zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

Just some general stuff
Omega2042
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 08:55 PM

Unregistered

I gave Ayame an older brother to provide a motive for doing anything

This is the sort of thing I was talking about. Your NPC is becoming a bit on the GM side of things. So everyone take note, dont have your NPCs become story GMs. You know like if you want to do something, but cant think of a reason why. Dont just make an NPC pop up give you a reason and leave. It sit on the fence of being a GM.
Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 09:10 PM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

QUOTE (Omega2042 @ Jun 9 2007, 02:55 PM)
I gave Ayame an older brother to provide a motive for doing anything

This is the sort of thing I was talking about. Your NPC is becoming a bit on the GM side of things. So everyone take note, dont have your NPCs become story GMs. You know like if you want to do something, but cant think of a reason why. Dont just make an NPC pop up give you a reason and leave. It sit on the fence of being a GM.

I think it would be GM if he interacted with other characters or gave an advantage over other people's characters. I take care to make sure he only interacts with Ayame and doesn't do anything to make her stronger than anyone else other than offer advice or w/e.

If he were my character, yeah it'd be GM. But I don't ever plan to use him to help Ayame in a fight or anything like that, his main purpose is to advance storyline for Ayame when I don't want to do a training post or in between missions or things like that.
Omega2042
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 09:20 PM

Unregistered

Why do you think GMing only applies to fighting? Having a character that only shows up when you want to learn something can be trouble. For example, what if I made an NPC that came along and told me about the Hyuuga's blind spot? Then I could claim I know it and use it in a fight and it wouldnt be a GM because I was told it was there.

So I am telling not just you, but everyone: You need to be carefull with NPCs. It is easy to GM with them if you dont watch what they tell you.
Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Omega2042 @ Jun 9 2007, 03:20 PM)
Why do you think GMing only applies to fighting? Having a character that only shows up when you want to learn something can be trouble. For example, what if I made an NPC that came along and told me about the Hyuuga's blind spot? Then I could claim I know it and use it in a fight and it wouldnt be a GM because I was told it was there.

So I am telling not just you, but everyone: You need to be carefull with NPCs. It is easy to GM with them if you dont watch what they tell you.

If someone were rping as Neji, they could easily use NPC Hiashi as a way to learn the blind spot. As there really isn't any other way of learning it without dying, that wouldn't really be GM.

When I use him I think "Could she learn what he's telling her without him being there?" and if the answer is no, it's probably GM and I wouldn't use it. But if she could do it anwaays...
Omega2042
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 01:15 AM

Unregistered

Or you could not argue with me for once and just follow what I say. Why not try that instead of arguing with everything I say.
Ds14
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 04:41 AM

If I disagree with you I'm not going to sit there and be quiet if it involves me and could cause trouble in the future. Don't take it so seriously. It's not only a game but a game based off of a cartoon. Chillax, brah.

---

On a separate note, there were a lot of posts today. Congrats to everyone for keeping this thing going where it completely died last year.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0259 seconds · Archive