zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

A chanllege(didnt know where to put it)
Vonage
Posted: Mar 25 2007, 08:24 PM

Unregistered

This is a note from a person from another forum(i'm just sending it here because its gonna take to long for him to sign-up):

Greetings. I come from another Naruto RP forum, and I had a great idea. The forum I come from and this one is rather small, so I thought we could have a promotional event together? A cross-forum tournament would be pretty cool in my opinion. What do you guys think? I don't know the rules of this Forum yet so I won't post the link to TNA.

I was thinking that our Forums could be alternate realities? Of course for this to work during the tournament Ranks and Stats will be omitted, but weapons, techniques, and special abilities/Kekkai Genkai and everything else will remain the same. You may kill your opponent, but it may cause a war between the two realms.

This tournament would also be a great way for new skills to be learned.

Ds14
Posted: Mar 25 2007, 09:47 PM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

If we did something like that, it'd prolly have to be on a separate board created just for that. And then we'd ask admins how and if stats gained during that would be transferable to your actual character.
Omega2042
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 12:02 AM

Unregistered

There are a number of problems with doing something like this. First of all someone having their character die in an event that is basically OOC doesnt sit well with me at all. Next is just doing it.

I mean aside from having to pick a place for all these fights to take place there is also the problem of explaining how this is even happening. Of course the whole power scale problem comes into play as well. Also there is the problem of the jutsu themselves. There could be issues with GMing coming from either side depending on how jutsu are handled.

Finally without being able to go look at this other forum there is no way anyone here could make a call on if this even has any chance to work.
Ds14
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 12:22 AM

I'll echo what Omega said. In my opinion, it's possible but very unlikely.
FinalRagnarok
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 01:16 AM

Unregistered

can we see how this forum is like? translation: linkzors nao plz. XD
Vonage
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 08:31 PM

Unregistered

Here is the link to the site the started it: (Talk to Raizen about it) http://z6.invisionfree.com/The_Naruto_Anne...dex.php?act=idx

and where its gonna be held: http://beta.zetaboards.com/Naruto_Global/index/
FinalRagnarok
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 09:40 PM

Unregistered

I'm really not feeling the other site. It doesn't even seem to geared towards RPing, at least not as much as here. And I take it quite a few Naruto sites will take part in that Naruto Global thing eh?
Vonage
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 10:34 PM

Unregistered

Yeah so far only three are gonna take part in it, and i'm also in it too.
Ds14
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 10:37 PM

If it's an individual thing and it doesn't carry over into the actual rpg, then I don't really see a problem.

But I'm not an admin.
Vonage
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 10:42 PM

Unregistered

I wish you were then there would be more people to join, well its too bad that u guys might not be able to join, it probably would have gotten you more members
FinalRagnarok
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 10:57 PM

Unregistered

if you want, you could always keep the site in your sig or something like that to advertise laugh.gif
Vonage
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 10:58 PM

Unregistered

Yeah i know a perfect trick for that too happy.gif
Shinji
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 11:43 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (FinalRagnarok @ Mar 26 2007, 09:40 PM)
I'm really not feeling the other site. It doesn't even seem to geared towards RPing, at least not as much as here. And I take it quite a few Naruto sites will take part in that Naruto Global thing eh?

I thought I'd come over from TNA and defend our honor. I'm an admin on TNA and I know most of the faces. We have a few spammers sure, but there is noway you can estimate our rpping.

Why you ask? Only members, mods, and admins can see our rpping forums, what you can glance as a guest on whole is just our spam sections and OOC forums. No offense is taken, no way you could know right? As for the power level, we are not uberly overbalanced, we have maybe three strong ninjas, they'll die soon anyway lol, because we try to be cyclical.

We have three sites particapating in this roughly 36 ninja tournament, we'll go for a dry run and if we think it works we could come back and talk to you guys if we decide to do it again. That way your genin have time to grow as ours did.
FinalRagnarok
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 01:25 AM

Unregistered

Oh, I couldn't even see the RP'ing then huh? Nevermind then XD. My fault for judging without looking at all the info. *goes to join TNA*
Kintaro
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 02:59 AM

Unregistered

Hm, well from the staff at Jiyuu I would first like to welcome you to our... uhm humble abode.

While I mean no offense I am sorry to say that we will not be joining your project and most likely will not be in the future. While I personally find the idea to be uhm... intriguing I don't think it would work. The difference between our systems and rping style is to great. For one we have charts and go by elements so that the shinobi are limited to techniques like they are in the actual anime/manga. You don't see shinobi running around spitting out ice at people then five seconds later throwing around fire balls and then lightning!

Your system goes by "rank" system while ours goes by a chakra system. Instead here rank just signifies the amount of chakra one can have to get techniques. Plus you are only allowed two charts - one main and one secondary which is limited to 15,000 chakra techniques at most. Plus upon that you may mix and match the charts to make custom abilities such as in the manga that one (I can't recall his name) person can mix the water and earth element to make wood techniques.

Your site simply lists jutsu seen in the anime and manga and allows people to pick from them at will. We allow people to create their own charts and techniques and we have custom abilities within our charts but we also have canon techniques as well. Even our taijutsu is different. Your taijutsu is simply random techniques while ours actually goes in depth on the style and has levels and depth. If you take a tai style all of the techniques in it are going to be linked.

Rping is done different as well. The posts I saw on the "shared" site were usually one or two lines where the character does something that are labeled in ** marks and then says something. Posts here are required to be at least a paragraph long, I personally like to type up a page at least but only me and maybe one other member do that. Most people stick in between one and three paragraphs. I can see some serious issues if we were to form a collaborate project, most of it involves the odd fluctuation's in our posting size and style as well as godmodding and jutsu.

As I said the idea is interesting but I don't feel it would work. Maybe if at another time we could do something that would make the rp fair for all of our systems then maybe. But as it stands now I and the rest of the staff will have to decline your invitation.

Thanks for the consideration though.

Kintaro, Moderator of Naruto Jiyuu.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0275 seconds · Archive