Otherworld

Welcome to The Otherworld Miniatures Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Otherworld Miniatures Website
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Jo Brumby
Otherworld
Posted: May 7 2009, 09:23 AM

Red Dragon
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Jo Brumby's (aka 'Snuurg') Otherworld sculpting credits include:

DV3a - Giant Rats
DV3b - Giant Rat Pack Leader
DM10a - Troglodytes I
DM13 - Giant Frogs

You can post questions for Jo here. Please bear in mind that he's a busy man, and he may not find time to regularly update this section.
snuurg
Posted: May 9 2009, 05:45 AM

Kobold

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Mornin' all, thought I'd post a quickie in here to show my face - a nice idea for a forum-slot, this. Dunno if I'll raise anything like as much interest as the likes of Mr Muller and my other peers here what with being a bit of a new kid on the block, but hello to whoever might be looking in smile.gif

As noted in the start-post, I do spend a lot of time being busy - and the mini-making is a secondary thing to my 'proper' work, so it sucks up most of whatever spare time I do manage to find - but I'll do me best to keep at least one eye on this place from time to time - meanwhile, better be off for now - gotta try and get on with a couple of somethings-or-other for the latest Frother's competition, plus of course a few more bits and pieces to start planning for adding further to the ever-expanding bestiary of Otherworld...

--------------------
...I am the thing that darkness fears...
marjasall
Posted: May 9 2009, 07:51 AM

Troglodyte

Member No.: 7

Thanks for the introduction. I think that your sculpts are superb. Especially the Troglodytes. I'm eager to see more of your renditions. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
snuurg
Posted: May 10 2009, 06:27 AM

Kobold

- cheers for that, glad you like 'em... and yup, hopefully more on the way sometime soon.

--------------------
thenorthman
Posted: May 12 2009, 05:39 AM

Pig-faced Orc

Member No.: 18

Ditto on the sculpts being great!

Looking forward to the Troglodytes, I have ordered two packs and thinking might get a third... depending how much I can make them look different.

Sean
Cthulhu
Posted: May 14 2009, 01:29 AM

Beholder

Member No.: 12

I quite like the anthropomorphic animals on your site. Nice work!

How do you like 28mm sculpting?
SeymourGlass
Posted: May 21 2009, 01:00 AM

Ogre

Member No.: 16

I've got both the rats and troglodytes and love both. I was pleasantly surprised by the trogs, being that they are pretty darn big and beefy looking. So that leads to the question: when do we get more troglodytes? Can't wait.
snuurg
Posted: May 25 2009, 05:45 AM

Kobold

- hmm, this thing seems to have stopped sending me notifications of new replies to the topic, so apologies for not having got back sooner...

- anyway, thanks to all for all the positive stuff smile.gif Meanwhile, for the more specific questions,

@Cthulhu - just about getting the hang of it I think - got my eyesight tested for the first time in about a decade the other day and turns out I've had no further deterioration in all that time, so apparently all this squinting hasn't done any real harm smile.gif

- and @SeymourGlass: well, think I'm more or less done and dusted with the various competitiony-bits now, so I'll probably be looking to get started properly on the next Trog set by the middle-to-end of this week...

--------------------
Clyde Speaks
Posted: Aug 16 2009, 07:23 PM

Gnoll

Member No.: 8

Hey Jo,

I was just wondering if you have started on the second Troglodyte set yet? Your first set was killer and I'm so ready to pick up the next one. Whatever you can tell us would be great (or show us). biggrin.gif
snuurg
Posted: Sep 3 2009, 05:26 PM

Kobold

Hey there - sorry for the long-delayed reply, 'fraid on top of everything else my computer decided to die, so I had to go through the whole getting-a-new-one thing, coupled with then having to sort out new connection, then wrestle all my old info and stuff off the old machine - anyway, yawn to all that - but meanwhile the next lot of trogs are well on the way, hopefully have at least the first two or three of the batch ready for dispatch to Richard over/after this weekend - been missing promised dates several times now, no doubt earned meself a curse or two, but shouldn't be long now...

--------------------
zhu bajie
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 08:55 PM

Ogre

Member No.: 69

Jo, your wolf pack and Dire wolves look great. I haven't bought any (yet), but I think it's inevitable. What did you use for reference? do you keep dogs?

--------------------
zhu's blog : Realm of Zhu
snuurg
Posted: Jun 16 2010, 05:03 AM

Kobold

- nope, have never owned a dog but have known a fair few folks that do or did... never really been a 'dog-person' in fact although I did always quite fancy having an actual wolf as a pet rather than one of the more modern relatives smile.gif But I guess I got a fair bit of practice with the canine form during my formative years of sculpting at larger scale, went through a lot of commissions for peoples' pets, with dogs aplenty among them.

- and otherwise, I've always liked wolves in any case, and have several wolfy books with tons of reference pix, so it was a nice project to have a crack at. Anyway, glad you like 'em, ta for that smile.gif

--------------------
Rogull72
Posted: Feb 4 2011, 03:12 PM

Stirge

Member No.: 209

Your giant weasels scare the hell out of me.

When these were announced I did think they were a bit of an obscure choice considering all the monster options fantasy games like Dungeons & Dragons have to offer (and joked about wanting Chaos Ferrets) but having seen the miniatures they're just as terrifying as any Wandering Monster.

/puts on +1 Bicycle Clips versus Mustelidae Scurrying
snuurg
Posted: Feb 4 2011, 10:37 PM

Kobold

- weasels are scary buggers, at any size - recently saw a documentary on 'em, where these little critters not much bigger than your hand were killing and dragging off rabbits... so you can imagine what giant ones might be capable of!

--------------------
Smithy
Posted: Feb 4 2011, 11:07 PM

Hill Giant

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (snuurg @ Feb 4 2011, 10:37 PM)
- weasels are scary buggers, at any size - recently saw a documentary on 'em, where these little critters not much bigger than your hand were killing and dragging off rabbits... so you can imagine what giant ones might be capable of!

Yup. blood drain. I have been meaning to assault the PCs in my campaign with these for a while. Can't wait to paint them and release them on the tabletop!

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1611 seconds | Archive