Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tabletop Round-up Mod. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

IG doctrines (no screens yet), List
Zany Reaper
Posted: 25 May 2008, 09:47 AM

Warlock

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

---- Imperial Guard Doctrine List ----

Visual doctrines:

* Carapace armour - buffs armour type to essentially match the durability of Tau fire warriors. Comes with a new head type. Incompatable with light infantry.
NB - This doctrine squad-taxes standard guardsmen squads by 20 requisition, and warrior guardsmen squads by 15.

* Light infantry - enables infiltration on guardsmen, and also allows sniper rifles to be upgraded - which replaces melta guns. Replaces torso and arms, and comes with a new head type. Incompatable with carapace armour.
NB - This doctrine squad-taxes standard guardsmen squads by 30 requisition, and warrior guardsmen squads by 15.

* Hardened Fighters - slightly improves the melee weapon accuracy of guardsmen. Common visuals include a new knee-cap and a golden right-shoulder pad.
NB - This doctrine squad-taxes standard guardsmen squads by 5 requisition, and warrior guardsmen squads by 10.

* Sharpshooters - in general, it improves the accuracy of all guardsmen grenade launchers, lasguns, laspistols & meltaguns by 50%. The lasgun gets a sniper scope & muzzle, and all guardsmen get a rather fat visor.
NB - This doctrine squad-taxes standard guardsmen squads by 10 requisition, and warrior guardsmen squads by 5.

* Warrior Weapons - opens up a new infantry squad (unlike the other guardsmen doctrines) which have a laspistol and machette instead of the standard lasgun. They're also affected by other doctrines, but do not get sniper rifles, ever. Meltaguns are available as a weapon upgrade instead of sniper rifles, except that the light infantry doctrine isn't required.

Non-visual doctrines:

* Die-hards - quarters the morale damage received by guardsmen in melee.
NB - This doctrine squad-taxes only warrior guardsmen squads, by 10.

* - Special weapons - increases the amount of weapon upgrades allowed in guardsmen squads by 2.

Restricted troop doctrines:
Kasrkin;
Ogryns;
Psykers;
Preachers;
Conscripts.

The die-hard doctrine squad tax might seem a bit expensive. However, considering that warrior guardsmen will be slightly cheaper than ordinary guardsmen, they deserve it. This particular doctrine effectively renders any high morale-damage melee weapon almost useless against guardsmen.

The Light infantry doctrine deserves to be expensive. I think it's pretty obvious why.

The melta gun is no longer an available upgrade for guardsmen squads. Kasrkin & warrior guardsmen however can purchase them.

Doctrines as of such do not yet affect guardsmen sergeants. Sergeant doctrines will be a future project (shouldn't be hard to implement though seeing as I've stolen a large portion of the sergeant animations for the warrior weapons doctrine).

Additionally, if you ever ask, here's a list of doctrines that I will definately NOT implement:

* Mechanised infantry - AFAIK, it's not really possible to implement this feature, unless I allowed chimeras to effectively replace infantry commands & churn out guardsmen squads on the go (mobile bases FTW). That'd look silly however.

* Jungle fighters - This'd be too difficult for me to do in short. Light infantry also is overall better, so meh.

* Iron discipline - The master vox makes this doctrine redundant.

* Commissar doctrine - Not necessary. I won't make commissars require any doctrines to be produced.

There're aren't that many more that I can think of to implement. Ratlings would be nice, but would also be damned difficult to make. Chem-inhalers are also a cool concept, but I can't exactly remember what they even did.

--------------------
Image hosting by Photobucket
WackyModder
Posted: 27 May 2008, 07:20 PM

Co-leader of this mod

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 2

very interesting. lets see some screens once you get this system ingame smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 27 May 2008, 08:57 PM

Warlock

Out of interest, can you still code? I need someone to help out with dealing with some of the Soulstorm lua files.

I can't do it all by myself.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 28 May 2008, 06:39 PM

Co-leader of this mod

how embarrasing this is to say, i dont have soulstorm yet... sad.gif

im gonna have to get it if i am to give it a try. what exactly is different with the soulstorm LUAs compared to the DC ones exactly? i hear that DC mods are like 95% compatable with SS anyway.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 29 May 2008, 09:22 AM

Warlock

Well, there are obviously the new air units, which have only a few extra bits of code in SS. There's also the deceiver's possession weapon thing, & the death cult assassin's instagib ability too (which I've removed).

There's also an entry for biotoxin poison for all ebp lua files. However, the damage seems relatively consistent for each infantry unit, so meh. I'll probably remove the biotoxin bomb from the hell talon in due course & replace it with a bombing run for incedinary bombs. Makes it more balanced.

There's also the ability to selectively attack air units or not. Seeing as I'll be making skimmers classed as air units too, melee units won't be able to attack skimmers (but they can in tabletop annoyingly enough). Obviously that'll involve me raising the costs of basically all Tau & Eldar vehicles, heh heh.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 29 May 2008, 06:04 PM

Co-leader of this mod

well we do have to take into account the balance between realism and TT accuracy. i mean if soldiers on the ground start meleeing the air in front of them and a skimmer above them starts taking damage, that wouldnt make a damn lick of sense right there. and what exactly do you mean by "instagib" ability? does it like instantly kill enemies or something like the harlequin's ability?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 29 May 2008, 07:58 PM

Warlock

The assassin insta-kills infantry & commanders if they have less than 40% hitpoints remaining. Very nasty ability, combined with her hard-countered damage to commanders & elite infantry. Works best against Tau & Space marines.

Yeah. I'm basically saying that skimmers won't be meleeable if I class them as air units. At least it'll reduce unwanted micromanagement with jump abilities however.

On the other hand, hovering units that can get into melee, such as Necron destroyers & Tau gun drones, will NOT be made as air units. They're infantry anyways - they don't deserve it.
That's a point - the Talos should be given a jump ability to make it superior to the Eldar wraithlord in some way.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 29 May 2008, 10:14 PM

Co-leader of this mod

>_< OUCH!!!!! thats sounds like a VISCIOUS ability right there!

but is it actually possible to make ONLY HOVERING UNITS being allowed to melee with air units? that doesn't seem physically possible with the IC engine... unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 30 May 2008, 10:58 AM

Warlock

It is possible to make a melee weapon attack both air & ground units. Corncobman did it with the scarabs in his mod. However, it looks rather wierd. Synckill animations however still work.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Showcase | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1490 seconds | Archive