Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tabletop Round-up Mod. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Necron Pylon, New Necron Superweapon
WackyModder
Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 03:13 PM

Co-leader of this mod

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 2

The Necron Pylon is gonna be one of the 1st new necron things we've added in a long while. Since relic did a good job with the necrons, there's not too much left to add, but here's some pics of the Pylon's WIP status:

Model *Untextured* (Final):
user posted image

Texturing of the lower half Pylon:
user posted image

Texturing of the crystal of the Pylon:
user posted image

Texturing of the upper part of the Pylon:
user posted image

Nearly Finished Pylon:
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
thudo
Posted: 25 Jun 2007, 12:07 PM

Ai coder

Group: Honorary Members
Member No.: 73

Uber work there, boss. Well done!

Oh and.. yes there is one more Necron to do.. Mr. D that is. Then they are truly done. evil.png
Zany Reaper
Posted: 25 Jun 2007, 12:42 PM

Warlock

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Cheers Wackymodder. No more progress made since yesterday yet (as I haven't got home & still have work to do).

I'll try to get those black areas cleaned up. I didn't notice them at home as my monitor is put on dark (I like it that way).

--------------------
Image hosting by Photobucket
WackyModder
Posted: 25 Jun 2007, 06:10 PM

Co-leader of this mod

but zany, wheres the pylon's crystal itself? all i see is what's supposed to be INSIDE the cystal that powers it up. theres supposed to be an actual crystal like the monolith, too.

--------------------
user posted image
thudo
Posted: 25 Jun 2007, 06:22 PM

Ai coder

Yep.. http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/0/0d/Pylon10.jpg

All Pylons have a crystal in the center foci of the aperture but I assume thats dead easy to make as you just re-use the one ontop of the existing vanilla Monolith and slightly reshape it to fit into the Pylon.
Zany Reaper
Posted: 25 Jun 2007, 06:46 PM

Warlock

Lol. You obviously know that the Crystal object found on the monolith is unusual in terms of animating & modeling for Dawn of War.

Why? Because it's not part of the model. It's an FX, where a mesh has been shoved into an FX. That's probably why it just sits there & glows...

So no, the Pylon won't have a crystal model as part of it, it'll use the Monolith crystal FX mesh instead.

--------------------
thudo
Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 02:30 AM

Ai coder

Well done! biggrin.gif The green glow of death will rise once more!
Zany Reaper
Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 11:35 AM

Warlock

Just to let you know, I'm still making progress on the texture, including clearing up the most obvious black areas I saw on that thing above.
I haven't made any new renders as I haven't had enough time to make significant progress though.
I will post up a new render when the texture on those 'fingers' on the crescent are done. They're half-textured at the moment, with the fun part at the last.

--------------------
Zany Reaper
Posted: 4 Jul 2007, 06:26 AM

Warlock

Seeing as Wackymodder has ignored & not bothered to carry out some simple instructions of posting more renders here, I'll do it for him.

Finished Pylon renders:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The last one has a specular map applied, making it overall look brigher (though that wasn't the intention). I'll be doing more testing on spec-maps ingame with the Pylon to see if I can achieve a similar effect to that on the Monolith...

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 7 Jul 2007, 09:30 PM

Co-leader of this mod

TOTALLY SRRY i didnt post it, zany. my motherboard exploded *literally* and i havent been on in a few days. im back tho, and with a new motherboard and a new nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2 video card, and rdy to get back to work. so does this mean that the pylon is done completely and is rdy to be inputted into the mod?

--------------------
user posted image
thudo
Posted: 7 Jul 2007, 09:42 PM

Ai coder

Damn looking good.. Full Necron Pylon looks fantastic!
WackyModder
Posted: 8 Jul 2007, 03:44 PM

Co-leader of this mod

so now that the pylon's texturing is done, all that's left is animating it, i assume?

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 9 Jul 2007, 07:12 PM

Warlock

Indeed folks, I am going to animate it!

It'll be a bitch to do so, but at least it doesn't move (though I wonder how I will do the teleport animation).

Anyways, I've been absent for the past few days due to a work-intensive field course I've been on, & I still have lots more work to finish. I won't be able to do much more on the Pylon until saturday.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 10 Jul 2007, 01:04 AM

Co-leader of this mod

how will it be a bitch to do so? its an inatimate object that doesnt move except for the fact that it rotates it's gun in a 360 degree area. i dont see a problem with animating it. blink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 11 Jul 2007, 06:25 PM

Warlock

But there are still many components to animate though...

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 12 Jul 2007, 09:30 PM

Co-leader of this mod

so zany, after the pylon is done to perfection. does that mean that an internal beta release will be immediately after? smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 13 Jul 2007, 06:40 AM

Warlock

Well, here's an idea:

Do you want me to release the next beta with the Pylon (means a one month delay, roughly speaking) or shall I release it in a week or 2, whereby I make the following adjustments/fixes that I must do before release:

1. Implement Hydra & Griffon mortar voices by Neverhoodian (they're pretty good, but have no modifiers on them yet) into the game.

2. Attempt to fix (well, I've already attempted but I need to do more testing) the bug with floating destroyer corpses (I have no idea why it happens, though it may be a problem with the way the things maneouver). I'll probably take a book from wraiths for this.

3. Investigate into the SM Command squad.

4. Get Xamon's Defiler adjustments textured & ingame (he's added lascannons & Heavy bolter upgrades to it smile.gif )

5. Get the Bloodthirster possesion icon displaying with the other 'candidate units' (I know how to fix this as I think I managed to do it with the Aspiring Champion).

So, what shall it be? Pylon & month delay, or new release & 2 week delay (maximum I estimate)?

If you agree, then I'll forward this to the other fans at the relic forum thread.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 14 Jul 2007, 06:26 PM

Co-leader of this mod

in my opinion, i think we should do the 2 week thing. once the pylon is done, maybe you can release that as like a patched internal beta or something. kinda like u did before with TTRU 1.33 when 1st it was just 1.3. but overall, i think the 2 week thing should be a better idea.

--------------------
user posted image
Zany Reaper
Posted: 15 Jul 2007, 08:34 AM

Warlock

Ok, 2 week thing I'll think about then.
I'll ask the folks on the relic forums.

In the mean time, I'll continue some work on the pylon. As you may know, most of the new FX has been made & sorted out. I've just got to make animations & match the existing monolith FX that I already haven't dealt with (shouldn't be too hard now) to the future Pylon animations.

--------------------
WackyModder
Posted: 23 Jul 2007, 11:52 AM

Co-leader of this mod

Thought i decided to update this thread as you have in the relic forums, zany. smile.gif

INGAME PYLON PICS!:

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Showcase | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4329 seconds | Archive