InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Tabletop Round-up Mod. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Ork Kustim Stompa, Yet another Ork Super unit coming soon..
Zany Reaper
Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 09:58 PM

Warlock

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This will be the 1st Ork semi-titan in-game, & It's gonna be a nasty one.

It has 2 ranged weapons.
It starts off with some fast-firing Ork Kannon which excels against typical infantry & can also take on most vehicles & buildings too.
Being an Ork weapon, it'll still be relatively short ranged.
Here's its profile in tabletop stats. Remember that BOTH WEAPONS have made-up profiles:

Ork Fast mega-Fragga Kannon:
Range = 36" Str = 6 AP = 4 Heavy3\blast

The other weapon is a sort of siege cannon. It'll still be short-ranged, but in difference to the Fast mega-fragga Kannon, It'll be far more useful against buildings & vehicles however.
It'll still retain a small blast radius, but will be able to at least damage any vehicle in the game. It'll essentially be a battle Cannon but with a shorter range & smaller blast radius.

Ork Blast-Krak Kannon:
Range = 36" Str = 8 AP = 3 Heavy1\blast

For general & random anti-armour & heavy infantry defence, it has a head-mounted Zzap gun for the vehicles that even the blast-krak kannon can't deal well with.

Now, onto the WIP screenshots of the model:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Image hosting by Photobucket
WackyModder
Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 01:01 AM

Co-leader of this mod

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 2

DAAAAAAAMN!!!! that is just sexy looking, zany!!!! thats brings out the real WAAAAGH! in the orks now! but i heard from several sources that the stompa is kinda smaller than the warhound titan. is that true?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 10:05 AM

Warlock

YEs, it's smaller than the warhound.

Infact, according to Epic armageddon rules, it's actually a lot less resilient than a Battle Fortress. Probably more-or-less an armoured Ork Dreadnought with bigger guns. About 50% bigger than one too.

That's why this' the Kustim Stompa, for It'll be as tough as the Battle Fortress, but with unique weaponry.
It'll still be smaller than the Warhound in the TTRU mod, by about 25 - 40% smaller I think.

Furthurmore, this is my 1st Completely scratch-built model/textured thing
It's practically all of my work. Only the Zzap gun, Ork banner, wooden piles/horns & the skull trophy are nicked from other Ork things.
Even then, the Zzap gun's texture has been modded a bit to bring out a few highlights & make some parts slightly more metallic.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 28 Dec 2006, 12:13 PM

Co-leader of this mod

Compared to the warhound, how stong is this thing gonna be? will it have weapon upgrades or anything?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 28 Dec 2006, 01:29 PM

Warlock

It Won't be as powerful nor tough as the warhound.
The Warhound can have the plasma blastgun, which is a titan killer.
That's a powerful weapon.

The Kustim stompa has one upgrade only, for it's main gun.
That's for the blast-krak kannon. Both weapons are pictured above, with their profiles.

This Kustim stompa I aim to have 6500 HP with medium armour. No way as tough as the Warhound (for It's Orky, & not as big either).

However, there's one physical advantage - It's MUCH more powerful in close combat, nearly as useful as the Squiggoth infact.

Plus - The Orks can actually build it, whereas the warhound can't be built!
Furthurmore, since there's no more space in the Mek Shop, the Kustim Stompa's gonna be a deep-striked monster!

So it can be dropped anywhere seen on the map, & takes about 8 seconds to activate after landing.
Once it's activated, it will wreak havoc wherever it is.

However - since it's not that durable, it shouldn't be deep-striked stupidly. Place it in a more-or-less isolated area.

It's got the advantage over the other super-units of being able to go to the other side of rivers though, seeing as it's deep-strikable!

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 03:57 PM

Co-leader of this mod

well with the warhound, all i did was set it to the imperial guard (private mod) since the space marines will be getting a mars pattern warhound soon as i am told by winterdyne.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 10:25 PM

Warlock

But that's Winterdyne with his Dogs of war mod! That's up to him if it's his mod.

But the Warhound here remains the ultimate so far.

As for the Kustim Stompa, I'm about to test it ingame.
I've now allowed for it to be 'built' from an ability. What happens is that the warboss defines an area for the Kustim Stompa to appear in (after paying the required resources), & then after 60 seconds, the Kustin Stompa is dropped!

Allows for a pretty fun arrangement of smashing stuff with the 3rd Ork Super unit, close-up from the start, unlike the Battle Fortress & the Squiggoth which have to slog their way over!

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 2 Jan 2007, 12:53 AM

Co-leader of this mod

ooh, interesting composition, zany! but how the hell does one drop a TITAN into the battlefield?! blink.gif isnt it too big?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 2 Jan 2007, 09:27 AM

Warlock

I've given the Warboss that Direct_spawn attribute, allowing him to drop the Kustim Stompa Directly next to him.
In addition, the Spawning animation Works with this too! This means that you actually see the KS crash down next to the Warboss & activate!

Unfortunately, the original thing I had in mind where an ability is used to spawn the Kustim Stompa doesn't work. It spawns the entity, but not the squad - making it impossible to properly control, which is quite frankly crap.

At least it's able to be dropped by the Warboss though. It's more expensive than any of the other Ork Super-units due to the deep-strike, but it's worth it.

However, much to my annoyance, the Kustim Stompa is better at shooting than at Melee! It just fails to use its special attack against smaller things, & the radius isn't big enough as well as being off-target!

It sucks, so I must fix that. I'll probably have to enlarge the selection circle of the KS unfortunately, like what was done with the Squiggoth.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 2 Jan 2007, 06:58 PM

Co-leader of this mod

expensive, eh? how much are we talking here? like 2 relics, 3,500 req and like 1,500 power or something? and as for the special attack, imo i think it can be tuned a bit more. cuz when the KS slams the ground with the hammer, it looks like he just smashes the ground right near his right foot. what would be cooler is if he pulled back on the hammer more and slammed on the ground in the middle right in front of him.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 2 Jan 2007, 07:12 PM

Warlock

Ok, it's slightly more expensive than the Squiggoth then. Still a limit of one of course.
It will also require a relic just to make relics useful.
The most powerful Special attack it has does 2000 to 3500 HP of damage, & even more to buildings & vehicles.

I think I'll make another special attack using your suggestion anyways Wackymodder. I think there can be a little more variation.

This means that Relics are now really useful to all races apart from Space marines, Tau & Necrons now!

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 2 Jan 2007, 11:29 PM

Co-leader of this mod

if ur taking my ideas now, then i got some other ideas for other special attacks for this thing such as:

- maybe he can pull back on the hammer backhanded style, and swing the hammer from left to right thus throwing any infantry thats too close to it?

- and maybe for another melee combat thing, kinda like the warboss, the KS can just turn its autocannon to the left and fire a buncha shots from left to right, just like the warboss does with his kustom shoota, same with the mega armored nobz.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 3 Jan 2007, 10:57 AM

Warlock

Pull back on the Ammer & swing it? I'll see about that, if it's possible with the way I rigged the model.
I don't want the Stompa to be excellent against infantry however, least not in melee.

As for pulling back & shooting, bear in mind that the weapon upgrades are different fro each other, so I won't do that.
I could however make a special attack involving the Zzap gun.

Here's an idea - why don't I make the Battle Fortress able to shoot in close-combat? It'd make it excellent against infantry anyhow.

--------------------
Stim
Posted: 3 Jan 2007, 04:38 PM

Wraith-Soul

Group: Honorary Members
Member No.: 10

Kustim stompa
Somehow, I like the name of it biggrin.gif
(And looks too!)
Does it have round attack? And it'd be cool it if used some *'dis guts stuck to me ammer* animation against infatnry, like Bloodthirster has.

--------------------
Soon, the world will be clear of our filth... Just to be filled with a new one... NIC[PAIN]
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 3 Jan 2007, 07:21 PM

Warlock

Stim - there won't be any Sync_kills for this thing. Besides - It's already ingame. I just have some things to tweak with it, & then add another special attack.

I've also got a couple of volunteers competing to make voices for this bitch. I'll chose the guy with the best voices.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 3 Jan 2007, 07:25 PM

Co-leader of this mod

so wait, theres a lobba, a zzap and a kannon as weapons of this thing? in that case, i got a good one for the zzap gun in melee. you can have the zzap gun shoot at the ground in a horizontal line, thus causing infantry to go flying.

EDIT: is this thing based of tabletop size or on DoW size? cuz it looks like DoW size to me.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 4 Jan 2007, 07:52 AM

Warlock

The KS has a Zzap gun, no lobbas nor kannons. Its only upgrade is its main weapon.

That'd be for a 4th special attack, least a variation of what you said (If I make it).
Since I've already made another special attack where it lowers down & swings the hammer in an arc (batting out infantry, though not very powerful). That attack will have a bigger radius & arc to throw infantry away, & perhaps kill some in the progress (I don't want it to be insanely powerful against infantry). It will also do some damage against vehicles & buildings, perhaps also sending some of the smaller ones flying in the process.

If I make an attack with the Zzap gun, then it wouldn't be in an arc. I'd make it so that the Zzap gun is charged up into an overdrive, & then unleash a series of zzaps on a particular area close infront, dealing massive damage in a small area against all targets.
That attack would basically be more effective against monsters & commanders rather than vehicles & buildings.

I didn't really base the sizing as of such on anything in particular. Supposedly TT scaling. It's about 65% the height of the Warhound basically (but much better in close combat of course tongue.gif ).

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 4 Jan 2007, 07:23 PM

Co-leader of this mod

how big is the warhound actually supposed to be compared to the stompa in TT?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 5 Jan 2007, 06:11 PM

Warlock

I don't know. I think it's about 2ce the size, making the KS only slightly bigger than your standard 3rd edition stompa, though more bulky & dangerous.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 5 Jan 2007, 07:24 PM

Co-leader of this mod

whats the difference between this stompa and the 3rd edition one?

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Showcase | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3840 seconds | Archive