Oracle Zone has a new CharCom or Character Community system. CharCom uses all registered characters found in Trainer Enlisted as NPCs in journeys. Unlike joint journeys, they were controlled by the Authors and Fates. A character can then play different roles depending on one's journey (kind of like an alternate universe, if you think of it). The system is not required or mandatory though, but we highly encourage members to support it. We are open to negotiate in the use of your characters if you're not comfortable having another use them on his or her own will.
When a character is used or mentioned, the Persona would be awarded Merit Points, which can be used to buy in the OOC store. The Merit Points awarded depend on the role the character played and the activity of the Persona.
To ensure that no board or OZ policies is broken, here is a guideline of questions you might want to consider about the CharCom System:
- Would it be fine for me if someone else uses my character?
- Would I be willing to handle the changes and consequences if ever I have a joint journey to a journey that had my character in it already?
- Is my character holding back "secrets" that I think he or she just cannot be played right?
- Do I want to go for the heck of it and just see what happens?
- Am I conscious of how my character would be treated if someone else plays it?
- Do I have a strict storyline in mind (for the character)that I don't want anyone else messing with it?
In response to that, we are open for negotiations. (We don't negotiate the amount of MP rewarded, though!) If you would like to go through a post involving your character (in something trivial or important), we could refer to you first if you'd like. However, we need a maximum amount of days we could wait for your reply. If you do not reply, we will post without your consent.
Please make sure you've understood this agreement. Although this may sound like fishy business, we believe it would be quite an interesting system to see. Please specify clearly your agreement in a negotiation when you sign-up.