zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Time
Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 06:41 PM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

This was a problem last time, too. How does time pass by?

Are we just going to have a time skip?

I was thinking maybe a month is a year. So if you join as a 12 year old genin in january you might be a 22 year old jounin in october(assuming you get there that quickly).

Ideas anyone?
Kanki-chan
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 06:48 PM

Unregistered

Well, most of the topics in the Leaf forum were made for the day after Ayame's disappearance. If the people who created the topics decided to start them by saying something like "a week had passed since Ayame disappeared" or some small time skip, then it would've sounded like a longer break from your character.

Besides, if people want their characters to get older, I'm sure the genin have a 13th birthday or something like that on different days. It's not like all of Konoha's genin were born on the same day.

Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 06:51 PM

Right, but you can only do that so much. If you want your character to grow from say 13 to 18 eventually, you can't keep having birthdays. The longest possible time someone that was the same age as you can possibly be a year younger than you is like 364 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds. And that's where we hit a problem.

What happened with my character was just an example of where time problems can come up and also some bad planning on my part. But I'm sure it can happen again and the results won't be like, catastrophic, but it'll probably be enough to make some members turn around and be like, "Wtf just happened?"

I say if it can be avoided, why not?
Kanki-chan
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 07:11 PM

Unregistered

There's also the question of when the timeskip occurs. Of course an obvious answer would be after the chuunin exams, but that could give people who didn't become chuunins an easy way to say that during the timeskip they re-took the chuunin exam and passed with flying colors, therefore making the whole chuunin exam event redundant.
Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah, and it could screw some people over if they were in the middle of something during the exams.
Omega2042
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 08:51 PM

Unregistered

I hate time skips. As for keeping every single topic on the same time frame, you just cant. You would go insane trying to pull that off. I mean, Wasumi and Ekei trained together then seperated. Ekei went home and slept, while Wasumi trained with someone else. Yet while she trained Ekei woke up and trained again.

So unless we have a rule that says people have to stay on the same day and if they want to go to the next one they have to wait until everyone else catches up, just deal with it. Also, why is aging only something genin do?
Ds14
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 09:08 PM

It's not something only genin do, but the difference is pretty radical from 12 to 16, so I used genin.

And I'm not for time skips. I'm for having time be constantly moving at a set rate.
Kanki-chan
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 12:23 AM

Unregistered

...and that idea all boils down to one major point: having people keep up with their posting ethic. If people are slow to post or make up training/mission threads for themselves, then everything's going to slow down and the timeline get screwed up. Granted, people do have lives outside of the internet, but that's the key element for the whole timeline thing: having people active on the site.
Ds14
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 12:24 AM

Yeah, that'd be a pretty major problem with my idea.

Lol, time has to pass and I'm not sure how that'd be implemented.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0270 seconds · Archive