Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
| Welcome to Star Wars Dominion. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
» General Roleplaying Rules «, Updated by Lao / Cain / Ryth Talkin
I choose to live. I choose to believe in a dream....
Member No.: 97
Joined: Jul '05
Looking for a map of the Galaxy? Look no further.http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars...axymap3.JPG
General Roleplaying Rules
- All fighting is now based on your Role Playing Skills, this means that if you are close statistically, that you can still defeat your enemy if you make your post of top notch quality and using great grammatical and vocabulary skills.
- Do not God RP. This is when you make your character seem unbeatable and invincible. An example of God RPing would be Making your character seem Invincible, cutting someone's arm off without their permission, or mutilating another player in any way without their consent.
- Try not to speak for other characters. Doing it occassionally is fine, but too much creates a problem.
- In missions, only staff can NPC unless a member has been approved to be a NPC by the Staff. If someone NPCs without the consent of the Staff, then they are to be reported and charged in that aspect.
- When Roleplaying on your own, try and take at least twenty minutes between your post. If you do less than that, or your posts are not high quality enough, then you could receive the consequences for spamming.
- You may not join another Faction just to spy on them, and if you have access to other Faction's Bases, then you cannot view these and have your character Roleplay with knowledge of what you viewed in the Faction's base.
- Always be nice and courteous to who you are fighting and make sure that you follow the Board Rules even in the fight.
- You can have a maximum of two Roleplaying Topics of your own open at once. Once one of them is complete or unsuccessful, you may begin another topic. If you have Staff consent to create a new topic, there are sometimes exceptions.
- Take turns in a battle, and be sure to allow others to have their fair share of a fight. For example if I am battling with Revan and Kain, I would allow Revan and Kain to have their turn, and then me, and then it would return to Kain and finally Revan, giving everyone an equal opportunity to have their fight played out.
- In your Topic Description make sure to specify if your topic is closed, for Sith, Jedi or your faction only. You can set the rules on who enters your topic, but remember, you can't be too exclusive.
- Do not spam. You may be warned and your warning level will increase, and another consequence could even take away your posting ability. An example of spam is making a very short RP post, as well as making one with no attempt at being grammatically or vocabularily correct, such as posting "I flu down 2 the plas 2 met the jedi." And a final example would be posting in a RP Topic too off topic, such as going OOC repeatedly or asking things like "Is this RP over yet?".
- In order to keep the thread moving, there will be a post order. For smaller rps there probably will not be, but for any thread that has an OOC thread please post in there and check it out to find out the post order. This is to keep the post in a reasonable, logical, and sane manner.
- In the line of keeping people posting. If one does not post within three days in a RP thread then anyone that is active within that thread can PM the missing party. this is if the missing party has not posted up that they have been busy with other things i.e. real life issues and such. If within five days the missing party has not responed to the pm and/or have not posted up that they are busy in real life. Then they can be skipped. If it is an invasion then the forces can be repulsed, but not like in one post, it has to be done with reason and more than one post.
- There is no limit to the number of "Moves" a character can do in a single post as long as they can be justified in Roleplay terms and as long as they do not Kill or Injure another registered character.
- When a character Attacks another character then the Post should end after the attack has been initiated so that the other character can post a reaction.
- Any and all rps posted with "Lethal RP" in the Topic Description. Will be deemed as harder rps, so younger players can watch out, and so the characters involved can lose limps, special items, and lives, to say the least. Please also note that these will be strickly watched by the mods and admin. If there are rules broken, and a limp or live lost. Then they can be put back together again.
Please follow all these simple rules to help make the RP a fun and enjoyable place!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.