The Old Republic

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Old Republic: Golden Era. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Old Republic
Featured Character:
Mal Jenkins

The Old Republic RPG

[Rules]
[Consequences]
[FAQ]
[Newbie Guide]

Quick News:
The boards are open for roleplaying!

Admins: Feerse. Apollo
**Click A Name Above To Go To Their Profile**

ID Renewal

RPG Date: 45 ABK, 2315 BBY
The Golden Era

**Click above to see the timeline**

[T h e C u r r e n t S t o r y l i n e]

Member Color Codes
Jedi, Republic, Sith, Criminals, Gray Jedi, Other
**Click A Faction Above To Go To Their Base If They Have One**

Fourth Review
Feerse
Posted: Aug 7 2006, 10:53 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

Group: Gray Jedi Admin
Member No.: 1

All Ratings are out of 10...

Number of Members - 7
Number of Posts - 10
Number of Active Members - 7
Originality - 7
Quality of Categories - 6
Good Adminship - 7
Good Moderators - 5
Variation of Forums - 7
Layout - 4
Appearance - 5
Overall Rating - 6

The skin you are using is one that I don't see very often, which is great on your part however something seems to be wrong with it, the ends of the maintitle seem to cut off and I do believe it's not supposed to do that. The left border also appears not to be working hence the box with the red 'x', you should try putting the codes for the skin in again, that may help because you could have accidentally messed up the coding while putting in another code of some type. The forum markers match the style and the skin very well, they are a bit dull though and could use some more style - the edges also seem a tad choppy. I love the posting buttons, the smoothness of them is excellent, the small buttons also match fairly well too. The team icons on the other hand, do not. They lack style and quality, it just seems to be a beveled shape with bad text on it. It breaks the flow of the graphics and the skin, I suggest if you aren't changing the skin any time soon, that you get some new team icons. There are also some defaults on your skin, for example the folder icons - but those can be a very quick fix. The banner also lacks just like the team icons, the width of the banner doesn't match the width of the skin, thus leaving white at each ends of it. Try finding the width of the forum, and creating a new banner that's smoother and has a better flow.

The amount of forums I'm afriad to say is ridiculous, there is far too many. My first and main suggestion would be to cut down on them, use sub forums more often and cut the forums that aren't gaining a lot of activity anymore. It is very hard to navigate this forum. In general, your layout should be presented like this: The first category should be for the announements of the forum, suggestions, questions, etc - community discussion. Your middle forums should consist of forums and categories that relate to your main theme, which would be the roleplay and such - however, I do suggest making a seperate category for all roleplay discussion, such as 'main story lines', 'character bio's, etc. That should make things a lot easier. I love how you go in detail in the descriptions with the roleplay forums, but that is creating an even bigger layout because the text stretches it a little. The main thing you need to work on is cutting back on the number of forums, when members go to join, they may decide not to because the layout is so overwhelming.

Activity on the forum is decent, however a lot of the forums you have seem to lack it. As suggested above, making sub forums would definately help with this as well, because with topics merged into one forum, it should appear more active. There are posts dating back to at least two months back, try increasing activity by holding regular competitions, a posting competition would definately help you out. If you find that it doesn't work or you can't gain much activity through your members, encourage staff to start posting in the forums that aren't very active, and eventually members should start posting as well. I also noticed that you're only global moderator has two posts, that definately is not good - they need to be posting a lot more. As for your only moderator, they haven't been active in quite a while, you need to warn them about their activity on the forums, or demote them. Good luck, thank you for waiting for your review and choosing IF Skin Zone.
NYC:Kankura
Posted: Aug 8 2006, 12:04 AM

Master Duelist/Teilen Master
Group Icon

Group: Not Yet Chosen
Member No.: 457

Overall its a good review....i say we kick it up a notch and get posting!
Drinian Kharlos
Posted: Aug 19 2006, 05:23 PM

Legend | Master of Dreams
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 136

Regarding the skin:

I tried :(
NYC:Rakundo
Posted: Aug 19 2006, 05:29 PM

Jedi Master
Group Icon

Group: Not Yet Chosen
Member No.: 678

I don't think it's ridicilous of these many forums. I think this site is capable of managing these forums with this amount of members, and as far as I can see from first view, there are enough active members to support the big amount of forums. I actually like the big amount, gives more freedom of where to go, but the reviewer probably doesn't understand you can put a planet, in a planet. He says we need to use sub-forums, so we need to make a sub-forum in Byss entitling Coruscant? I vote "No" for that comment, but in overall, good review.
Feerse
Posted: Aug 5 2009, 08:43 PM

Galactic Mentor
Group Icon

Group: Gray Jedi Admin
Member No.: 1

This is an automated message.

This is to clean the forum and keep out old threads that have out lived their usefulness to this forum. Also this is for any spam that may come up on the site.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Back to Top ^^^

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
Copyright© 2005-2009 The Old Republic

None of the member-created contents of this web site - whether it be text, HTML, or graphic images - may be mirrored, reproduced, or displayed in whole or in part on another web page or web site (whatever the nature or purpose) or in any publication or collection of widespread circulation, whether offline or online (whatever the nature or purpose) unless specifically given permission by the owner and said permission can be proven.

WhatIsCopyright

Skin Omadawn created by Nephos of the IFSZ