oldest | Villanova School of Law | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1921 seconds | Archive