Guide to Making Perfect Weapons:
1) Open the Land of Carnage: Basically, learn the love the Item World. You will be spending a lot of time there, so I would get ready to deal with it. The first thing you will want to do is open this place. Now, you shouldnt unlock this before the other steps, but rather work on this while doing the other steps.
How you open it is by collecting all 16 treasure maps. You get a treasure map each time you kill, or steal, it from a Pirate Captain. There are 16 different types. When you get a map, equip it on someone! They dont need to come out of the panel, so just give them to someone you dont use, as the maps dont give you anything.
The reason you want to equip the maps is so you raise the chance of pirates appearing. For this reason you want to spend 1-3 turns on a level before going down to the next. If you dont they will never show up. These guys get a bit strong at the end, the Z Pirates have stats in the 10Ks. While later they will be wimps, at this level they might own you.
After you get all the maps, thats it. Unequip them and put them in storage.
2) Get legendary rank 39 items. Mainly an Excalibur. Why the sword? Winged Slayer. The best 3x3 attack that everyone can use. It has no element and will help you a lot when you want to level later. Plus Yukimaru is good with a sword and everyone loves her, zam.
I dont feel like listing every single rank 39 item, but just grab as many legendary items as you can. Oh and only get legendary from now on. All others are trash and shouldnt be used.
3) Make a Mothman. Why a mothman? Simple, it has a great move range and can fly through stuff. For this reason it makes a really good portal runner. Just give it some upgraded shoes and enjoy the movement you get. Mine has 21 right now, its rather nice.
4) Max out your felonies. Ah yes, another thing to do while doing everything else. Make sure you enter the gates with a tower so you can get 9 characters at a time maxing out. Use whatever means you want to keep track of how many people have, they max out at 300, but you can only see up to 99 on the portrait. You DO NOT need to reincarnate them for this bonus to stack up.
5) Get an ungodly strong character for this point. Quick and dirty method, level 9999 Nekomata. If you dont feel like doing this becuase its "cheating" then you are a fool and will enjoy extending this process even longer. Adding like 50 hours onto this process is a bit long. I beat the game before doing this, so I had no problem with having a level 9999 around. And if you still think its cheating and you havent beat the game, well then, DONT USE THE NEKO FOR STORY LEVELS.
6) Get some good equipment for said Neko. Lets be honest, equipment makes a character at this stage, not levels. Sure the levels help and all, but trust me, its equipment. So go out there and get some Infernal Armor and some monster weapons. Satan's Motor is the rank 39 one I believe. Oh yeah it is, I just remembered the name of the rank 40.
Lets take a break and look at this. You dont even have the weapon you will work on yet, nor are you close to it. This is long you know.
7) Build counter weapons. Another thing to level up while you try to get all those maps, taking awhile isnt it? Get a legendary sword and monster weapon. Rank doesnt matter, any old weapon will do, as long as its legendary. Then just pass three counter proposals and youre done with them, for now anyway.
Oh and added onto the Mothman part, you will want to level up some Angle Sandels with three movement bills so you can get 15 extra move from them. And from now on, all items I mention are just assumed to be legendary, I dont feel like typing that out anymore.
8)If by this point you still dont have all those pirates, you are either A: very unlucky or B: you arent going into legendary items. You HAVE to use legendaries for this. Some spawn on floors 61+ only. If you have just been unlucky, then there isnt much else to say other than: get back in there. Honestly, getting those maps will test you in ways nothing else will. Opening the area is in some ways the hardest part.
I would suggest trying to steal more items while you level up some armor and weapons. Infernal Armor is always a good choice as you will be using it for a long time to come. Dont worry about making them perfect, you can always get more of them.
Oh yeah almost forgot. At this point you want to take that Excalibur you picked up to level 99 and then exit. Dont go into it anymore, just leave it alone until later.
9) This is later. the LoC is open now and its time for you to see the face of what you will be fighting! Save your game now as chances are you will die a horribly death at the hands of the Item God2.
OK, you have saved and have no regrets. Good, go into that Excalibur oh and dont be scared of the average level of the monsters inside, yes I know it says 8499+, but you have a level 9999 Neko with some at least half decent equipment, you should be fine...
Pary you can run tot he exit with your mothman and prepare for something that will cause you to reset a lot. First of all, now is the time to decide how hardcore you want to be with making a perfect character. If you want to be really hardcore, then you need to steal a Yoshitsuna with a rarity of 0. Why 0? Simple it matches up with items you gain through skipping story events. If you skip a story scene the item you get will always have a rarity of 0.
I hope you know what matching rarity does...Anyway, you will need a lot of jump to even get up to where the guy is. Once up there you will notice how strong he is. Stats will average about 150K. Your first goal should be stealing that sword. After all, its what you came here to get. Steal it however you can and then win the level. The best way is to kill the Item God, but if you can do it then just leave the level after you get the sword.
Do note that the Excalibur will be stronger if you beat him and you will want it to be good.
10) I hope you have a lot of Gencies, because you will need them. Now that you have said Yoshi, you will want to level it up. First things first, you need to get all the correct specialists onto the weapon. These being Gladiators. I have forgotten the sword that they spawn on, but you will need 8 of them.
Your first task is to clear all the specialists off the weapon. If it has some glads, greats subdue and leave them on. If not, then clear off everything. What you will want is to fill up every slot on the item with galds. DO NOT COMBINE THEM. You just want the slots filled with them, their strength doesnt matter AT ALL.
How you clear them off is simple, save, then go in. If there isnt a specialist there, reset. By reset I mean go to quit and just reload your game, not reset the system. If there is, kill it and exit. Repeat until all are gone and you have all your glads on it. Yes I know you have two left over, they will go on later.
11) Now, you want to get a Mystery Gate on floor 1. So keep up with the reseting until you get one. Now, the gate you are looking for is one with seven monsters that you have to kill in two turns, or the old man. Kill the monsters and the item gains three levels. The old man can either take 10 or 3 levels or he can give you 3 or 10 levels. You will need to get more Great Lucks in order to get to level 200, so you could get one out of the way right now without having to use an exit.
Gates can only appear every three levels, so after seeing this one on floor 1 you wait until floor 4 to see the next one. This is where you have to decide how you want to go through the item. You can either exit at floor 3 and be safe, or exit on floor 4 and take a risk.
Floor 3 allows you to reset if there is no gate on 4, or if the gate isnt what you wanted. The downside is that you have to go down a floor everytime you reset.
On the other hand floor 4 makes resetting faster, but you run a risk. If there is no gate on 4 when you get there, great, exit save and reset. From this point you just get your levels and go down to the next gate.
If there is a gate however, you are a bit screwed. Why you ask? Well think of it this way. You just came from floor 1 which leveled your weapon. You have not saved yet. So if you reset you will have to start all over again from level 1.
You will be really lucky if there is a gate and its seven monsters. YOu just saved yourself a lot of time and an exit. On the other hand if its the old man you run an extreme risk. If he gives you bad luck, you are screwed. You can not EVER get bad luck ONCE. So the choice is yours. Talk to him or not.
If there is a gate and it didnt help you, you now have to wait three floor before you can see another, but wait you cant go down further until you see a gate. Mystery Rooms are carried across items. What I mean by that is that if you enter a different item and go down three floors and dont see a gate, then it can show up again in the Yoshi.
Which one you use if your opinion, but I used the floor 4 method.
12) Double Kill all bosses. Whats a double kill? Every 10 floors is a boss, you know this. When you first arrive on floor 10, kill the General and leave. DO NOT clear the level. Save and re-enter. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU SAVE ON FLOOR 10! Kill the General again and clear the level for your exit. YOu have to double kill EVERY boss in the item to get the most stats.
When you kill an Item King, floor 30, the item gains another specialist spot. After the first kill put the 7th glad on and then the 8th after the second kill. After floor 30 the item should be just about ready to "speed" level.
13) On floors 10, 20 and 30 you have to make sure you save after you kill the boss the first time. This is because you will need to reset a lot here. The reason why is you need to see the Assembly Chicken. It shows up randomly with the Innocent Town. If there is no town, reset. If there is a town, but no chicken, reset.
When you finally get your chicken, you will want to pass the More Attack bill. The one at the bottom that increases attack growth by a lot. You can only pass three bills and only once every 10 floors, so thats why you need to do it on floors 10, 20 and 30.
14) From this point on its smooth sailing until you hit level 99. As you work your way down, keeping up with the gates of course, you will want to keep an eye on the level. By floor 99 you will want it to be at most two levels off. Those two levels being for clearing 99 and 100. Personally, I wouldnt wait this long as leveling will get REALLY annoying at this point.
So by about floor 80 just do a little math and see if you will make 200.
15) Maybe I should have mentioned this before, but unless you are insane, dont go into the IW in the LoC. You dont gain more stats for leveling items there. The only reason to go there is for level 100, which is where we are now on our Yoshi!
Yes, you do have to double kill the Item God! And yes, you do need to steal another Yoshi from him! Enjoy!
Well, that should pretty much cover it. I think I got everything you need to get a perfect weapon on there. As well as some things to get out of the way while you level it. Yes, this does take a long time, but half the steps you only have to do once and then never again. Oh and this was all posted off the top of my head, enjoy!