InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Rebellious Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

WELCOME
We are a shoujo-based scanlation group founded on April 20th, 2008. We hope to bring you lots of good manga to read so please support us!

Happy bday, Domino

Rakuen Route ch5

You need 10 non-spam posts in our forums to access the releases!

RECRUITMENT
We are currently recruiting EDITORS, translators(j-e, k-e, c-e), quality checkers, and scanners! If you are interested, please visit the Recruitment section! You do not need to have experience to try for a translator, scanner, or editor position, we are willing to train newbies!

PROJECT STATUSES
Are you curious about how far into a chapter we are or when is the next release? Well then, check out our Twitter for instant updates and our full list of all our projects and their statuses.

WEBSITE
Please visit our website at: rebelliouslove.freehostia.com

Credits
Designed by Beatrix
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

add reply
new poll

The Last Airbender
canbari
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 05:22 AM

Nobility

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,535

So, today was opening night/day. Has anyone else seen it yet? I watched the first screening of it here at midnight. I don't want to spoil too much on it but...

HOLY MOTHER OF...*BEEP* The Last Airbender is, by far, the worst film I have ever seen in my life. I have no idea how M. Night could have messed it up so badly, but he magically found a way to make me want to gut myself a million times over for having wasted $40 on tickets for five people and wasting nearly 2 hrs of my life sitting in the theater watching that load of crap.

I had wanted to walk out so badly, but chose not to because I kept hoping it would get better. Unfortunately, it did not. It only continuously got worse (if that was even possible). It took the series...and trashed it. He threw it to the ground, stomped all over it, spat on it, stomped some more and then buried it far more than six feet under.

I've been raving angrily about this film since I came home around 2AM and three hours later, I'm still infuriated (it's now 5AM) at how pathetically done this film is. To be honest, I'm deathly afraid of what the potential second movie will be played out, but considering two of my favorite characters are from that book (Toph and THe Boulder), I'm probably going to see it anyway when it comes out (if it does).

And...out of all the characters, the only one decently portrayed (as in the only one remotely similar to its original character from the cartoon) is Zuko. Dev Patel did a fairly decent job. xD

And finally...the bending...looked like some really bad dance choreography to me. It took twenty or so different hand and leg movements to make one friggin' rock float slowly in the air. ~__~ Epic fail much?
lena
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 04:10 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 3,669

No I don't want to hear this. I really wanted to see this movie. Luckily for me I haven't watched the series. Maybe that will make the movie salvageable in my case. I'll post back after I watch it.
canbari
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 08:55 PM

Nobility

I've heard a mix of reviews from people who aren't familiar with the original animated series. Some said they liked it decently enough. A good number of others said it confused them to no end and they hated it. As someone who followed the animated series from start to finish (about twenty times too), the film confused even me. xD
jonboi24
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 03:06 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 3,680

The movie was so bad. They couldn't even pronounce Aang and Sokka right. The acting was horrible. The kid who played Aang looked the part but really sucked, though it was is first acting job so I'll cut him some slack. The whole movie felt like they took parts of the series and just cut and pasted them together. There was no sense of flow with the movie. There was very little character development and you really don't get a chance to connect with any other characters except for Aang and Zuko. The thing the movie missed on is the heart of the original series and the humor. M. Night Shaylaman took the movie to serious.
the-cascade[dot]org
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 04:33 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 3,681

I still prefer the animated series ;)
Nice 3D effects, though.
canbari
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 01:38 AM

Nobility

QUOTE (jonboi24 @ Jul 7 2010, 08:06 PM)
The movie was so bad. They couldn't even pronounce Aang and Sokka right. The acting was horrible. The kid who played Aang looked the part but really sucked, though it was is first acting job so I'll cut him some slack. The whole movie felt like they took parts of the series and just cut and pasted them together. There was no sense of flow with the movie. There was very little character development and you really don't get a chance to connect with any other characters except for Aang and Zuko. The thing the movie missed on is the heart of the original series and the humor. M. Night Shaylaman took the movie to serious.

Lol. xD You should've seen me from as soon as I got home after opening night till five days later. =O I was so infuriated with the film...~___~

M Night wanted to put his own "twist" into the film and his twist just so happen to include getting rid of each character's personality altogether. He claims that he "picked all the key points" from season one and included them in his film. Yet, he totally threw out the Kyoshi Warriors because he couldn't stand to cut just one part out...so, apparently, his only other option was to cut them out completely. *headdesk* Then, he didn't even include King Bumi or Jet...and the meeting of the Earth Kingdom people (the inventor guy) at the Northern Air Temple (whereas they had the Earth Kingdom dude ambush him there instead, somehow magically knowing Aang...or Ong really, would be there). Plus, there was absolutely no Roku (WTF because Roku is a very vital character)...and they didn't even mention what the heck the random dragon was that kept talking to Aang in the Spirit World was (which, I'm assuming, is Fang/Pang/whatever...Roku's dragon)...but who knows.

A lot of what was shown was utterly pointless, such as the barely preteen Earthbender kid who, I shall assume, is Haru (which my sisters and I laughed so hard, claiming Haru had turned into a prepubescent girly-looking boy). And stupidly enough, the Earthbenders were kept in a completely EARTH COVERED (aside from the metal gate) prison where they had all the access to all the Earth they could possible want to kick some Fire Nation butt and free their country/village (yet for some strangely odd reason, these Earthbenders were worthlessly torn and dejected rather than stubborn and persistent in their retaliation toward the Fire Nation). How Earthbender-like. And I only emphasize it because they decided to include this worthless portion in the film (and because I simply love Toph, Bumi and The Boulder to no end).

I simply "loved" how the "story" wasn't really shown to us, but was told via Katara's narration. Which, by the way, is one of the worst possible ways to play off a film that had so much potential. *sigh* And by playing it off that way, the characters were all underdeveloped. Plus, I think the film focused too much on Zhao rather than Zuko even (I feel like I hardly ever saw Zuko).

The effects looked nice, but the movements to get the effects to come out was just pathetic. The scene that pissed me off the most was the earthbenders scene at the prison. ~__~ All of that fancy footwork and hand movements only to move a friggin' rock the size of a pebble....

THIS IS HOW EARTHBENDING IS

EARTHBENDING FTW~ *flails*

If M Night magically gets to create the second film, he better not mess it up. I will thoroughly boycott the third film if the second one is like the first one.

And...sorry for the long post but...for the mispronunciations of the names...in a special, M Night said it was that he pushed for the "original Asian pronunciation" of the names and thus, it became "Ong" instead of "Aang", "Soahka" instead of "Sokka" and "Eeroh" instead of "Iroh"...which makes me LOL considering the fact that I'm Asian and I didn't quite care that the names were spoken in their original "Asian" accent or whatever (besides, having watched the series with the other pronunciations made me no longer care). And, had the film been remotely decent, I wouldn't have let the mispronounced names bother me...but because the film was worthlessly horrifying, the name pronunciations just added to my inability to withstand the film.
sweetiee
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 02:01 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 3,701

Hmm now im wondering if i shud watch this movie.. like i really loved the animated version, but have yet to watch the movie. 290.gif
stereoman
Posted: Oct 6 2010, 06:48 AM

Clergy

Member No.: 2,881

I heard from a lot of people that this movie sucked.

It makes me hesitate because I don't want to pay for something that sucks. I'm pretty mainstream when it comes to movies so I usually read reviews.

I haven't watched the cartoon show before.

Ugh, what to do? XD
WillTRiker
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 02:28 PM

Commonality

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 3,831

3.gif This was SO not what I wanted to hear.

I loved the cartoon. Drawn nicely, a good flowing story, great characters, exciting moments, a couple of romantic pairings, sprinkled with humor and a proper ending. If there was anything I had to bitch about it was that Aang with his no-killing mentality was perhaps a bit much and probably that Ember Island Player episode.

Sigh, I suppose it was inevitable I suppose that I would be dissapointed as there is no way you can squeeze such a large story in 3 movies and not cut much out from the original story, but dammit .... I had hoped for a little better pulled of adaptation.

Oh well, I guess I'll get it from a torrent then and save myself hitting myself over the head wasting money .... money I better can spend watching Despicable Me which looks hilirious.
soysuva
  Posted: Oct 8 2011, 07:48 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 4,184

The movie was very bad and directed. Everything was bad about it and on how they tried to portray the characters. Also what was bad was the acting.
13.gif
I prefer the Anime over the movie because it was much better!
The Shadow
Posted: May 25 2012, 09:53 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 4,282

I enjoyed it. Still haven't watched the cartoon though so I guess my opinion may change after I watch that.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

add reply
new poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2557 seconds | Archive

(`once upon a spring) skinned by Beatrix of Red Carpet & Rebellion, 300dpi , Shadowplay and Studio Circus