Skin .Wiredvage designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.
Welcome to Divine Guidance. Please leave your name, address, phone number, social security number, birth certificate, credit card number, bank access accounts, and all other important information with the secretary at the front desk. Thank you for your time and life. -The Management

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Hallowed Grounds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Desert of Deceit, "Living is a gift. Don't lose it."
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 09:11 PM

Vassal of Oblivion, Slayer of Gods

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Master Kamon only has two rules. 1: Never hurt the innocent. Even if this means harm must come to you, those who you are not paid to kill need not die. If your life is threatened, it is another matter entirely.
2: Always get the truth. Do your research, find answers, get the knowledge you need to make sure your actions are right. If you find yourself in the wrong because you didn't get the truth, then you are on your own.

If any of the recruits, members, even other Masters broke one or both of these rules, they are considered outsiders for the remainder of their mission, and no help nor aid will be offered to make their finishing of the job easier. If caught, we deny all knowing of this member, and they face the consequences by themselves.

I suppose this is where I'm supposed to say that that's how I went wrong, but it's not. I followed the rules. I did what was right. Master Kamon was pleased.
But I didn't count on one little detail when I returned: That the King of Ezaris had two daughters. And they, while not corrupt like their father, were merciless as rulers. I was hunted back to Cernunnos, and my Lord fought back. We killed many in war, and now I have conflict: as Regent of Ezaris, I'm opposed by many, even if many others accept me. And I still have no idea how to run a country. I'm surprised Master Kamon can be both Lord of Cernunnos and a Master Assassin. I'm finding it hard just to spend time with my forced bride, the elder of the girls. She hates me, but she fears death even more. Wonder how long that will last...

-Excerpt from the Royal Journal of Regent Oreas

Two days had passed since he'd been attacked. Two days with guards at his door, his window, his table, his side. It pissed him off badly that these peasant soldiers thought him so weak; as an Assassin, and as a Bengal Tiger, he was a fierce fighter. He could kill all of these guards before one realized they were all dead. And now all this security was making him late for his meeting with a fellow Assassin for a status report on finding out who sent the fool who failed to kill not only him, but his bride, as well. Bitch had finally warmed up to him a bit when she saw him cut clean through the attacker's jugular with only one claw.

--------------------
"I will not have either of my Master Assassins looking like I just fucking drowned their goldfish." -Lord Kamon Evertas, 38
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 09:44 PM

I am become Death; The Destroyer of Worlds

Group: Co-admins
Member No.: 15

He's late. Unlike him, what could be keeping him from our meeting? The attack was easily thwarted so there's no reason for his not being here yet. I will wait longer, after The War patience is my strongest ally.
- Excerpt from the Journal of the Spectre of Oreas

I took my sweet time finding the information I needed. Tracking down every friend and family member with the smell of the Hunter around them. None were too talkative, but in the end everyone talks. Everyone. Master loves my ability of extraction of truth, I love my process. I had the information that whetted the hunger of my friend, my ally. I traveled long and far to get it no less. It seems as though a new faction has arisen.

I waited in the shadows checking, fixing, sharpening my equipment and sensories every few seconds. A habit unbroken. A habit without feeling for emotions. I was a loner of sorts with few friends, but many wishful enemies. Known through the lands as Shadow. To see me was to know your end, to miss the sight was to walk obliviously into eternity.

--------------------
Quit staring at me like I just shit a brick house with plumbing- Shadow Serah-24
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 09:48 PM

A knife embedded itself into the tree behind him, the tiger-stripes carved into it showing that the regent still had some tricks. "I'm late. You're getting sloppy. We're even," he started their little trade-off. "I know you've got something. Tell me who I get to kill."

--------------------
"I will not have either of my Master Assassins looking like I just fucking drowned their goldfish." -Lord Kamon Evertas, 38
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 09:57 PM

"Sloppy is a word only you could say to me." He snickered at the joke they both knew so well. "As for who you're killing, no particular person truthfully."
The Spectre stepped from the shadows, their appearances almost even, but to a trained eye ruthless and unfeeling writ themselves well over the Panther. Keen golden eyes, chiseled muscles showing through the tight black outfit, and a black Cape that hid his arsenal.
"The Hunter came from an island about four months travel from the city. No coin trail, no motive, no anything. One day he's a follower of the Master the next he's not even himself. They called him Drake, the ones who knew him." a twitch disturbed the calm of the Regent, the information was not what he'd hoped.
"However, he did have an interaction with a hooded figure the day before he left on this mission you so passively abandoned for him. The only information I could find was that he wasn't native to that land, or any other for that matter. Quite a religious fellow, too."

--------------------
Quit staring at me like I just shit a brick house with plumbing- Shadow Serah-24
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 10:02 PM

"Fuck, a follower of the Gods?" This was more news that the regent didn't want to hear. "...I need to speak to Master Kamon. As leader of all Assassins, he needs to know. And he will know what to do far more quickly than our Master." The tiger had no distaste of Master Gizelle, in fact, she was pretty damn talented. He just didn't like her. She was stubborn, snobby, always in one's face about any tactic they chose to use, and she hated males. Especially predatory males like themselves. Regardless, as Regent under Kamon in his position as Lord of Cernunnos, he had a right to speak to the man. Something his other side could only do after ages of waiting.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 10:08 PM

"I agree. The female is rather moody of late, with a certain smell to her." that earned a laugh from both of the two. A follower of the Gods was no matter taken lightly. They were as ruthless as the Spectre with the cunning of a Master, not human nor immortal. "One other thing you will be interested to know, he eats enough to feed the two of us for weeks." the bell was rung, by the end of it's strike the two were no more than a dust trail.

If it must be taken to the Master Kamon so quickly, it's seriousness was slightly misjudged by myself. I will continue my odyssey of truth seeking for my friend. My nose tells me the track I must follow is riddled with riddles.
Excerpt from the Journal of Spectre of Oreas

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 10:19 PM

One perk about this job: I love that I can make any ship from within my fleet for any purpose, including making it ferry me across the sea to see my Lord and Master. The girl immediately forced her desire to come on me. I didn't deny her; why should I? She's thankful that I saved her ass from being dead meat...that I would probably eat if I was starving.
-Excerpt from the journal of the Regent of Oreas

He sat on the deck, meditating with his incense. The scent of the sea always made him disgusted and lost his appetite. Funny how Lord Kamon chose him to lead an island country. Regardless, he burned his incense, which his bride seemed to enjoy; the scent of the Holy Flames of the Spire of Althea gave the world a feeling of endlessness, like one could never get lost if they didn't care where they were going. And she didn't care, so long as her protector didn't leave her sight anymore. That would be an issue when they landed, but Lord Kamon had two sisters more than capable of handling the girl for a few hours.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 10:32 PM

My first task being successful I begin my second here where the scent of snow and ice begins.
Excerpt from the Journal of the Spectre of Oreas

Anonymity was something earned not gifted, and I had earned my seclusion from worldly knowledge. No history book reflected my work, but the stories of the generations will fill the heads of those to come for centuries. Eons.

A quick sniff of the air and Shadow's route was determined, due North. This was not good. Anything from the Lost Civilization was a relic of sorts, supposedly killed off long before the inhabitants of this world came to be. The First War as it is known, the collision of one hemisphere with the other. So the question that fueled his mission was simple, "What decided to shake off the history and come into the world of the present?"

Ophar was his first stop. The city was of medium size with surrounding farm lands and villages, but the chill of the dry air nipped through the loose cape of the Spectre. He pulled his hood up and made his way towards the inn that his trail led him into. The keeper was a physical specimen to behold for his age. A head taller than Shadow with the muscles to match, but the keeper's strength was easily dealt with. Had he been more accepting of the questions Shadow would've gladly left him unharmed, but alass it was not so.

"Wake up old man!" a swift back hand to the face jolted the grey haired man from his black abyss.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 10:47 PM

With Lord Kamon so willing to work with me on this case, I told him everything my old friend told me. Lord Kamon was impressed, as the Rules were followed, as always. even if my friend's belief was a little skewed on the 'innocence' line, he was always a hard worker. Maybe I can arrange for him to become my adviser...

As he left the manor of Lord Kamon, the regent felt a faint stir in the air. Nothing too bad, not even a breeze. That just meant that it wasn't. A quick dive back into the place merited his life being spared from the second throwing knife that was actually well-aimed. Needless to say, being tackled like a football player was not in Lord Kamon's plans for the day. the -thunk- of another knife hitting the door as it was kicked shut just pissed the Master Assassin off even more. "...Go to the roof. The guns there are rather well-made for killing traitors." The regent scrambled off the man, Lord Kamon getting to his feet and reaching for his own knife belt, the beautiful wolverine carved into each with sapphire powder almost making them glow...they were his greatest tools, his favorite.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:05 PM

My intel falters not, I am hot on the cold trail of the employer. A very secretive, but hungry man. Built like a legend with lungs. One more stop in Ophar.

A blacksmith of notable work lived on the out skirts of the land. His weapons the finest of any town or village second only to the Masters' cities of the land. This was Shadow's most challenging piece of information, and he knew this very well. He took every precaution in approaching the house of the smith. Any Recruit would know the dangers of extracting information from an uncooperative smith. Their knowledge of the weapons they create is invaluable. Perfect.

The faint thunk of knife to tree sounded a few yards to the left of Shadow. Knowing he was there and knowing where there was were two worlds of knowledge apart, "I know ye be here! The word of the people is like fire on the wind!" a shout came from inside the front most window, a few inches from view from any angle. The detailed training of Shadow's sensory skills provided him every advantage. He loosed his own knife black coated in the dust of diamonds, it's impact penetrated through the house giving the smith a wound to his back left shoulder. "I only want information, kind sir. Entertain my request and I will be gone as I came." Shadow's voice was steady but every word lethal as his every weapon.

"Aye, me knows why thy be here... I has not the information ye seek begone!" The smith's strong voice had diminished as his wound leaked him of his life fluids. He knew his predicament now. This was no mere person.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:13 PM

Kamon was not one who liked being fucked with. His house was THE holy land of his Assassins. The safest place in existence. As he stepped out with a single knife in hand, and five flew at him, he knew he'd be teaching why. He sidestepped them all, and threw his one. Two screams said he found his targets without fail. The next knife went into the throat of the same one who had become a Eunuch just a moment before. Another killed his friend. Rustling and scrambling said more had come...and when a rifle shot took one out, he used three more knives to end this little splinter cell's plans.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:25 PM

My information gained has troubled me these past few nights. I must tell my friend. His life and the lives of those he leads as well as follows is gravely endangered. The Poles are coming.

The smith gave his information regardless of how invalid he made himself believe it was. The fine tuned patience of the shadow that questioned him was driven into his very being, crippling his mind into spilling it's every secret. To Shadow's displeasure the smith expired before he could answer one last important question. The faint smell of poison lingered through the cabin and his workshop. He had been dying for many days before the Spectre's arrival.

With his new found knowledge Shadow made his way back to Oreas as swiftly as his legs dared to carry him. When he knew he was in the hearing range of even a human, he loosed his roar signaling that a meeting was close at hand.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:32 PM

After my meeting with the hit squad at Lord Kamon's home, I stopped in at the church to give my thanks to Zoferin, God of Flames and Focus, for his gift to this world, Lord Kamon. After that, I returned home. Things were well and good, including that my bride actually let me sleep in the bed...among other things. Who knew a woman as prim and proper as her knew what a mouth was really good for?

He had been doing more meditating when he heard the roar. His guards rushed into the room, and he was already gone. They wanted to "protect" him? They'd have to fucking keep up. And when his friend called a meeting, he was damned if he'd be late again because of some failures that thought they could keep him safe from people who were more dangerous than them. He didn't touch the ground until he was well within the city, and he stayed to the shadows until he found his friend. "I'll assume from the impromtu greeting that your research was as fruitful as my meeting. This rogue group had the balls to go after Master Kamon in his own home."

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:42 PM

"Then my bothers were correct. We are being sucked into history itself, my friend." Shadow spoke as they shook hands and hugged. Every mission could be their last, but they knew better than to think of it. "The Poles are not the ruins we were told they were. They are in fact very alive. At least a few dozen came to the town of Ophar, killing exactly seventy-seven women and children before they departed. I ran into the smith of the town you remember him from our personal weapon requests, yes? Of course you do, rhetorrical." Shadow was unusually energetic and bothered, but he couldn't understand it's reason. "The attack on Master Kamon was just a test to see how aware he was of himself and others." at this statement he produced a vial with exactly seven drops of the poison he smelled at the smith's house.

"I know nothing of it's nature nor it's workings, which is impressive in the least." He also produced the box that held his knife still coated in the poisoned blood of its target. "This has the most pungent odor seeing as the poison itself is odorless unbelievably, I've come to understand that it must come in contact with a substance other than this vial to even give off the odor."

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:53 PM

"...I know this poison. No, poison would be incorrect. It's venom. We could drink this stuff down, and nothing would happen. It's the venom of a white King Cobra. This stuff gets in your blood stream, you're dead...but it's been treated, hence the lack of scent in the vial. It's been diluted with some kind of antivenin, so it will take longer...much, much longer...to kill someone. Even if you'd found the smith after the first administration, since it was mixed, the regular antivenin wouldn't work. He was dead and didn't even know it." He'd seen this before, once or twice. He'd asked Lord Kamon about it, and he'd said such practices were banned since the time of the War of the Poles. Back then, two factions had both hired the Assassins to kill the other. It had been a nightmare of slaughter, with both sides ruined and decimated. The then-true Master had the Poles destroyed, turned to ruins, the bodies and secrets buried in ice and snow. "...You're coming with me to see Master Kamon. You've just brought us the missing piece to something he's been looking into."

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:01 AM

This day I write in honor and humility, for I am meeting the Master Kamon. The teacher of my life's work, and the leader of my aim.

"...Before we go, I'd like to talk to you about something else I found. Something that deals with us personally." the Regent sat on the chair facing Shadow with a quizzical look. "The smith said something that was not part of my questioning or even a thought to my mind. That the lineage of the Regent will be made perfect by the Spectre Oreas shall rise to it's demise and the leaders shall reign over the ashes." Shadow spoke every word perfectly as he had heard them, the fact that he KNEW it was meant for his friend and himself troubled him. The smith said not when this time would come or even if it was at hand, but inside, at his core, Shadow knew. "Also, he said God of Fire and God of Ice were the allies to the two to reign and their kingdom be great, but for it's ringing silence."

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:08 AM

"...He said God? You're sure of that?" The Regent wasn't as sure. The Goddess of Ice, Nytheris, was Zoferin's wife and mistress, but she was no God. No male. Even if she did take consorts on occasion, especially to those who visited her true Shrine in Zivoria, the greatest religious capital of the world. Even Oblivion was honored there. "Regardless...This is not good. Speaking of a kingdom like this...It's like he was saying we'd reign over the kingdom of Death. And I doubt that Oshinai would appreciate that." It was a weak joke, but it was true; to even metaphorically rule over death, to become immortal, was for the Goddess of Death to relinquish her hold on their souls. It could be saying they would be immortalized in death, that they would be remembered for their actions...but to what extent did that go? Would they become Master Assassins?

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:24 AM

"I tell you exactly as it was told to me, my friend.... To reign over the Kingdom of Death.... This is no matter for any but the Master Kamon." Shadow stood and picked up one single weapon he had. The one weapon Death itself would never pry from his hands. The sword forged from materials long lost to any civilization, and the slayer of his family. His one reminder that aside from his friend he was in the presence of and the Master Assassin Kamon, he was alone in this world.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:31 AM

He nodded. "Go and...set up the deck for meditation. I need to think about what you've said." He pulled his journal out as he said this; the one thing that all Assassins, no matter the rank they carried, had in common. They had it drummed, hammered, beaten into their heads that if they had things to think about, they wrote them down. Any and all thoughts, any issues, anything that may or even may not affect the mission.

To rule over a kingdom of death...I have no desire for that. My friend is welcome to my wife's sister; she was last seen fleeing the naval battle with Lord Kamon's best warship following. It returned with no prisoners. Unless my best friend intends to sleep with my wife, something I will kill him for and he knows it, there is nothing I can think of that would make this prophecy from a drugged blacksmith a reality. Perhaps I'm overthinking things. maybe I should follow Master...no, Lord...Fuck, I'm confused. And that's my problem...being a regent has made me stop being an Assassin. I intend to figure this all out...another time.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:39 AM

Shadow appeared on deck mocking the greetings he received from the pitiful crew of "protectors" the Regent was forced to travel with. Ass wadding butt fucks. If it was allowed I may have sparred them into nothingness months ago. Even at his most disrespectful thoughts his actions gave nothing away. He found the spot and set everything up. Preparing the incense was an art only topped by breathing itself to him. While he waited he pulled out his Journal.

The very thought of death reminds me of everything that decided this fate. From finding the massacred corpses of those I loved, to forcing the blade through it's owner with his own hands until there was nothing but a sopping corpse of stab wounds. I know how often my friend worries over my wanting to be alone, but nothing interests my fancy. All of my training, learning, studying, and still I have no idea how this drunken prophecy is to be taken. What definition of Death did he mean? Did he even mean death? Hopefully this meeting with the Master Kamon will solidify our answers.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:43 AM

After a moment more to himself, he walked out, and sat beside his friend with a sigh. "...I need to smoke. And not tobacco." He took a slow breath in, letting himself relax for the moment with the soothing incense. Since Master Kamon was no longer allowing them to use until the mission was completed-some numb-fuck retards with issues about moderation caused this-he had to do without until he turned in his mission journal. And that wasn't going to happen until they got to the bottom of this bullshit.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:49 AM

"...Days like this I wonder what sick fuck paid off the bastard that gave me this sword..." he was noticeably lost in the cataclysmic replay he occasionally went through. Every gorey detail, every gut wrenching scream of life vanishing into the wind. Even, his kid brother was methodically dismembered for maximum pain. "And where they would even FIND a sword of this caliber...." He took the incense from his friends outstretched hand and marinated his lungs in its freedom. "Maybe....Master Kamon could at least identify it's make? No... Not mission related!" Shadow hated being so emotionally distracted when it came to his past. Everything else passed from one ear to vacate his mind through the other, but this lingered across his brain like a frozen cloud in his subconscious.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:53 AM

"We can ask anyway. He knows so much...he must know about this blade." He sighed, knowing his friend wasn't even thinking of smoking at a time like this. He hated that his friend had to go through such a nightmarish hell over. And over. And Over. AND OVER again. He hated that he couldn't make him feel better, since he was about the only friend he had. Guards? Fuck them, cabbages were more intelligent. His wife? Sex toy, good head on shoulders. Friend? No. Master Kamon...he was a friend to everyone he knew. No one could hate him. Kind, intelligent, willing to help anything and everything you needed.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:56 AM

"I'll let you decide the matter... As much as I'd like to know... The mission is the important stuff..." Finally his memories ended with the life of the destroyer of everything he knew. That final blood soaked stab, before he claimed the only memory left to him of that time. The blade he carried, but never used symbolized his entire life to the very point of the blade. To bring death to those that required no life.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:27 AM

The time passed quickly, and a day and a half later, they were arriving in the port of Cernunnos. Kamon was waiting right at the docks, dressed in his usual battle regalia: Two katanas on each hip, a belt of throwing knives, a light chainmail vest, and his trademarked royal blue bandanna around his neck. "Fine timing, my friends. I've just gotten news that we'll be attacked. I'm planning on making a preemptive strike." The Regent smiled; such news was always cause for celebration.

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:33 AM

"We will most humbly deal with this strike Master." Shadow was comparable to the Master in height and build, but that never stopped him from honoring his Saver of Life. He dropped to a knee head down, too humble to make eye contact. He knew better than to look up, not from being trained, but merely from being given the chance to be graced by the presence of the man who gave him reason enough to keep his blades from his throat. Shadow stayed this way regardless of persuasion.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:38 AM

Kamon grinned a bit, rubbing the back of his head. "I keep forgetting he does that. But, I'm glad to see that he's so willing to kill. Because we're being attacked by the Warsein Islands." The regent knew not what this meant, but the words were obviously for his companion, as he could feel the tension beginning to rise, and Kamon had gone serious at the words. "And no, you two will not handle this on your own. I'm going. They want to attack my home? I'll kill them all. This is war, forget the first rule. None are innocent."

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:44 AM

A chord was struck, the very air around Shadow became almost tangible. The Island was the bearer of the fiend who destroyed his well being. His home, his life, everything he knew ended because of that Island. Shadow didn't rise as he spoke," None will survive this day that attacks my Master's home." Every word dripped with the rage building inside of him, his very being seemed to vibrate with the increasing emotion. He was become Death at those words, respects paid to all involved, but he would massacre any he saw that wished his home harm.

--------------------
Tricky
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:52 AM

Kamon's serious face broke for just a moment, smirk well inscribed. "And that is what I need. My favorite weapon, better than all the others: Killing intent." He drew one of his blades, walking onto the ship as the Regent followed.

Today a great dishonor was paid to me. I intend to return the favor.
-Excerpt from Lord Kamon's personal journal

--------------------
DesLivesAgain
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:56 AM

Shadow let them past before daring to budge, but he didn't see the world around him. He was lost to his undying rage, ever building, ever lethal. He drew his sword, and swore on the graves of the lives it had taken that this day they would have companions in the after-life and that those it killed this day would burn in Eternal Fire and Damnation. The mere act of the blade leaving it's sheath said every word he couldn't speak. Today, no other would want for blood as he did.

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2450 seconds | Archive

Affliates
None so far.
Please contact an Admin or mod about Affiliation.