zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Why Can't We Be Friends? (Poll)

Which would you prefer?
Option 1 [ 8 ]  [57.14%]
Option 2 [ 4 ]  [28.57%]
Option 3 [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Option 4 [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Uchiha Satori
Posted on Feb 1 2007, 09:55 AM

ANBU

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Which would you prefer? Feel free to leave feedback

1) A free roleplay that focuses on genin growing into advanced ninjas, with overlying story lines and arcs created by the staff. In this setting, a genin would have a relatively slow paced growth, and not become jounin until early next year.

2) A roleplay that has no particular focus, but contains story arcs created by the staff to involve all ranks of shinobi. A genin here could probably reach jounin level by October

3) A plain free roleplay. The only story arcs will be created by the members themselves, there will be no real focus, and things will be for the most part left to the users. A genin could reach jounin level by October

4) A mission based roleplay in which members would progress the story by completing missions that would affect both villages, and different things around the board. The growth here would be like option 1, but some missions may be mandatory. The story would consist mostly of feuding between the different villages.
Ds14
Posted on Feb 2 2007, 12:41 AM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Member No.: 45

A path where genin wouldn't become jounin until around next year is kinda unrealistic. Do you honestly believe we'll last through another summer drought, anyways? I say we go for number two, with optional story arcs to progress characters.
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted on Feb 2 2007, 01:10 AM

Unregistered

Why not have it take a year? Think about it. If you want a Jounin that bad/that fast, just have a character starting at that rank. Also, I like 1 because it sounds like the kind of RP that would mean something and connect the characters better, rather than a bunch of random topics with no basic plot.
Kanki-chan
Posted on Feb 4 2007, 12:48 AM

Unregistered

I liked the idea of option 4's feuding villages, but 1 is more realistic: since I can't exactly "control" internet time, mandatory missions would quickly be a problem for me. The only question is: if we do go with a genin-based rp, would we have to re-register our characters that some of us have now at genin level and so forth?
Ds14
Posted on Feb 4 2007, 02:03 AM

As for option one some of the fun of being a genin is hoping to get to a higher rank. I am very optimistic about the future of Jiyuu, but i don't think it'll make it (in a stable form) through next January.

I think becoming a jounin by October is fine, October's a pretty damn long way away.

How Jiyuu was before is fine. Progression should be based on the quality of rping. A character like Itachi should be possible if one roleplays well enough, imo.
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted on Feb 4 2007, 02:25 AM

Unregistered

Personally, I could care less as to how long it takes. It's the adventure as a Genin that's fun, once your a Jounin, there's nothing more to "learn." You either have your own team or complete missions.
Ds14
Posted on Feb 4 2007, 03:46 AM

Yeah, but there should be a feeling that you're going somewhere as you go on adventures. The way we did it last time was pretty good, imo.

I'm sticking with option 2 because it seems like the most likely option that would let people advance their character by rping well. If you want to stick around for adventure, just rp losing your chuunin exam stuff in a dignified manner or w/e. I'd personally want a genin to learn new things and eventually become a powerful jounin. The way option one is going, they'd get to be a semi strong genin and then the rpg would dry up again.
Ds14
Posted on Feb 12 2007, 02:05 AM

Ummm, friends. Isn't this kinda important?
Kanki-chan
Posted on Feb 12 2007, 02:18 AM

Unregistered

Yes, it is important when it comes to how this rp will be set up, but if your whole problem is having something to do before Jiyuu "dries up," you've got to remember that no matter what the format of rping this site will have, it'll all come down to the Rpers. The whole reason Jiyuu dries up is because people (for whatever reason, being work, life, or school) stop posting on Jiyuu. I'm still sticking with option 1, and suggesting that one tries to make sure that Jiyuu doesn't dry up again.
Ds14
Posted on Feb 12 2007, 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Kanki-chan @ Feb 11 2007, 08:18 PM)
Yes, it is important when it comes to how this rp will be set up, but if your whole problem is having something to do before Jiyuu "dries up," you've got to remember that no matter what the format of rping this site will have, it'll all come down to the Rpers.  The whole reason Jiyuu dries up is because people (for whatever reason, being work, life, or school) stop posting on Jiyuu.  I'm still sticking with option 1, and suggesting that one tries to make sure that Jiyuu doesn't dry up again.

It's somewhat inevitable. People going to college, people having other stuff to do during the summer/breaks. That's why I think it dries up.

Some of us tried to keep it alive before this summer, but it died anyways. So it goes.
FinalRagnarok
Posted on Feb 18 2007, 11:08 PM

Unregistered

Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong topic
Omega2042
Posted on Feb 18 2007, 11:15 PM

Unregistered

I say go with number one. It feels more in the spirit of Naruto to have the focus be on the growth of genin. The pace of the growth isnt that big of an issue as it can be changes easily if there are any major problems. So the real issue is just how the RP will flow.
FinalRagnarok
Posted on Feb 18 2007, 11:41 PM

Unregistered

The RP ain't gonna flow too well without more members. Or more active members. Argento pretty much ditched us after the first time we tried to RP so the only team that can RP has faced another roadblock.
Ds14
Posted on Feb 19 2007, 12:26 AM

Option two could just as easily focus on the growth of genin, but it'd be put in a more realistic timeframe.

Option 1 seems like it would be too long and drawn out. I remember being a little bit tired of my genin last time around. It wasn't that I wanted to become a chuunin quickly, it was because I wanted to feel a sense of progression.

I think the best way would be to have an rp that advances your character based on how well you rp. If you wanted to make a genius character like neji, sasuke, or an "i'm better than everyone" character like the fourth, kimimaro, or kakashi, you should be able to as long as you back up your story with good rping.

Option one seems like there would really be no choice in speed of progression and you are stuck advancing at the same rate as your three man cell or other genin.
Hokori
Posted on Mar 18 2007, 09:52 PM

Unregistered

Alright, it's time to really get things moving. More than anything else we really need members. Once I'm done posting this I'll be sending out a mass email to all past members inviting them back. Of course you can all help, by suggesting the site to a friend, or advertising somewhere. I'm hoping that over the next month or so we'll pick up at least 6 new solid members.. but let's try and get as many as possible.

On another note, there's been quite a bit of controversy with the character apps and things as of late. Yeah, I know we've been slow, no excuses on our end, but I would ask you all to be more open to critizism. I addressed this in a seperate topic, but really, we're only here to help, not to spite you all. We appreciate the creative stuff you guys all bring to the table, but in the interest of keeping things fair and balanced, we have to make sure each chart is right. As of now there's not a single one of you that I don't enjoy talking to, and I'm sure if we make an effort on both ends, the application process will go smoothly.

Lastly, there's the matter of growth and flow of the roleplay. There's a couple different roads to go down here, but I want to open it up to the other members as to which we take. I'll be opening a seperate poll for all of you to reply in. Your answer depends on which you'd prefer.

1) A free roleplay that focuses on genin growing into advanced ninjas, with overlying story lines and arcs created by the staff. In this setting, a genin would have a relatively slow paced growth, and not become jounin until early next year.

2) A roleplay that has no particular focus, but contains story arcs created by the staff to involve all ranks of shinobi. A genin here could probably reach jounin level by October

3) A plain free roleplay. The only story arcs will be created by the members themselves, there will be no real focus, and things will be for the most part left to the users. A genin could reach jounin level by October

4) A mission based roleplay in which members would progress the story by completing missions that would affect both villages, and different things around the board. The growth here would be like option 1, but some missions may be mandatory. The story would consist mostly of feuding between the different villages.

I would personally prefer 1,2, or 4, or perhaps a combination of the three. A plain free roleplay in my opinion is lame and usually doesnt end well.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2626 seconds · Archive