The Old Republic

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Old Republic: Golden Era. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Old Republic
Featured Character:
Mal Jenkins

The Old Republic RPG

[Rules]
[Consequences]
[FAQ]
[Newbie Guide]

Quick News:
The boards are open for roleplaying!

Admins: Feerse. Apollo
**Click A Name Above To Go To Their Profile**

ID Renewal

RPG Date: 45 ABK, 2315 BBY
The Golden Era

**Click above to see the timeline**

[T h e C u r r e n t S t o r y l i n e]

Member Color Codes
Jedi, Republic, Sith, Criminals, Gray Jedi, Other
**Click A Faction Above To Go To Their Base If They Have One**

Say What?
Feerse
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 04:32 AM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

Group: Gray Jedi Admin
Member No.: 1

This is Ryan. Feerse.

I just spent two hours. Rummaging through the site. Reading old topics. Reading topics where I was a dick, a powerplayer, a god-modder, a biased voter, an emotional sore loser, etc.

I read topics of TOR closing. Closing to become a discussion site.

So many: "It was good while it lasted"s, "It's time to let go"s, "It's as great as it ever could be"s, and "It's over"s.

I read a post where Oboe said the staff would feel better not having to handle the good ol' staff jobs.

WHO
AM
I
KIDDING!?

You only lose something that you fail to keep an eye on. I failed to keep an eye on TOR, and so it was lost to me. But not now. Now, I have a new agenda. An agenda that I was too young to understand and too power hungry to endure.

Some of you may say that TOR has lived and died. It's been reborn at least twice already, and has consequently died again. Some may say that we should just let TOR die as it has, and remember it when it was great.

NOT
ME!

It's been over two years since TOR closed. It's a long time. I guarantee a lot of members probably changed their emails. Didn't get a restart message. Some probably don't care. I know a few that must at least be 24 now. Too old to care.

I'm never too old to care about Star Wars. I'll never be embarassed.

I think it's time we really bring TOR back. Not just for a month to get the old feeling back. I mean BRING IT BACK! This time, with no god-modding, no powerplaying. I'm talking true fairness. No more will the staff rule everything and care none about the new members. No longer will a fleet be amassed to destroy an entire planet.

This is a new TOR. A TOR that says, "If you want it, then baby it's waiting for you."

Do you want TOR back? Do you want to have a place where you can just let your stresses and problems float away as you explore the Star Wars universe in a timeline where nothing is decided and everything is possible?

Post here. Let me know you want it! If you want it, if you need it, I will be more than happy to make it happen.

With a new TOR, there will be less focus on rule following. Less focus on just how good you are, and instead a focus on you, the member, the lone character in the universe looking for their purpose in the galaxy. A focus on you and making you happy...making sure you click the red X in the upper-right corner of the screen before you leave the computer, saying, "Damn it feels great to be there again."

~Feerse
NYC:Adam Vainclar
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 04:49 AM

Divide Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Not Yet Chosen
Member No.: 720

:/ I dunno. TOR had a lot of shit on it. I know several people that wouldn't come back, but I know several new people who would join. Go post this on SGO and see what the few oldies left on there say.
NYC:Kankura
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 12:21 PM

Master Duelist/Teilen Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 457

Feerse. It is good to see you. This is Ounas / Kyrias. I 'll help get things in order if you need me. I've been running SGO for a while, If you need our help let me know. I also have a ton of SW images and banners and content from the SW site i was creating but ended up scraping.

There really has not been a Good SW RP out there. Trust me I have looked. I think it is a perfect time to put this together. Also With the SWTOR Game coming out as an MMO. There will be players that will want to RP. I'm in a guild for the game and there is a Bit of RPing going on and the response is actually high for it.

Let me know. I would like to see the site rebuilt with the foundations your talking about.

Pm me

Take care.
NYC:Ne'tra Kyr'am
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 01:10 PM

Last of the Four Horsemen-DEATH
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

This Jaster. I gotta give you alot of points for guts Feerse. I'm twenty two and I admit that I've always wished TOR had never ended. It was the best SW RPG I ever had the pleasure of serving on. I've got alot of things going on in the real world now, but if I have the time and you actually get this going....

I'll give you my support and a veteren RPer.

Even if this attempt doesn't make it.... atleast you had the guts to try and that always counts in my book.

~Jaster Mereel
Hellion Tempest
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 02:29 PM

Sith happens
Group Icon

Group: Sith
Member No.: 769

QUOTE (Kankura @ Aug 2 2009, 06:21 PM)
There really has not been a Good SW RP out there.

You haven't looked very well, Sean. Me, Versh and Sammi are on one at the moment.

Anyway, after thinking, I'll join if it restarts. Not with any of my old characters though.
Lexar Lerr
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 02:42 PM

The Nethercloak
Group Icon

Group: Gray Jedi
Member No.: 751

Feerse,

I know you left right before I joined the site, but I have to say I was incredibly sad when it died. I had only been a member for a few months and was just getting into the heart of my character when I had to let him go. I had the pleasure of role-playing with everyone who was there at the end, and if you bring it back, I'll return as well. I have a lot of experience with invisionfree and other forum set-ups, so if you need any assistance with stuff besides regular member stuff, I can help with that too. If not, keep sending me the e-mails and I hope the site is active soon.

-Lex
NYC:Darth Konn
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 10:30 PM

The Dark One
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

If you need me for Staff stuff, I'm here.

I'll probably be around as an RPer. And by probably I mean maybe. Not sure if I want to RP at the moment. Stupid shit like people not being able to discuss issues kinda ruins things.

Apparently I'm still an asshole, though. I thought I was getting better, but I guess not. So, if shit goes down, shit goes down.
Feerse
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 10:54 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

I've made my decision.

I WILL NOT be restarting TOR. It is too much work, too much hassle.

JUST KIDDING!
I will be restarting the site within the week. I plan to rid the site of almost all topics. All bios, etc. will be gone. I might just make a specific forum to put all the bios under in case. We'll see.

But yep. I don't care about activity right now. I just want to have fun and roleplay Star Wars.

Let's have some fun!
Feerse
Posted: Aug 2 2009, 11:26 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

And just for the record:

I've been reading up on a lot of the topics that brought the staff-member relationships to extreme lows.

I've got nothing against running a democracy. I am going to put staff-member relationships at the top of my list, I want to have fun with this, not fight all the time like we used to.

Secondly, as for what happens In-Character, I've learned the hard way that this is just a game. If you lose or something, it's going to be okay. I've made the mistake of whining about losing before. Ha, I went to the literal dark side. Trust me, it'll be okay, so no fighting about in-character things.

Thirdly, I've heard from a lot of past members recently that TOR has in some way ruined their RP will. I apologize, and I know I'm to blame for a lot of it. But I am so willing now to run a happy, fun site. A game, not a lifestyle. I want to enjoy Star Wars and pretend I really am Nayr Enaek.

Fourthly, and probably most importantly, I am going to keep a keen eye out for powerplaying this time around, ESPECIALLY from staff members. I know, more than anyone else from TOR, what having control of the board can do to your wants and needs of your character. ((I feel like I am literally going from dark to light hah)). I will promise to keep an eye out, and make sure no more problems occur from silly rule-breaking or out-of-thin-air fleets and whatnot.

And last, but not least, I am going to keep a friendly contact with all members. I plan I doing a door-to-door check up through PMs as often as possible, as well as monitoring and maintaining a healthy and civilized support center. I want you to be happy. I don't want to ruin your views of Star Wars as I already have to others.

---

And to close out, I plan on completely revamping the site. Most rules will stay, and a lot of the places and timeline, however I want this to be a new TOR. One that's comfortable for old members, and alive and exciting for new members.

If you have any ideas for Plots, Rules, Layouts, Additions, Mini-Games, Fun Things, or other Aspects of the new TOR, please PM me with one of the above categories as the title. I really do want to see what you all can come up with.

++++++

And on a completely separate note, to the people who wish to help in the reconstruction and maintenance of TOR: I am more than happy that you are willing to help. For right now, I am going to be the only Admin so I can set things up and make things neat ((but don't be afraid to suggest something or offer help, still. greatly appreciated)). Once we get started, I'll keep an eye out for people who seem to be with me and relatively knowledged and active to add to the staff.

Once again, STAFF-MEMBER RELATIONS. My main goal.

Sorry for long post. Here's something fun :banana:

~Feerse
You can also contact me through email at ryan_keane@comcast.net
NYC:Kankura
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 10:20 AM

Master Duelist/Teilen Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 457

QUOTE (Hellion Tempest @ Aug 2 2009, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (Kankura @ Aug 2 2009, 06:21 PM)
There really has not been a Good SW RP out there.

You haven't looked very well, Sean. Me, Versh and Sammi are on one at the moment.

Anyway, after thinking, I'll join if it restarts. Not with any of my old characters though.

Well I guess i haven't. =(

Still TOR was better than any SW RP There was made recently anyway. There have been numerous attempts but none have worked out as well.

----

Also Id agree with the Staff Idea. For now it's best if you alone do things, muddling with democratic issues especially at the foundation of doing things will only slow you down.
Hellion Tempest
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 03:24 PM

Sith happens
Group Icon

One suggestion: No Did I's. Just trust people not to be douches/assholes. The Did I system slowed down the RP and put too much dependence on the staff.
Church
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 05:54 PM

Night Angel
Group Icon

Group: Other Admin
Member No.: 66

Did I's aren't bad. What's bad is asking if you managed to kill a single NPC guard... Ya, that's bad.

At any rate, I'm in. If you need a staffer, I'm in on that one too. And for the RPing, definitely. I'll probably keep Church retired though; too much power there really. :P

I've got a few ideas too though. Let me know if you need anyone else and I'll throw them out there.

Good to see this is gonna make another attempt. I've been out of RPing for a while, even though I've tried to get back in to it on a number of occasions. It's just never the same.
Feerse
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 10:55 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

Did I's will definitely be staying in some form. I think it really made us unique, as before TOR I don't think anyone had the "Did I" process, or at least not as mapped out as we did six years ago.

Though it is neat to see how it has spread. I've recently gone on many RPs with the Did I intact in some form or fashion.

I do understand what you mean by the delays and staff involvement. I am in the process of revamping the ideas and seeing if there's ways that can make it stronger, quicker, etc.
NYC:Oboe Falcon
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 02:04 AM

Con Artist and Gambler
Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Haha! I'm really excited by the prospect of TOR starting up once again. Unfortunately, I have far less free time than I use to have (which was hardly any to begin with), so I can't commit to really being a consistent RPer, but I guarantee that I'll be keeping an eye on the site. It'll be cool to see the old gang back together.
Hellion Tempest
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 02:58 AM

Sith happens
Group Icon

The only two sites I know of that use the Did I system (Stargate: Oblivion and Sithspawn) use it for things that are way too minor. It steals creativity and puts control of a thread in the hands of the the staff. If Did I's stay, make sure it's only for the most important things like killing someone or turning the tide of a battle.
Mal Jenkins
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 04:15 AM

Thieving Scum
Group Icon

Group: Criminal
Member No.: 363

Hey guys.

I was never exactly one of the big guns around here, but i have long missed this site. Seeing so many old faces again is also pretty cool.

But Im definately in, and ill see if i can get the Pantheress in too.
The Pantheress
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 06:30 AM

Lady of Shadow and Mystery
Group Icon

Group: Criminal
Member No.: 25

Mal indeed has brought me back - alas I don't check my old email anymore, otherwise I would have beat him to it. I really haven't seen an RP site before or since TOR that has given me the same level of excitement, enjoyment and absolute immersion. We really lived our characters back in the Old Days (I think that was part of the reason everybody ended up getting so tetchy).

A few revisals and a few more years of wisdom for our Admin/s and I'm sure this place will be even better than before.

Good to see you all again :)
Church
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 03:40 PM

Night Angel
Group Icon

Excellent! I'm getting all excited... lol. Now we just need Alonia and a few others to get back in here. :P

QUOTE (Darth Konn @ Aug 2 2009, 10:30 PM)
If you need me for Staff stuff, I'm here.

I'll probably be around as an RPer. And by probably I mean maybe. Not sure if I want to RP at the moment. Stupid shit like people not being able to discuss issues kinda ruins things.

Apparently I'm still an asshole, though. I thought I was getting better, but I guess not. So, if shit goes down, shit goes down.

Ya know, you're still an asshole. However, I think I'd be a little freaked out if you came back acting all nice and do-goody, so whatever. I think we can put up with it.
Feerse
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 05:08 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

Alonia has made it clear that she will not be returning.

So have a few others. That's alright though. We will certainly get some good new active members.
Church
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 11:48 PM

Night Angel
Group Icon

Ya, I figured Alonia wouldn't be coming back. That's cool though. Maybe I'll be able to convince her eventually.... :P

And I think I have some people who'd be looking for something like this. I'll put the word out once it's all set up and ready to go.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Back to Top ^^^

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
Copyright© 2005-2009 The Old Republic

None of the member-created contents of this web site - whether it be text, HTML, or graphic images - may be mirrored, reproduced, or displayed in whole or in part on another web page or web site (whatever the nature or purpose) or in any publication or collection of widespread circulation, whether offline or online (whatever the nature or purpose) unless specifically given permission by the owner and said permission can be proven.

WhatIsCopyright

Skin Omadawn created by Nephos of the IFSZ