LOOK, IT'S A RAT PAINTED YELLOW, IT MUST BE A PIKACHU. HURRY! USE YOUR MASTER BALL!"

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Has Anone Tried To Prevent You From Seeing/Hearing, anyone tried to sway your beliefs?
thepokeman2211
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:43 PM

2BA Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

My parents never believed my ability to see, so much so that they took me to see a psychologist who told me I COULD NEVER SEE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE and that POKEMON WEREN'T REAL! He even gave me pills that stopped my visions of Pokemon! Well, I recently stopped taking these pills and now I can see/hear them once again!

Any other members have similar negative experiences with people not believing your gift/connection?

--------------------
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Pokechow! biggrin.gif

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"
-Dr. Timothy Leary as herd on the live version of Tool's "Third Eye"

user posted image

user posted image
Mew2
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:44 PM

Unregistered

No, not really. Most of my experiances come from my dreams, and I keep them a secret, but it's cool with you guys.
IBELIEVE
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:44 PM

Unregistered

Thats horrible! I cant believe they would deny you a gift like seeing pokemon! Some people say they see ghosts, do they get pills too? Ignorance...
Disable
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:46 PM

Has his own Gardevoir!

Member No.: 27

That's terrible...
This is exactly why I'm keeping my Pokémon a secret...

--------------------
Yes, I know Gardevoirs can't preform Disable.
Shota Ash
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:48 PM

Unregistered

My favorite pokemon, Tyranitar, my mom said looked evil. Then she saw a doctored image of a Pikachu from the fake Christian site Land Over Baptist and threw away all my pokemon stuff. This was in 2003 and since about 2005 I've been allowed to have pokemon stuff back but it's never been the same cause I had so many cards, games, and time in it.

True story btw.
SteelixShadow
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:51 PM

Elite Four

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (Shota Ash @ Mar 22 2008, 08:48 PM)
My favorite pokemon, Tyranitar, my mom said looked evil. Then she saw a doctored image of a Pikachu from the fake Christian site Land Over Baptist and threw away all my pokemon stuff. This was in 2003 and since about 2005 I've been allowed to have pokemon stuff back but it's never been the same cause I had so many cards, games, and time in it.

True story btw.

I'm really sorry that happened. My mom thinks that my Pokemon love is just a fad"", but I don't tell her about Steelix. I know that most people who don't understand us would think we are crazy, but sometimes in life you have to just put up with that kind of stuff. I mean, the wrigh brothers were thought crazy when they invented planes, but now we fly every day.

--------------------
"When the winds swept by us in the night, I knew that Steelix and I had felt something together, and the the end of my life as a lonely teen were ended."

-SteelixShadow

user posted image
user posted image
GLaDoSvox
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:51 PM

Gym Leader

Member No.: 59

Oh, Shota Ash, I'm so sorry. My mother did the same thing, only she got upset because I got my arm broken in the playground pretending to be a Dragonite and jumping off the trees. I had to sell all my cards and games! It was so horrible. If my father had still been married to Mum he would never had let her.

I used to go around to my friend's house and play with her instead. I'd pretend to be a Rapidash because it was her favourite Pokemon and at night I'd tell myself stories about the Rapidash I pretended to be. I think it was real, somewhere, somehow. It felt real, and it still does.

EDIT: Is this the article you meant, Ash?

--------------------
Pi, pi-ka-chuuuu! I will always love you!
user posted image
F-code coming soon, I can never remember what it is. sad.gif
Red
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:52 PM

Unregistered

I have an Indigo League cap that I wore when I was 12 for a long time. One time, my Mom asked my why I wore it so much, so I told her it was because I was Ash. She thought I was joking so I showed her I was serious. She though I was crazy and took my to the doctor's for a couple months. After all that, I pretended like I was "normal" again and never said anything about me believing what I do. Ever.
Giygas_Is_A_Fetus
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:52 PM

Unregistered

I keep my belief in Pokemon a secret but my parents thing it's weird that I keep telling them to buy me the newer Pokemon games...
I also pre-ordered the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and that's what go them suspicious ohmy.gif
Macintosh
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:54 PM

Unregistered

See, this is why we must be smart about our cause.

We must not share our experiences or information with anyone but each other.

I truly believe that we, the Enlightened, have, in fact, been chosen to know what we know because we already have such a strong bond with our future partners.
JoJo
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 08:59 PM

Gym Leader

Member No.: 45

i've seen quite a few pokemon in my time but until i found you guys i had to keep it all to myself i dont think my parents would like it if they knew the truth angry.gif sad.gif
thepokeman2211
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 09:02 PM

2BA Master

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (JoJo @ Mar 22 2008, 08:59 PM)
i've seen quite a few pokemon in my time but until i found you guys i had to keep it all to myself i dont think my parents would like it if they knew the truth angry.gif sad.gif

Parents never understand, I'd move out but I'd have to pay rent, and I wouldn't have any money left to spend on Pokemon cards/games or Pokechow that my 16 year old brother sells me.

--------------------
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Pokechow! biggrin.gif

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"
-Dr. Timothy Leary as herd on the live version of Tool's "Third Eye"

user posted image

user posted image
Smell you later
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 09:13 PM

Unregistered

Most people won't understand, they'll just persecute us for our beliefs. That said, it's still important that we persuade as many people as possible. Especially those that believe in other universes like a Sonic or Digimon universe. While they're wrong, they have the right idea, and will likely be open to the idea of the true Pokemon universe.
KirbyMan
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 09:14 PM

Elite Four

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 63

Yes one. ate him.
PokemonPrincesz
Posted: Mar 22 2008, 09:17 PM

Unregistered

ya my parents r always liek they r not real but i know dey r!! angry.gif angry.gif
« Next Oldest | Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.
Back to Top ^^^

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6158 seconds | Archive