zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Villanova Law. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Schedule
lawnecon
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 02:46 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

For anyone who is interested, Villanova posted the orientation schedule on-line:

http://www.law.vill.edu/studentservices/st...orientation.asp

It looks like we'll have a little reading and a short assignment to do before orientation - The material can be downloaded from the above website as well.
Bronz
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 04:26 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

I think we should all meet up the weekend before and go out for drinks to make orientation much easier.

I say we pick a central bar and meet up the Friday before. I am also willing to go out again on Saturday with whoever is interested. If I am up there before that Friday I'll also meet up with whoever else is at the school. But I think we should have one big bar day to meet each other before orientation.
matts720
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 08:57 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Seems like I actually have to buy a shirt, tie, and dress pants for the reception on Day 2.
Bronz
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 09:16 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (matts720 @ Jul 13 2006, 08:57 PM)
Seems like I actually have to buy a shirt, tie, and dress pants for the reception on Day 2.

I thought we had to wear a suit.
kevdog161
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 09:37 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Bronz @ Jul 13 2006, 09:16 PM)

awesome. i bought a new suit in december and i look pretty good in it. as for drinks...lets do it like the thursday before orientation, if not even before that once or twice. i have no work from july 21 on, and will be living down here. but i'm pretty sure i'm going to the shore the weekend immediately prior to the orientation. one last blowout shore weekend.
lawnecon
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 11:18 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Bronz @ Jul 13 2006, 09:16 PM)

I think they said business attire - I doubt anyone will throw you out if you're dressed nicely but not in a suit. That said, to avoid looking awkward, it probably would be a good idea to at least wear a jacket.
BigHurt
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 12:50 PM

Member No.: 17

We should all plan to meet somewhere on campus and stroll in there together. It would be pretty funny to see the rest of the 1L class clueless as to what goes on while feigning comaraderie with each other. A good way to induce shock and inferiority amongst unsuspecting students!

[I started this post with facetious intentions, but I kinda like the sound of it now that I've said it.]
Bronz
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 03:10 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (BigHurt @ Jul 14 2006, 12:50 PM)
It would be pretty funny to see the rest of the 1L class clueless as to what goes on while feigning comaraderie with each other.

This is exactly why I think we should all meet up before orientation. It seems like those days will have a lot of confusion amongst most so it would make things a lot easier if you already knew a few people.
kevdog161
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 01:57 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bronz @ Jul 14 2006, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (BigHurt @ Jul 14 2006, 12:50 PM)
It would be pretty funny to see the rest of the 1L class clueless as to what goes on while feigning comaraderie with each other.

This is exactly why I think we should all meet up before orientation. It seems like those days will have a lot of confusion amongst most so it would make things a lot easier if you already knew a few people.

Hell yeah. When are you guys moving in? Like I said, I'm moving apartments August 2nd or something, and I'm unemployed with nothing to do between July 21 and Orientation.

I'll gladly go out and start getting to know people well in advance of school. It would genuiniely make it an easier process to start school with some peeps so in most situations the first week or two, we don't have to worry about looking like clueless tools wondering who to talk to in the room/seminar/whatver.
Matty B
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 09:30 PM

Member No.: 12

All this drink talk is making me thirsty. What did you all have in mind as far as meeting up and getting drinks? I am in for whatever we come up with. Sounds like a great time. And I agree the best part will all be walking in together at the reception.
kevdog161
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 09:39 PM

Advanced Member

Basically, I figure everyone will be moved in at some point in August. Once that happens and we're all settled...there will be a bunch of opportunities to meet up before classes start.
« Next Oldest | Orientation | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2851 seconds | Archive