Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

How do you guys rp fights?
Ds14
Posted: May 6 2007, 03:37 PM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

How do you rp who wins a fight?

I usually go by who has higher chakra and rp it as if the person with lower chakra is a bit weaker. Like for genin a 500 chakra gap is enough to get a little advantage, but not to be much stronger. And then a 1000 chakra gap is like Sasuke after he learned chidori and nobody else was really close to him in strength until a little later. That's at least how I figure it.

That being said, I think a 500 chakra person could beat a 2800 like in my last fight where my 2800 character, Rain, lost to FFA's 500 character, Meiten. The way the fight was structured and the way it was rped lead to the weaker person winning. So I think winning depends on these things in order:

1. Chakra Amount.

2. Tech Chart

3. The Other Person's Tech Chart

4. How your tech charts interact with each other. Ten Ten getting that ass beat by Temari would be an example of a good shinobi paired up with someone that is probably not much stronger, but has a chart specifically made to beat them.

5. Environment. My character. Ayame, would be awful to fight in a forest because she can manipulate plants. If someone had Mokuton, they could probably do even worse. But if she were in a desert or an icy area, it would be the opposite.

How do you guys go about rping your character winning a fight or losing one?
Fire Fist Ace
Posted: May 6 2007, 04:04 PM

Unregistered

I think a lot of things can go into it, chakra, techs, how they are executed. I also used how well the two (or more) roleplay the fight. Like, as an example, if one person roleplays really well and take their shots and keeps track of how many techs they used and whether not they would be tired and the like. On the other hand, the other fighter could GM and seem better, the fight would obviously go to the first guy

Of course, the reason I do this is because back in the nrp, the advantage always went to the mods or admins because they wanted to further a story with their own characters, and that meant they could never be beat even if they should have been.
Hokori
Posted: May 6 2007, 06:15 PM

Unregistered

Well i think it depends on whose character gets the upper hand in the battle. Of course everything Ds said goes into it as well, but it all comes down to the skill of the RPer and if they perform everything correctly.

Someone with a clear upperhand and obvious winner could make one stupid mistake and lose the fight to someone he's been beating down the entire time.
Vox
Posted: May 6 2007, 10:54 PM

Unregistered

Another important thing is distance, too. For instance, at long range, a taijutsu user would stand a chance against a katon expert. But if it comes to a close-quarters fight, the ninjutsu's all but useless.
Omega2042
Posted: May 6 2007, 11:28 PM

Unregistered

Anyone? No? Well, I guess I might as well spell out one of the single most important things in a fight, balance. There. Simple as that. Without balance a person is basically yours to toy with as you please. Of course this does apply more to someone using taijutsu, but it goes across the board as well.

Without balance you cant get all your force behind an attack, making you weaker. You are unable to react, casuing you to get hit. Any hit will hurt more as you wont be able to recover in a graceful manner. Basically, you are wide open to getting the snot kicked out of you. How do you get someone into this wonderful possition? Not telling, you might use it on me.

Another really fun thing to do is have a trump card. Pulling this off can change the tide of battle in a heartbeat, if not just end it. A very obvious example of this is opening some gates. Simple, effective, very surprising. Nasty drawbacks aside, no one should see it coming, if they do I must ask how they knew about them and how they knew you could opening, and the surprise of someone seeming to go berserk with insane power should give you the opening to use all that power.

Lastly, there is paying attention to what your opponent does. If they are faster than you and do a fast strike, you will get hit. Simple as that, you wont see it coming and wont be able to react. Nothing you can really do, however, if they keep doing it, you will be able to dodge it. How? Simple, you know its coming and dodge it. You start your dodge before they attack, making up for the gap in speed. Then you can counter and etc etc.

So ultimatly, I dont get into patterns and leave my opponents guessing as to what I can do exactly. After all, controlling information is half the battle and all that. Yes, I know, cliched line, but if its true...
Ds14
Posted: May 7 2007, 12:06 AM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

QUOTE (Omega2042 @ May 6 2007, 05:28 PM)
Lastly, there is paying attention to what your opponent does. If they are faster than you and do a fast strike, you will get hit. Simple as that, you wont see it coming and wont be able to react. Nothing you can really do, however, if they keep doing it, you will be able to dodge it. How? Simple, you know its coming and dodge it. You start your dodge before they attack, making up for the gap in speed. Then you can counter and etc etc.

Exactly, Omega. That's how Sasuke eventually figured out what Haku was up to. I love Haku, but he used mirrors too long. At first, Sasuke was getting raped and then later on it started getting easier and easier. That's a good point. And it's also a good point how the first sudden strike is almost impossible to dodge.
Omega2042
Posted: May 12 2007, 09:34 AM

Unregistered

Oh yeah, I forgot. One of the most important things going into one of these fights, is keeping in mind what your character would know about who they are fighting. Such as, if you are fighting a Hyuuga there is a very good chance you wouldnt know about their blind spot. For that matter you wouldnt really know about their bloodline ability in the first place.

So keep in mind that genin really dont know much. They barely know about their own abilities, much less what everyone else can do. Oh and for how you follow what someone is doing, be sure to keep that part in character. Not everyone is going to be able to pick up every little detail of someone's fighting style right away. Unless your character is a prodigy, you shouldnt be able to figure out someone's abilities from a few posts.

Just some things to keep in mind.
Kanki-chan
Posted: May 13 2007, 09:31 PM

Unregistered

There is also one big thing to consider: the directions for a fight. What most people didn't mention is that there are directions when someone fights. I mean, the way I see it, Meiten won her fight not because of chakra, but because she was the first to make three hits, Rain only made one. Akuitora even said, first person to get three hits wins. Following to the rules of roleplaying and what the teacher said actually helps the fight.

It was exactly like that at the chuunin exams the first time around, where Shikamrau became a chuunin because he fought against Temari, but also thought like a chuunin, which meant knowing when to stop fighting and "retreat" before he exhausted his chakra. Naruto, Sasuke, and Neji thought the fights were actually to the finish, which was a genin sort of thing to do: fight and defeat your opponent, and when another person comes around to fight you're screwed.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0267 seconds · Archive