Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

NPC's
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 03:24 AM

Unregistered

Not to complain, but I think any NPC's that have an important role in Jiyuu should be registered and listed among others so people can refer to them and what they can do. It may be kind of difficult to have to scavenge through topics every now and then to incorporate posts with an NPC.

Basically, I think NPC's should be registered as a character would be only with a slightly different application template. If it's too much of a hassle to work with, you can forget about the entire suggestion.
Ds14
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 03:56 AM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

It's a good idea. An NPC application. But I think it's irrelevant as long as the NPC doesn't interact with anyone but your character/other NPC's.

Your thoughts on that?
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 04:14 AM

Unregistered

My thoughts are that either way, a member may want to understand more about the NPC he is reading about even if he doesn't do anything in particular with the NPC itself. So the reader will have a better understanding of the NPC if information is posted in a descriptive, separate topic.
Ds14
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 04:22 AM

Yeah.
Mazrith986
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 07:05 AM

Unregistered

The thing about doing stuff like that is that some people have a problem with metagaming. Where they'll say there character knows something that they really shouldn't. Thus some of the NPC's will not be posted to the public at any time. That and there are some you guys just can't know about. wink.gif
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 12:07 PM

Unregistered

True, but hasn't that happened a lot in the past anyway? My character's mention of Mangekyu Sharingan, Kanki-Chan's reference to Hana-Ouji, those are just a few, there have probably been more.
Uchiha Satori
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 11:36 AM

ANBU

Member No.: 1

Yeah it's happened, and it'll surely happen again. Things like the byakugan's blind spot & range, specifics of jutsu.. information is often going to be exploited.. there's nothing we can truly do about that, except to trust you guys to hold yourselves to character.

As far as posting the applications of story NPCs, I'd rather not. It sort of destroys the mystery behind the characters. And as you saw before, though the NPCs showed up rather unannounced, they were later added to the bingo book so you could all take a look.

Just work with us on this one.
Uchiha Mikyas
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 12:10 PM

Unregistered

Sure thing.
Ds14
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Uchiha Satori @ Feb 8 2007, 06:36 AM)
Yeah it's happened, and it'll surely happen again. Things like the byakugan's blind spot & range, specifics of jutsu.. information is often going to be exploited.. there's nothing we can truly do about that, except to trust you guys to hold yourselves to character.

As far as posting the applications of story NPCs, I'd rather not. It sort of destroys the mystery behind the characters. And as you saw before, though the NPCs showed up rather unannounced, they were later added to the bingo book so you could all take a look.

Just work with us on this one.

Stop knowing the answers to things.... it's not fair. angry.gif
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0248 seconds · Archive