If people like me get to the topic by using the link first, how in the world do they find out whose dreams they are until after they are under the impression they can post the same?
It's a shortcut to get there that I use all the time first, therefore I (assuming I am a regular member) wouldn't notice that you were the only person intending to post their dreams there until later.
Posted on Mar 23 2008, 02:54 PM
The "my" part kind of gives it away, dude.
Erctai: Lone Ranger
Posted on Mar 23 2008, 12:03 PM
None taken. But the next time you post about a topic like that, maybe you should specify "Purple Zordon's Dreams", with whatever name you choose (for the forum). That way, it doesn't sound like it's open to the "public" for posting. Just a thought.
Posted on Mar 21 2008, 06:40 PM
Well, this thread is more about my dreams. You can post about your's in another thread.
Erctai: Lone Ranger
Posted on Mar 21 2008, 05:03 PM
Not bad, but a little sad that you didn't mention me... Just kidding, you don't really know me that well anyways, we're just strangely similar...
As for my dreams, I hope that someday (actually, for a long time now) that I will have clones who can do different aspects of my life, so I can take all of the opportunities, and everything is commutative.
Other dreams that I've had at one point:
- co-author with all my favorites, possibly even more than that - sing with all Christian rock bands, possibly more - play in a string quartet (I play violin) - listen to all the barbershoppers in the world (part of the BHS and proud of it!) - compose great works for all instruments (including voice) - learn to play/play actively, every instrument in the world - tour the world - live in a huge (lot of emphasis) mansion with all my friends and everything I could ever want - achieve my goal of E.E.F. (getting Everything Everywhere Forever...)
And such crazy things like that.
Posted on Mar 21 2008, 01:08 PM
What did you think of what I listed???
Erctai: Lone Ranger
Posted on Mar 20 2008, 10:18 PM
1) You have enough posts that you're in my birth year! Pretty insane, isn't it?
2) I bet all of us have dreams... (raises imaginary glass) I declare a toast! To fulfilled dreams! (deep draught)
Posted on Mar 20 2008, 07:39 PM
Posted on Mar 20 2008, 07:07 PM
i wish you luck on this.
Posted on Mar 20 2008, 02:09 PM
The following are dreams I want to fulfill.
1) To move back to the lake area I grew up in because it's a HUMONGUS part of my life. My parents first met there and I lived there for fourteen years. I have so many memories that flood my mind whenever I go past the dam or pass through the area. Even the smell brings back memories. Memories like swimming in the lake with my friends & family. Getting my dog Max. The alligator snapping turtle that crawled up to my house and allowed my dad & I to scare my sister twice. The Fourth Of July fireworks displays. The dogs my dog was friends with. The great neighbors we had. Living close to my relatives. Walking on the frozen lake & seeing frozen bubbles that looked like jellyfish in suspended animation. The peace & quiet at night. Getting eaten alive by mosquitos. Seeing a comet pass our planet through my telescope. Accidentally giving my grandmother's old car a bath after turning the hose faucet on to water some plants and water spraying out of the faucet. The parties I had. Meeting my best friend face to face for the first time. Creating my forum Powers United As One. Spending a lot of time writing my Power Rangers, Ghostbusters, Digimon, Transformers & Pokémón fanfics on my computer. Etc.
2) My first car to be a Mustang, purple and/or yellow. I had a friend who's a Mustang fanatic. I even gave him a book about the history of the vehicle as a gift one Christmas. Now I see them all the time. Especially in the parking lot at work. I see old models & recent ones. I'm always looking for where the gas cap is because I want to put a certain car decal on it to make it stick out. This One. It'll make the car look like it's actually an Autobot in disguise.
3) To get married and have a good-sized family. Namely have a son because I'm the last Thompson male in my family. I all ready decided what I want to name him to continue a thing my dad & I have. Our initials spell RAT. The "A" stands for different names for us and, to honor my geekness & fandom of a certain comic book superhero, it's gonna stand for "Allen" for my son after the second Flash.
4) To become a champion duelist with a sweet deck. I have so many Yu-Gi-Oh cards that I should have a bunch of decks made all ready. Instead, all I have is ideas for certain groups of monsters. With advice from some friends of mine, I hope to do great and make new friends in the process.
5) To meet some of my other internet friends in person. Friends like Scott, John, Giles, Tymon, Eddie, Angie, Nicole/Goofy, Michael/Aniki, Phil, etc. These guys have been great friends. Some have given me advice and others have used ideas I suggested either by accident or on purpose. I've helped these guys and they've helped me. And they've managed to put up with me during the times I was an ass. For that, I am most grateful.