This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone modified by JDX
All views expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of pilotsfor911truth.org
Please click on the banner to read the mission statement of pilotsfor911truth.org

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Pilots For Truth. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

This Forum Is Now Read Only. New Forum Can Be Found Here. Thank You.

Afghan Reporter Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy, The imported"democracy and human rights"
tumetuestumefaisdubien
  Posted: Jan 24 2008, 01:09 PM

Active Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,452

Afghan Reporter Sentenced to Death for Blasphemy

A young journalist in the north of Afghanistan faces the death penalty in what observers say is a well-orchestrated campaign of intimidation against the media.

By Hafizullah Gardesh and Jean MacKenzie in Kabul Kabul (ARR No. 280, 22-Jan-08)
A journalist in northern Afghanistan, Sayed Parwez Kaambakhsh, has been sentenced to death for blasphemy in a summary trial in which he had no legal representation and no opportunity to defend himself.

Sentencing took place in a closed session of the lower court of Balkh region on January 22.

“It was about four pm when guards brought me into a room where there were three judges and an attorney sitting behind their desks. There was no one else,” Kambakhsh told IWPR.

“The death sentence had already been written. I wanted to say something, but they would not let me speak.

“They too said nothing. They just handed me a piece of paper on which it was written that I had been sentenced to death. Then armed guards came and took me out of the room, and brought me back to the prison.”

...the article continues at the above link

Yes, it looks like that famous imported american democracy and human rights - it reminds the awaited results of the Military Commissions Act in combination with the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act- although not fully yet - in US there would be no right to appeal...
dMole
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 01:24 PM

Very Active Poster

Member No.: 2,294

Yup, Cheney and the Joint Chiefs will "democracy" the sh*t out of you.

I remember one of the generals saying something about "hopefully we're not just blasting rubble from one pile to the next" or something to that effect, but I can't remember if he meant Afghanistan or Iraq.

Oh well, just so Unocal's pipeline gets through undaunted...

Heil Halliburton. nonono.gif

This post has been edited by dMole on Jan 24 2008, 01:25 PM
dv8
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 02:29 PM

Very Active Poster

Member No.: 160

Definately smells like a MCA trial run by proxy. Soon it will be at our door-step.
directearnings
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 03:03 PM

Active Poster

Member No.: 179

all he has or had to do to get out of the sentance is to not agree to it and waive the benefit/privilage thumbsup.gif

for a human to have power over another human, you must have consent, especially for 'sentancing'

thats too bad he does understand or knows his unlienable birth rights angry.gif
lunk
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 04:35 PM

Very Active Poster

Member No.: 875

Next, they will be going after artists.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Latest News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1148 seconds | Archive