InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Rebellious Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

WELCOME
We are a shoujo-based scanlation group founded on April 20th, 2008. We hope to bring you lots of good manga to read so please support us!

Happy bday, Domino

Rakuen Route ch5

You need 10 non-spam posts in our forums to access the releases!

RECRUITMENT
We are currently recruiting EDITORS, translators(j-e, k-e, c-e), quality checkers, and scanners! If you are interested, please visit the Recruitment section! You do not need to have experience to try for a translator, scanner, or editor position, we are willing to train newbies!

PROJECT STATUSES
Are you curious about how far into a chapter we are or when is the next release? Well then, check out our Twitter for instant updates and our full list of all our projects and their statuses.

WEBSITE
Please visit our website at: rebelliouslove.freehostia.com

Credits
Designed by Beatrix
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
add reply
new poll

Favorite Books?, Share and recommend us some!
Clark3
Posted: Sep 30 2009, 08:06 PM

Commonality

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,768

I enjoy reading to the bone and it's hard to find me without a book, though seldom possible. So I made a thread where we could all share which books fascinated us the most and maybe others just might consider giving it a go as well. I'd like to share three books that I love to the core which are: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher.

Here are some brief summaries on the books:
(Taken from Barnes&Noble)
The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.

The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .

Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.

Th1rteen R3asons Why, Jay Asher

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker–his classmate and crush–who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

Now let's hear some of yours?
Saffea
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 05:05 PM

Cosplay Freak
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2,703

The Mortal Instruments (Series) by Cassandra Clare
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
Beastly by Alex Flinn

6.gif
Kheomerin
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 08:14 AM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,816

I love every book of J.R.R. Tolkien. Especially Lord of the Rings and Children of Hurin. My second fav book is Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen <3). I think Eragon, The Eldest and Brisingr are great fantasy books. I'm also a huge fan of Robert Louis Stevenson Treasure Island! Lately I've been reading George Orwells Animal Farm and have to say it's a really great book!

So these are my favourite ones ^^. 292.gif
KrimzoneReaver
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 11:13 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,819

My favorite books are the ones written by R.A. Salvatore around the character Drizz't Do'Urden. These books are set in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, but even if you are not a D&D fan, you may still enjoy these books.
The action is so well written that you can really picture every move that the fighters make. It is also interesting how Drizz't overcomes various obstacles (not just obstacles as in enemies, but also sexism and racism) and learns from the experiences. Drizz't is a very inspiring character and he is the kind of person I hope to become.
If you are a fan of fantasy, D&D, action, or just an incredible story, I highly recommend picking up one of the books.
diogotome
Posted: Oct 21 2009, 04:31 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,873

The Odyssey by Homer and the Lusiads by Camőes - you can't beat those.
sweet-autumn
Posted: Oct 21 2009, 09:25 PM

Nobility

Member No.: 2,829

hmm my favorite books.
are all theb books made by bob ong and also
the purpose of driven life
mewmew
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 10:11 AM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,882

Heartland by Lauren brooke
Twilight by stephaney meyer
Harry potter
stereoman
Posted: Oct 29 2009, 04:59 PM

Clergy

Member No.: 2,881

I love the Otori Clan series.
Some people don't recognize the books if you just say "The Otori Clan" so if I say "Across the nightingale floor", does it ring any bell?

It's a series written by Lian Hearn. Really good story and most people that like Japan and samurais should love this.

I also enjoyed Battle Royale, the novel.
wildcat
Posted: Oct 29 2009, 10:09 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,897

my favorite book is As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
it's really intense!
hira1994
Posted: Nov 3 2009, 08:25 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,909

My favourite books would be by Sarah Dessen & Pride and Prejudice & Harry Potter ! :)

Others:
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Vampire Academy 1-3 by Richelle Mead ( didn't like the 4th one )
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins .
mikiachan22
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 02:59 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,888

My first favorite book is Water Tales of elemental spirits . it has short stories and my favorite one, The Sea-king’s Son . Be the way its written i dont like but the story is sweet.

Then my second fav is the twilight saga 284.gif
Haruna
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:42 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,894

Today,I´m still in Nora Roberts´fase 282.gif

By the way,I recommend for those who just love a romance,with drama and kick-ass girls power! 283.gif
ca13e
Posted: Nov 26 2009, 10:22 PM

Commonality

Member No.: 2,966

Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks. The main character is a fresh antihero and it hooks you in deeply.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I fall for post-apocolyptic stuff all the time.
RaveN_13
Posted: Jan 22 2010, 08:02 AM

Nobility

Member No.: 2,995

Hi guys!

Here are some of the books I've read about vampires and I give it two thumbs up!
1) Vampire kisses by ellen schreiber

user posted image

2) Eternal by cynthia leitich smith

user posted image

3) Tantalize by Cynthia leitich smith

user posted image

4) Immortal by P.C. Cast

user posted image

I haven't read twilight yet. 288.gif

I love books about vampires but here are some that are not related to it:
1) Looking for alaska
2) Hell on earth
3) The little white horse
4) Eldaterra
5) The tiger's apprentice
pandaeyes
Posted: Jan 22 2010, 10:35 AM

Commonality

Member No.: 3,149

The Mortal Instrument Trilogy by Cassandra Clare!!!!

It is the best trilogy that I have ever read. It's got romance, action, adventure, mystery, suspense and fantasy.

It's really enoyable and the she throws in great twists when you least expect! 282.gif

Ra-chan
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2 
add reply
new poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4524 seconds | Archive

(`once upon a spring) skinned by Beatrix of Red Carpet & Rebellion, 300dpi , Shadowplay and Studio Circus