WING-NUTS MESSAGE BOARDS GENERAL RULES
1. This is a family safe forum intended to build community conversation, so we don't allow obscene, racist or sexually explicit language. Personal attacks are not permitted. We reserve the right to remove posts that are abusive, hateful, or defame or insult anyone in any way. We also reserve the right to remove posts that are off-topic or posts that try to repeatedly move the conversation away from the current topic.
2. It's a comic book forum, not a bar. Do not threaten, intimidate or attempt to make another poster uncomfortable with hints towards personal action of any kind (including but not limited to: physical harm, meeting in the 'real world', other inappropriate contact). Your account will be deleted.
3. No solicitations are allowed. Do not spam the board with threads about your personal businesses. Small links within your signatures are acceptable so long as promoting your personal business or other message board/forum is not the sole reason you are here.
EXCEPTION: Well known comic book professionals may inform us of their upcoming published work. Self published material does not meet this exception unless it is for charity.
4. You may link to other informational web sites when relevant to the discussion, but links to commercial sites are generally not allowed.
5. Choose a username carefully. You may not use names that are offensive, that suggest illegal activities or that are meant to imitate other users. Any such names will be blocked from posting on our message boards. Do not activate multiple accounts; one username per member.
6. You must respect the privacy of individuals. This means no posting of phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, personal contact information or any other private information. We discourage users from posting such information even about themselves, as we cannot control how that information may be used beyond our message boards.
7. Don't broadcast your post. Do not post the same (or even cleverly re-worded) topic of conversation in more than one thread.
8. One thread per topic. Don't post more than one thread about what could generally be considered the same topic. Example: if the latest issue of Batman is currently being discussed, donít start a new thread about how awesome you think it was to read.
9. Signatures. Please keep signatures in the body of your posting to no more than 250 pixels in height. For example: Signatures that take up more room than your post are probably too large.
10. Don't help the bad guys. If you encourage, support or otherwise aid someone else in violating the rules of the board, you may be 'grouped into' the action taken. If somebody's starting a flame-war, the best thing you can do is stand aside and let them be dealt with.
12. Remember the house. Please respect the house by not posting messages that are disparaging to the fanclub, its staff or its moderators. If you have a complaint about a moderator or administrator, please private message another administrator or moderator.
13. You participate at your own risk on the board, and in private messages. You take responsibility for postings under your username and use the information provided here at your own risk. The Wing-Nuts forum takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted here.
14. We reserve the right to remove any post or user from our message boards - although we have no duty to do so. When posts are deleted, it's usually because they violate one or more of our house rules. Repeated violation of these rules may result in the suspension of your posting privileges.
15. Please do not abuse the Private Messaging system . Do not send out mass private messages, and do not send out blanket private messages that include or refer to a post made. Allow the board to take an interest in your posts on their own.
REMEMBER: The moderators help maintain a fun and free flowing board. The moderating team will act in accordance with these rules, as well as enforce them. Any moderating action taken is done through a discussion by the moderating team prior to any action being taken. Anyone upset about moderating actions may feel free to discuss the action taken to a moderator, IN PRIVATE, by private messages. Do not air your personal grievances on the board. However, moderating action will not be overturned unless they are grossly outrageous and an abuse of power.