The Old Republic

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Old Republic: Golden Era. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Old Republic
Featured Character:
Mal Jenkins

The Old Republic RPG

[Rules]
[Consequences]
[FAQ]
[Newbie Guide]

Quick News:
The boards are open for roleplaying!

Admins: Feerse. Apollo
**Click A Name Above To Go To Their Profile**

ID Renewal

RPG Date: 45 ABK, 2315 BBY
The Golden Era

**Click above to see the timeline**

[T h e C u r r e n t S t o r y l i n e]

Member Color Codes
Jedi, Republic, Sith, Criminals, Gray Jedi, Other
**Click A Faction Above To Go To Their Base If They Have One**

Just Another Day, open
Anja
Posted: Aug 29 2009, 04:39 PM

Group Icon

Group: Other
Member No.: 3,269

Anja walked down the small street towards the diner. It was rather windy which made it chilly outside, so to keep warm, Anja pulled her coat tighter around herself. Maria and Candy, her roommates and best friends, were already at the diner, having caught an earlier transport.

Once inside, Anja made her way to the break room, hung her coat up and clocked in. She already had her uniform on, which was a light blue dress (knee length) with a frilly white apron. The shoes were Anja's choice, just simple black flats. Anja caught a vision of herself in a mirror in the break room. Her boss always chose such odd uniforms. What made the situation even weirder, every female waitress wore a different version of the same dress, so none of them looked alike...So what makes it a uniform...?, Anja often wondered.

Once out in the diner area, Anja noted the few customers. They were all regulars at the moment, but it was getting close to lunch time, so there would be a few more coming in. Anja sat down at a booth and began to make silverware bundles. Maria was waiting on a few people behind the long counter at the front, while Candy gossiped with Anja from the hostess stand. "So, Anja, what do you think of this crazy weather? Yesterday it was like, soooo hot, and now its cold and windy!!" Anja shrugged, she really didn't care, but decided to indulge Candy, "I dunno, i rather like it when its cold." Candy agreed and was going to continue, when some customers walked in and she rushed to seat them. Anja was nearly done with bundling all the silverware when Candy returned. "Oh my god Anja, you know when i went to the club last night?" Candy asked, slamming her hands on the table. Anja nodded. "Well, i had atleast two shots and met this really hot guy on the dance floor. He said he owned a ski resort...or did he work at one?...anyways, he said we could come any time...and then we started making out..." Candy gazed off out the window next to the booth. Anja rolled her eyes, "Why do you do that with guys who won't remember you the next day? And i doubt he owns a ski resort." Candy laughed, "I was drunk, thats why i did it...and i think he might've worked at one if not owned it...anyways, you should join me next time Anja...it would be fun." Anja laughed and shook her head, "Oh i doubt that...the last time i went with you to a club, it was the most uncomfortable experience of my whole adult life." Candy was about to reply when their boss, none other than "stinky larry" himself, called for her to help train a new girl. Anja brought the bucket full of bundled up silverware to the hostess stand, slid it onto the bottom shelf, and then leaned on the front of the stand and stared out the front double doors. Through the glass, she saw people walking past, some with shopping bags, others with briefcases. Some had children with them, others were with friends. Anja wondered if life seemed so simple to them.

This post has been edited by Anja on Aug 29 2009, 04:43 PM
Zyx Cba
Posted: Aug 30 2009, 01:25 PM

Group Icon

Group: Republic
Member No.: 3,271

Zyx had been working at the Republic Institute. He was training some new recruits to the Republic Navy on basic flying procedures. Some of them were taking it very well, others were sweating beyond belief, hoping not to screw up their first day at the institute. Zyx had himself a laugh, recognizing that he was one of the sure ones. He wondered if there was another flying prodigy within the recruits in front of him.

After he finished with the basics, Zyx went on his lunch break. Typically he would go to the Flaming Gizka around the corner from the Institute, but today he was feeling in a different mood. I always go to the Flaming Gizka...I think I'll try something new today. He continued walking past his favorite restaurant, wondering where he might find a nice place to sit down.

Around the corner he noticed a small diner. Not quite buzzing with activity just yet, but it seemed relatively promising. He walked over to the diner and opened the double-doors. He took a quick peek around and noticed that there were a few people in there. And at a second glance, he saw an extremely attractive young waitress at the hostess stand.

Instantly, as if by natural reaction, he put on his most handsome smile and walked right up to her. "Ya know, you seem pretty trustworthy. Do you think I'd enjoy this place better than the Flaming Gizka?"
Anja
Posted: Aug 30 2009, 01:57 PM

Group Icon

Anja had noticed the man walk through the doors and had straightened up. She recognized his rather handsome smile and smiled back at him. He asked her if she thought he would like this place better than the Flaming Gizka. She laughed slightly, "Well, i have never been to the Flaming Gizka, but the food here isn't too horrible...though, i must admit, i haven't tried everything on the menu." By the way the man was dressed, he looked as though he worked for the Republic, but she wasn't too familiar with the military. Naval maybe...., she thought. She grabbed a menu and a bundle of silverware and motioned for him to follow her over to a booth, keeping her head down and giving little eye contact as she did so. After placing the menu and bundle on the table, she glanced over at Candy and Maria, the only other two waitresses in the diner at the moment. Maria was trying to help a customer make up his mind about what he wanted to order, while Candy trained the new girl, and gossiped with her. Turning to the man, Anja said, "My name is Anastasia Frank, you may call me Anja though, and i will be your waitress this fine afternoon." This time, however, she did give him eye contact for a few seconds but quickly focused herself on taking out her notepad and a pen from her apron. Anja hoped she didn't offend the man, it was just that she was a rather shy girl. She silently hoped the man would give her his name in return, but it was ok if he didn't.

This post has been edited by Anja on Aug 30 2009, 02:01 PM
Zyx Cba
Posted: Aug 30 2009, 04:35 PM

Group Icon

Zyx chuckled when she said that she hadn't tried everything on the menu. The beauty of the woman seemed to dazzle him slightly, and he couldn't quite stay on top of his game for a second. But he regained his confidence as she led him over to a table. He took notice of her looking over to the other waitresses. Hmm, either she wants out of this situation or she wants to make sure she's the only one in it. Let's hope it's the latter. He smiled to himself.

She told Zyx her name was Anastasia Frank. "Anastasia. That's a beautiful name." He took his seat and she got out her notepad, obviously trying to avoid eye contact. "Enchantée. My name is Zyx Cba. It's a pleasure." He stuck out his hand, so that she might shake it. She then looked him straight in the eyes. Her eyes were beyond gorgeous. Zyx almost lost himself in them.

"So, Miss Anastasia Frank, what would you recommend to a lad like myself."
Anja
Posted: Aug 30 2009, 09:32 PM

Group Icon

Anja blushed slightly and gave him a small smile when Zyx complimented her name. Zyx offered his hand to her so that she would shake it, and Anja did so, however shyly. "The pleasure is all mine Mr. Cba." Anja realized that her hand probably felt cold in his hand, since her body took a bit longer to warm up from the chill outside. Zyx then asked her what she would recommend to him from the menu. Leaning over slightly so that she could see the menu, however Anja made sure that she didn't hover over Zyx. The menu looked different to her than what it normally did. "Ugh, the boss changes the menus here so often, its difficult to keep up on whats all offered anymore. He wants to keep things "hip and fresh" i suppose." Anja looked over the menu quickly, then gave her recommendations to Zyx. "Well, it looks like he has kept the stew, its like a vegetable medley sort of thing with meat and potatoes. Its not too bad actually, very good on a chilly day like today. I wouldn't eat the specials, since our boss makes them himself and we're never told what they are or whats in them. The sandwiches are pretty good as well." Anja glanced at him, then turned her attention back to the menu. "Neither the stew or sandwiches take long to make, since i'm guessing you are on your lunch break?" She allowed herself to look at him once more. Anja hadn't met very many men, and none of the ones she did meet seemed interested in her, atleast not from her perspective. This guy is probably just being nice...like most customers...., Anja thought. She then bit her lip, "Sir, i hope you don't think of me as nosy, but, what is it you do...you look like you work for the Republic?" Anja felt herself blush from asking such a forward question, but it would drive her nuts if she didn't find out.

This post has been edited by Anja on Aug 30 2009, 09:40 PM
Zyx Cba
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 09:49 PM

Group Icon

Zyx was all smiles, especially when Anja took his hand. He felt the cold of her skin penetrate his warmth. He almost wanted to cup her hands in his own to warm them up for her. Something did not quite feel right, though. He found himself wanting to truly be genuine with this woman, not just flirt around with her.

But that wouldn't quite stop him from flirting.

Anja leaned down in front of him in order to take a better look at the menu. Zyx could tell she was intentionally trying not to invade his personal bubble. However, Zyx did not mind the few times she swayed a tad too far to the right and grazed his arm. In his position, he was able to see a great profile shot of Anja. He did not disrepect his position, but he could not help but to notice the delicate curves of her body. He felt his mind slowly drift off into a daydream as she looked over the menu.

She broke his daydream with her suggestions. Zyx honestly no longer cared what he ate. He just wanted to spend more time with this woman. But he figured he had to play it cool to keep interest. "I am indeed on my lunch break. I'll take the stew, and surprise me with a sandwich. The one you would eat. I have to test whether you really do have good taste." He winked at her, to make sure she both knew he was joking, and also that he was interested, and not just being nice.

Zyx had expected her to take off toward the kitchen, but instead she stayed there looking at him. Hmm, he thought, maybe she is interested as well. She asked him a question about his vocation. "Yes, ma'am. Captain Zyx Cba of the Republic Navy. But no need to rush, I have a long lunch break." Again he smiled at Anja, but this time he tried to be a little less as a customer, and a little more as a friend.
Anja
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 11:16 PM

Group Icon

Anja wrote down his order on her notepad. She blushed when he winked at her. When she asked him about his job, he replied that he was indeed part of the Republic Navy, as well as a Captain. Anja smiled and looked down, "I've never met a Naval officer before..." She was slightly embarrassed she had said that and to cover up for it she continued, "I'll um...go put your order in sir." She had turned around and was walking toward the kitchen when he said that there wasn't any rush, that he had a long lunch break. At his words, she kept heading towards the kitchen, but smiled to herself.

Upon entering the kitchen and clipping his order to an area above the cooks, Candy cornered her. "Oh my god...he was checking you out." Candy said immediately. Before Anja could say anything, Candy continued, "I watched you from here...i saw him wink at you." Anja blushed, rubbing her left arm, "Candy, he was just being nice i am sure..." Candy shook her head, "No no...he winked at you...and was flirting...trust me, i know...do you know what i would do to have a guy look at me the way he was looking at you?" Anja put her hands up in a mocking defense motion, "Candy, i honestly don't want to know what you would do." Candy mocked a hurt look, then shrugged her shoulders, "Eh, fair enough." Before Anja had time to realize what was happening, Candy shoved her friend out of the kitchen's double doors and yelled, "Hey larry!! Anja is going on her break!!!" Larry's acknowledgement came muffled from the back of the diner.

Anja whirled back at Candy, "What are you doing?" Candy shoved her friend forward a bit more, "Go talk to him!" she whispered. Anja's face was a mixture of confusion and panic, "What do i say? I can't just go over there and sit down, thats rude." Candy shrugged, "I dunno...make small talk."

Anja took a deep breath, turned around, and walked back over to Zyx's table. "Uh, i just put that order in for you...it won't take long...the cooks are usually good at getting the food out within a reasonable time period." Her shyness almost prevented her from getting the following sentence out. She glanced back at Candy for some sign of what to do, Candy only gave her an enthusiastic thumbs up. Anja looked at Zyx and took a deep breath, "Umm...may i sit down?"
Zyx Cba
Posted: Sep 7 2009, 04:48 PM

Group Icon

Zyx noticed that Anja blushed a lot when he spoke to her. Naturally, he took it just as it was intended. He could tell Anja was at least somewhat interested, and now he wanted to get to know her better. Unfortunately she probably had to work all day, so if anything were to spark it had to right about now. Anja made a shy comment about never meeting a naval officer before. Zyx retorted, "Well, I've never met such a pretty waitress before. Looks like it's our lucky day." He again flashed a smile as she walked toward the kitchen.

Wow, he thought, almost sighing back in his chair. I can't believe how amazing she looks. I really have to be genuine here. Who knows what might happen? Zyx looked over to the kitchen, and heard two girls talking, muffled behind the door. He swore he heard the words 'winked' and 'flirting,' and soon after the double doors swung open and a boistrous lady was yelling that Anja was going on her break.

Perfect. Zyx would invite her to sit down and get to know her. He wanted to see what this woman was like. Maybe she could be right for him.

Anja approached Zyx's table, and noted that the food would be out shortly. "I'll take your word for it." Zyx took a second to collect his thoughts. The last thing he wanted to do was accidently let the wrong word slip and close the door on this possible relationship. Zyx was in the process of opening his mouth to ask Anja to sit when she beat Zyx to the punch. Zyx was taken aback, as he had not expected this shy waitress to take the first step. Of course, Zyx accepted her proposal and stood to pull out her chair for her to sit.

Zyx returned to his seat, locking eyes with Anja. He sat down extremely slow, almost as if time slowed down to make the moment as long as possible. Then, he opened his mouth to speak. "Pardon me for skipping small talk, but I've been wondering this since the second I saw you. What is such a beautiful lady doing serving food at a diner?"
Anja
Posted: Sep 7 2009, 07:12 PM

Group Icon

Anja grinned when Zyx pulled out a chair for her to sit in, "Such a gentleman." She smirked. Anja took her seat, meeting Zyx's eyes. He has very nice eyes..., she noted. Zxy then asked why such a beautiful woman like her was a diner waitress.

Upon the word "beautiful", Anja's smiled faded a bit, but she quickly returned it to its former enthusiasm. Why am i still working here... "Truthfully, i am not sure. I guess its a job thats just...stuck. My mother never approved of me working here, she always said it was too dodgy...but my father was a businessman, he believed it was important for me to make my own money. I guess i am not really useful for much else." Anja realized just then that she said more than was really needed. Wincing and looking down at her hands folded on the table, she apologized, "Sorry...i sometimes talk to much..."

There was a few seconds of silence, until Anja asked, "Pardon me for being so forward, but...why did a really nice guy like you choose to work in the Republic Navy?" She had meant to say "handsome" but her nervousness only allowed her to say "nice." She hoped she had not upset him, she really was interested in him, even if she hadn't completely recognized that yet.

This post has been edited by Anja on Sep 20 2009, 06:49 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Back to Top ^^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
Copyright© 2005-2009 The Old Republic

None of the member-created contents of this web site - whether it be text, HTML, or graphic images - may be mirrored, reproduced, or displayed in whole or in part on another web page or web site (whatever the nature or purpose) or in any publication or collection of widespread circulation, whether offline or online (whatever the nature or purpose) unless specifically given permission by the owner and said permission can be proven.

WhatIsCopyright

Skin Omadawn created by Nephos of the IFSZ