InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tabletop Round-up Mod. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Medusa V campaign, Race,Wins/losses,stories!
Morkai iron wolf
  Posted: 20 Jul 2006, 05:32 PM

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

What makes you think that you're up against necrons. Apparently you will be in the sybilla quarentine zone i had a look at what is in that area it looks like you are up against Chaos(Mostly), Tau and orks and the imperium (mostly Imperial guard). Whereas i'm pushing my way up north through Edafos up to the Epsylion gate and i'm up against Tyranids by the looks of things.

Hi all this post is about if you have taken part in the Medusa V campaign tell us your victories and losses and any raelly good stories of what happend also tell us the race you are playing as. biggrin.gif

What area each country has:

Articus = Italy
Telosia = Netherlands
Verdia = Germany
Perseus = Austrailia
Hydra = U.S.A
Armida = France
Edethor = UK
EURYALES = Spain

--------------------
Necrons will rise and you will fall
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 22 Jul 2006, 06:12 PM

Warlock

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Battles fought for the Medusa V in the GW store's underground gaming room in Cambridge:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/gamingrooms/c...-gaming-room/1/

Battle Report number 1:

1500pts

Alaitoc Eldar: 1 jetbike farseer with stones, witnessing runes, spear, shuriken pistol, guide & fortune
1 Avatar of Khaine
5 wraithguards + warlock with conceal in a wave serpent with linked starcannons
3 x 3 rangers
2 x 5 guardian defender squads with one starcannon platform each
Squad of 3 vypers with starcannons & crystal targeting matrixes.
1 Eldar Phoenix

Necrons:

Lord with destroyer body, resurection orb & phylactery
Lord with veil of Darkness, res orb, chronometron & other unknown wargear
(about) 12 & 11 warriors
2 x 3 destroyers
7 scarabs
tomb spyder
1 monolith

Turn 1 edited out for space.

Necron turn 2:
The warriors & spyder appeared onto the battlefield.
The foot-slogger lord used the veil to transport the squad of warriors & himself right up to the 2 guardian squads, but were scattered out of weapon range.
The Lord & 3 destroyers shot at & killed only one ranger, after having many misses & so many cover saves saved (3+).
The other squad of destroyers failed to be within range & sight though.

Eldar turn 2:

The avatar moved a bit again, as did the wave serpent onto a building wreck. A squad of guardians moved a bit nearer to the veiled Necrons.
All starcannnons were shot at the veiled warriors, downing all 11 & so no ressurections.
THe Lord there was also downed by another starcannon (which didn't shoot), long rifles & shuriken fire, as some the guardians had previously moved in range.

Necrons turn 3:

The Monolith moved a bit, while the destroyers eventually killed the other rangers in that squad, after many cover saves.
The veiled lord failed his ressurection, & so was terminated.

Eldar turn 3:

The guided vypers & other rangers shot at the nearest destroyer squad (with the lord), obliterating all of them & isolating them from the other destroyers, so no ressurection.
The avatar had moved a bit again, while the wave serpent with wraithguards moved behind some tall desert rocks.

Necron turn 4:

Really badly messed up, the Necron destroyers moved furthur up, along with the others. The destroyed Destroyer lord failed his ressurection, but was brought thru the monolith to get a 5, getting back up with 2 wounds, but didn't move.

Eldar Turn 4:
As all the other destroyers on the table were melted by some starcannons, the vypers smacked the Lord down again.
The Avatar obviously moved furthur, despite not being shot at.

Necrons turn 5:

The Lord was brought through the monolith again after failing, but still failed as the retarded CPU in its head malfunctioned & phased it back underground.

Eldar turn 5:

The phoenix finally arrived after rolling 3 1's in succession on previous reserve rolls! Being a flyer though, it acts in the enemy turn.
The wave serpent moved 12" up to the monolith, & then unloaded the wraithguards. Only one was in range, but that was enough to cause a penetrating hit which obliterated the monolith completely in a smoldering explosion.
The avater had also moved, but the other eldar were savouring their moments, waiting for the phoenix to act.

Necrons turn 6:

After being ravaged down by the Eldar, all that was left was 12 warriors & a tomb spyder.
The warriors moved up to the avatar & shot at it, but despite half of the 12 shots hitting, only one wound was rolled successfully, which was saved by the avatar's Inv. save.
The Phoenix fired out 2 krak missiles which destroyed 2 warriors (no ressurection due to instant death), & the pulse laser clained 2 more.
Phase out took place, & the Necrons had suffered a defeated slaughter.

Eldar lost 57 pts of rangers, while the Necrons phased out in the end. Strange battle, but true.

Battle Report number 2

Alaitoc Eldar: 1 jetbike farseer with stones, witnessing runes, spear, shuriken pistol, guide & fortune
1 Avatar of Khaine
3 x 3 rangers
1 Eldar Phoenix

Necrons:

Lord with resurection orb & veil of darkness
Lord with veil of Darkness, phylactery & lightning field (if correct)
(about) 20 & 20 warriors
7 scarabs
tomb spyder
1 monolith (deep-strike)

Distruption rolls:
6 - wounded the tomb spyder;
5 - pinned one of the necron warrior + lord squads
4 - put the other one in reserve. How stupid, let alone the number order!

Turn 1 - Necrons:

Necrons got the 1st turn again, which was annoying, probably as punishment for severely kicking their butts in a previous batle an hour ago.
The scarabs turbo boosted almost into the middle of the board. I was very scared about this.

Eldar turn 1:

Logically, I guided the Vypers, as they provide the most firepower with the darseer.
everything moved up, while the Vypers darted up & down from a big thick wall with their CTMs.
The wave serpent with wraithguard was moved onto a VERY tall wreck (probably about 50 cm high).
The Vypers (& other star cannons) were supposed to murder the scarabs - every single one (no warriors were in sight or range yet).
They failed. Most of them missed, despite so many re-rolls due to guiding the vypers & the linked serpent's star cannon.
After so many misses & '1-wound-rolls,' the turbo boost scarab invulnerable saves took place.
Statistically they should've gone, but 2 remained as more distracting cannon fodder.

Necron turn 2:

Morkai (we'll call him that) veiled the now unpinned warriors & lord over to my best fortified rangers, while the other warriors just appeared. The monolith didn't though.
As a really horrible turn of events for him, the Lord scattered right into the ranger squad, along with 20 warriors.
Fully half of the warriors & the lord included were removed as casualties due to being within 1" of the enemy models (my rangers!).
The other warriors shot at my rangers though, but killed only 2 of them due to 2+ cover saves from the fort tower & cameleoline cloaks.

Eldar turn 2:
The phoenix appeared! Though little did I know that victory would be nearer, without the Phoenix (or myself!) needed.
I moved up all my guardians within star cannon range, while my vypers were guided again.
The Scarab cannon fodder was practically ignored, while the avater moved up to protect the guardians from them (if they moved in for the kill).
All 10 remaining warriors were blended into jello metal by 6 star cannons (which proved to be better than against the scarabs), & so coulodn't resurrect being on the other side of the board.

Turn 3, Necrons:

Things began to look grim as the Monolith deep-striked right by the wave serpent (though my wraithguards could've trashed it again :-D), & the other warriors were also veiled with the lord right by the vypers & farseer.
It was too bad for Morkai that the lord (with warriors) scattered right into the jetbike farseer (with his large flying base), & fully half of the warriors (again) were removed, as was the lord too.

The Necrons phased out by one model, & I had an instant victory losing only 2 rangers, which was even better than the previous battle which was mich longer.
Very fun indeed.

------------------

Totally whacked-out battles. Games before have gone wrong for Morkai like this, but he HAD actually improved his tactics a bit.

However, I adapted, & his unlucky deep-striking on the 2nd battle proved fatal.

I love using Alaitoc rangers! So fun just ot put them everywhere to hurt deep-strikers!
Star cannons are also very fun.

Who else plays with Eldar here, out of chance?

--------------------
Image hosting by Photobucket
Stim
Posted: 23 Jul 2006, 04:54 AM

Wraith-Soul

Group: Honorary Members
Member No.: 10

We need satellite uplink fotos!!! angry.gif

--------------------
Soon, the world will be clear of our filth... Just to be filled with a new one...© NIC[PAIN]
user posted image
Morkai iron wolf
  Posted: 23 Jul 2006, 06:35 AM

Novice

From what Zany has written my luck completely sucks i always tend to miss during the shooting phase i usually never wound enough enemies and when deep striking i always scatter.

My luck sucks angry.gif

To see the current ranks of the races click on the link. War room (one must register to see this)

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 23 Jul 2006, 09:25 AM

Warlock

Either the luck, or the bad choice of deep-stike tactics evil.png

No photos. We wern't sure if the GW store would allow photos of their basement room.

--------------------
Posted: 2 Aug 2006, 12:04 PM

Unregistered

sounds like fun! i haven't had a decent battle in agges, my necrons are getting rusty(er). One small point is though that the necron's players foot lord was illegal, as there only supposed to have 100pts of warger, and the res orb and veil of D is 100pts on their own (X+Y). didn't help him much though tongue.gif, i always try to take at least 30 warriors in games that size, to prevent phasing out
Zany Reaper
Posted: 2 Aug 2006, 01:57 PM

Warlock

Hi. Whoever you are, please register here.

Oh, & Don't post ANY games workshop codex stats or 40K rules here. It's deemed as illegal.

Lots of warriors do well.

--------------------
Khorney
Posted: 2 Aug 2006, 02:28 PM

Acolyte

Member No.: 41

sorry about that, it was only in passing >_<.

i'm still yet to get my army up to 1,500, with 30 warriors 5 scarabs a monolith 4 destroyers 3 wraiths and a lord with the above combination i've still got about 200pts left. I was think maybe some immortals or flayed ones (the latter make a nasty combo with the lord, with their terrifing visage rule)

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 2 Aug 2006, 03:26 PM

Warlock

Glad to see you're a tabletop supporter. I think that we need more on this forum.

BTW, is your Necron army any way related to this topic (medusa)?

If not, then please start a new topic on it.

Monoliths + warriors are ace. I often sacrifice the particle whip to resurrect more warriors.

3rd Battle Report:

1500pts

1 Avatar of Khaine
2 x 3 rangers
3 pathfinders.
1 Eldar Falcon with star cannon, CTM, holofield & spirit stone.
Wraithlord with starcannon & flamers.

Necrons:

2 Lords with res orbs, phylactery & unknown wargear (in reserve)
20 warriors
(about) 11 & 11 warriors (reserves from monolith)
7 scarabs
tomb spyder
1 monolith

Ranger disruption:
1 – tomb spyder in reserve
2 – warrior squad that was on the table pinned
6 – pathfinders. Shot at the warriors & destroyed one.

Deployment of Necrons:

Warriors in the middle of the board with the Tomb spyder, while the Scarabs were a bit further up.

Eldar Deployment:

Avatar & wraithlord deployed on opposite board sides, while everything else was positioned behind cover. The rangers & pathfinders infiltrated about 6” ahead of the main force into dense cover.

Turn 1 - Necrons (again):

The one warrior shot down got back up. 6s are a waste of time on the disruption table most of the time. The scarabs were turbo-boosted behind some rocks, but could still be seen by every star cannon…

Turn 1 – Eldar:

The Vypers were guided without any problems, & so all the units that weren’t already in cover moved into it. The Avatar & Wraithlord moved up.
All star cannons were used against the only target in range – the scarabs.
Even though there were many misses & invulnerabe saves saved (even on the guided vypers), they were eventually destroyed.

Turn 2 – Necrons:

Warriors were unpinned. All reserved had failed.

Turn 2 – Eldar:

The Avatar & lord continued to move, but this time got nearer to each other.
Waited for their next target, but found nothing.

Turn 3 – Necrons:

The Tomb spyder & the lords appeared. The Warriors still didn’t move due to the opposing player fearing phase-out from the star cannons.

Turn 3 – Eldar:

Beginning to get bored, some of the troops started hallucinating with their spirit stones whilst the Vehicles (& heavy weapon teams) were playing Eldar video games on their screens…
As of such, the Avatar & the wraithlord were the only ones being interesting, moving upwards & now 10” apart from each other. The wraithlord shot at & downed 3 warriors (wow!).

Turn 4 – Necrons:

Finally, the Monolith deep-striked. It was positioned in between the Avatar & wraithlord, 8” back though. (would’ve been a big mistake). What a convenient position, & it didn’t even scatter!
One warrior got back up, though again nothing moved (fear factor).
The gauss flux arc was just out of range of all the other troops apart from the Wraithlord & Avatar. However, few shots were fired (bad rolls), & all failed to wound, even against the Avatar.
The warrior squad’s reserve roll from the monolith failed too.

Turn 4 - Eldar:

Superb turn for the space elves! The Wraithlord & avatar moved up to the portal’s entrance on the Monolith.
The Wave serpent suddenly flew 12” out of cover & the wraithguards & warlock disembarked.
The Warlock did nothing, but the Wraithguards let out a volley of dangerous warp blasts. All hit, & 2 penetrating hits were inflicted.
Both made the Monolith explode into hot slag, & the explosion was only 1” thick & did nothing.
This spelled out D-E-F-E-A-T as the warriors in reserve were destroyed, seeing as their monolith was gone. The Necron player surrendered as he assumed that there was no way he could win, though he could have ruined my Flawless victory & killed a few of my troops.

What a battle! Second flawless victory I’ve had against Necrons. The monolith is both something to be feared, but is also a big risk.

--------------------
Khorney
Posted: 3 Aug 2006, 04:33 AM

Acolyte

is this all against the same player??? if so, tell him he should try tau or imps, heh

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 3 Aug 2006, 09:04 AM

Warlock

Costs way too much money. He just has to adapt his tactics better.

--------------------
Morkai iron wolf
Posted: 3 Aug 2006, 02:27 PM

Novice

Hey man i already have marines and necrons and i am not prepared to buy another army. I kept losing with marines then i got necrons. i have had a few wins but i cannot beat eldar or marines. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 3 Aug 2006, 05:55 PM

Warlock

You can't beat Eldar or Marines when against me, because I know the SMurf & Necron army lists from memory, & it's the same with Eldar.

I can easily compare each unit's weaknesses with my Eldar's strengths, & therefore often take the right troops.
It's in a triangle basically, except that I don't know how to beat Eldar myself, having only fighting them With SMurfs (I won though, & that was a couple of months ago).

I think I might post these on the Relic forums. I also e-mailed the Medusa Campaign people to ask about their newsletter.

--------------------
Khorney
Posted: 4 Aug 2006, 05:24 AM

Acolyte

hmm, tell him to get some wriaths and destryoers, he sits there, relying on his monolith to win battles for him, but, as with any unit, they are quite falable. Veil of darkness is my favourite tool of the trade. he can use it to teleport wraiths or a unit of warroirs to deal with your copious amounts of artillery in the first turn/s(thank the emporer for the new rapid fire rules tongue.gif) while pushing up the centre with destroyers, using scarabs as a screen. while this is occuring the warriors can advance unhindered, as the deepstriking lord can teleport around the battle field causing havoc as necessary. By that point your forces *should* be scattered enough to allow for the couple de grace entrance of a monolith, with which he can teleport his footslogging warriors to the front where they can bring their full firepower to bare. But, umm, your not allowed to read this lol, just tell him

EDIT: oh crap, i've done again, haven't I

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 4 Aug 2006, 11:35 AM

Warlock

QUOTE (Khorney @ 4 Aug 2006, 07:24 AM)
hmm, tell him to get some wriaths and destryoers, he sits there, relying on his monolith to win battles for him, but, as with any unit, they are quite falable. Veil of darkness is my favourite tool of the trade. he can use it to teleport wraiths or a unit of warroirs to deal with your copious amounts of artillery in the first turn/s(thank the emporer for the new rapid fire rules tongue.gif) while pushing up the centre with destroyers, using scarabs as a screen. while this is occuring the warriors can advance unhindered, as the deepstriking lord can teleport around the battle field causing havoc as necessary. By that point your forces *should* be scattered enough to allow for the couple de grace entrance of a monolith, with which he can teleport his footslogging warriors to the front where they can bring their full firepower to bare. But, umm, your not allowed to read this lol, just tell him

EDIT: oh crap, i've done again, haven't I

I have easily taken out wraiths & destroyers before. Not that hard, considering that I just replace some of the star cannons with scatter lasers to take down those wraiths.

I'm locking this topic until something interesting Medusa related comes up. THis' going off topic, so start a new topic for the tactics stuff please.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Tactics, battles & help | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1952 seconds | Archive